Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Different management. We are building a modern system and structure now. Few weeks back I saw a year old job advert to join the analytics team at Aston Villa. Inevitably we'll get the odd signing who has a bad attitude but I'm confident those days are long behind us in the long term.

Zoggy and RMC, fair enough....but Kalinic and Engels were under the new regime.

@rayk do you reckon Douglas Luiz (For example) was dying to sign for Aston Villa when we got him?

Look at him now?

Even if a player only sees us as a stepping stone, the only way he gets to STEP up is if he performs well!

I think  Idrissa Gueye was another who straight up said he was using us as a stepping stone. (Not 100 percent).

Obviously none of us are in love with the idea, but it's 2020.

The main difference now, is that we are in a position to push on ourselves, keep our best players and attract better ones as we go along.

Players also often grow to love a club, the same as any relationship.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

A,) we make a profit. Kerching!

B,) he never realises his dream of playing in the champions League. 

(A) that didn’t sit well amongst Villa fans re Delph or Ashley Young from memory.

(B) we lose £22m.

Bingo....

.tracy morgan bingo GIF by Team Coco

21 minutes ago, rayk said:

And hopefully he is amazing.

But if he turns out as a pile of poo in his first few games, his motivation will be immediately questioned. By the media and by fans on social media.

Not if he's trying there won't be.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@rayk do you reckon Douglas Luiz (For example) was dying to sign for Aston Villa when we got him?

Look at him now?

Even if a player only sees us as a stepping stone, the only way he gets to STEP up is if he performs well!

I didnt see any comments from Luiz that he didn’t want to play for us though?

Luiz profile of transfer I have no problems because we provided hi a PL platform City couldn’t do.

And I do think the Luiz love in is funny  because most fans gave him stick (even though so,e fams could see his talent from day one.Not pointed at you specifically).

Just now, rayk said:

(A) that didn’t sit well amongst Villa fans re Delph or Ashley Young from memory.

(B) we lose £22m.

Bingo....

A,) Ashley Young progressed and won a few titles and so did Delph. We made a large profit on Young and I can't remember exactly how much we made on Delph. We'll replace Rashica with better if he comes and then goes.

B,) or he realises that Villa ain't no pussies and he better get his head down. And even if he doesn't play some stupid team will no doubt think they can resurrect his career so we don't lose money.

88 two fat ladies.

3 minutes ago, rayk said:

(B) we lose £22m.

Bingo....

These situations are so vastly different and YOU KNOW IT.

Are you on the wind up mate?

Scraykdriver?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, rayk said:

I didnt see any comments from Luiz that he didn’t want to play for us though?

Luiz profile of transfer I have no problems because we provided hi a PL platform City couldn’t do.

And I do think the Luiz love in is funny  because most fans gave him stick (even though so,e fams could see his talent from day one.Not pointed at you specifically).

And you've seen comments from Rashica?

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

These situations are so vastly different and YOU KNOW IT.

Are you on the wind up mate?

Scraykdriver?

Not on any wind up at all. But suppose Raschica was player of the season and then demanded a transfer.

To use the dreaded words of DOL.....fans can be fickle.