Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

Has all the hallmarks of Rashica to Leipzig on deadline day. Including his mate linking us to him to attempt to stir RBL. Would be very unsurprised if our interest in him was low if at all. But it’s a useful cover for our real targets either way. 

Do we really want a player who's putting us second? Holding out for a move against a CL team fair enough, but the moment he starts doing well here (if he does) and a better club comes knocking he won't think twice.

I Dunno I Think That's a Bit Dodgy Mate RT 😥 When You See Eric Cantona's  Latest Instagram Post httpstcouVW9wponfz | Instagram Meme on ME.ME

16 minutes ago, MCU said:

Do we really want a player who's putting us second? Holding out for a move against a CL team fair enough, but the moment he starts doing well here (if he does) and a better club comes knocking he won't think twice.

I Dunno I Think That's a Bit Dodgy Mate RT 😥 When You See Eric Cantona's  Latest Instagram Post httpstcouVW9wponfz | Instagram Meme on ME.ME

I can cope with that as then he'll be worth 50m 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Villarocker said:

It's all about the HS2 now mate. That's the nwq seller for players joining the Villa. 

You've seen how good Crossrail is going at the moment? The line that was due to be open in January 2018. HS2 might be ready in time for Rashica to join as a coach or club ambassador.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MCU said:

So we shouldn't sign any players at all than because that's exactly how they would all think. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MCU said:

How do you know he won't think twice? Leipzig and him agreed on a move before the end of the season back when everyone thought Werder were going down. It was only after they stayed up that Leipzig seemed to not want to pay the asking price. By all accounts he was expecting to move there so he's been expecting CL football next season and wants to assess his options and see if it will still happen. What player wouldn't rather play CL football? I'd still take a player who might be putting us second as it's how we grow. Even if he comes and has a brilliant season and lifts us up the table then leaves that's okay because we will then be in a better position to attract other good players and continue building. He might be using us as a stepping stone but maybe we might use him too. As long as we keeping improving then I really don't care. He's a professional player and not the kind to kick up a fuss, as proven by his FOCUS instagram post so I know that if he did come here he would be fully committed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

We live to fight another day in the pursuit of Rashica. Surely we have to have set a deadline for this, with the season fast approaching and Smith keen on getting people in before. 

We don't need a deadline. He isn't coming. 

Why we haven't signed anyone is a separate issue entirely

52 minutes ago, MCU said:

I think that would describe every player in our squad, and always has done back to the MON era.

Persistence is key - if we're the best option in the end then we'll get him - we won't know if we don't stay in. That said - we were probably never interested, although I am enjoying this parallel universe where we are. 

1 minute ago, the_eristic said:

'til he got his step up and watched us go down.

It wasn't his fault we bought a lot of shit to be fair to him. It certainly wasn't his idea to put Micah Richards at CB.

We were such a horrendous team that year. Gives me shudders.