Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

It wasn't his fault we bought a lot of shit to be fair to him. It certainly wasn't his idea to put Micah Richards at CB.

We were such a horrendous team that year. Gives me shudders.

No doubt, just playing a little devil's advocate! When you're a stepping stone club, your best players inevitably step up, then what are you left with? Just like back then, kids, crocks and jobbers. Should we accept that status too readily now, we run the risk of not only losing the better players we've bought, but our once-in-a-generation homegrown star. Some clubs have made a business of it, but I don't think that's where our owners' ambitions lie and certainly not the supporters! Fine line to be tread in the next few weeks.

Just now, the_eristic said:

No doubt, just playing a little devil's advocate! When you're a stepping stone club, your best players inevitably step up, then what are you left with? Just like back then, kids, crocks and jobbers. Should we accept that status too readily now, we run the risk of not only losing the better players we've bought, but our once-in-a-generation homegrown star. Some clubs have made a business of it, but I don't think that's where our owners' ambitions lie and certainly not the supporters! Fine line to be tread in the next few weeks.

We were awful in our purchases back then. We were also, possibly most critically, not really being supported much by Lerner. His investment had dried up. We bought badly with the Milner money then atrociously with the Benteke money. It didn't help that we lost Delph for £8million either, and Ron Vlaar for free. In fact, in the space of about a year we lost our entire spine—best defender, best midfielder and best striker and only really got decent money for one of them.

It doesn't have to be like that though. If the club is set up properly you can take losing a great player without becoming one of the worst teams in Prem history.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCU said:

Do we really want a player who's putting us second? Holding out for a move against a CL team fair enough, but the moment he starts doing well here (if he does) and a better club comes knocking he won't think twice.

I Dunno I Think That's a Bit Dodgy Mate RT 😥 When You See Eric Cantona's  Latest Instagram Post httpstcouVW9wponfz | Instagram Meme on ME.ME

I remember Dean saying last year that he has no issue with players who have ambitions to go on to higher things.  It generally shows they want to work hard to improve and perform on the pitch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, Tez500 said:

2 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Has all the hallmarks of Rashica to Leipzig on deadline day.

2 hours ago, Okonokos said:

How do you know he won't think twice? Leipzig and him agreed on a move before the end of the season back when everyone thought Werder were going down. It was only after they stayed up that Leipzig seemed to not want to pay the asking price.

It's been off for a while yet it's only started filtering through in press releases in the last week or so confirming as much.

It's been also interesting to note the innocent but contradicting press releases in Germany from the Werder camp.

One hand says that they are resigned to Rashica moving away while the other hand is going to start on planning with Milot "as if he is staying".

Has he since already agreed a deal with the "other club(s) that are interested"?

Time will tell....  :thumb:

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It's been off for a while yet it's only started filtering through in press releases in the last week or so confirming as much.

It's been also interesting to note the innocent but contradicting press releases in Germany from the Werder camp.

One hand says that they are resigned to Rashica moving away while the other hand is going to start on planning with Milot "as if he is staying".

Has he since already agreed a deal with the "other club(s) that are interested"?

Still such a cock(s) tease

Sexy Olivia Wilde GIF

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Can't see it personally as I'm unsure of what would be holding up a deal if he's already agreed a move somewhere. Though, there could be hundreds of factors i'm not aware of. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can't see it personally as I'm unsure of what would be holding up a deal if he's already agreed a move somewhere. Though, there could be hundreds of factors i'm not aware of. 

My take on it all based on the clues, press talk etc. is that we've agreed a deal over a week ago but he's waiting for an offer from a better club. It's fair enough but there's got to come a point where we're like, "Mate, you're taking the piss a bit here" and move on.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Rashy posts a picture on insta story of him driving his car with a smile on his face. It must mean he's on his way

Sorry but I’ll only read your posts if you post the same gif as your previous one. 

20 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think if you also factor in family matters as a priority. It could be a completely new country. A different language. A very young child. Where to live and suitability. Then the football factors of wages, bonuses etc.

One minute you think you're signing for a team 4 hours up the road, next minute you could be moving to an entire different country?

It's not too hard to see why these deals sometimes are not done overnight.

That's the life of a footballer though and is rewarded handsomely, at least at the top levels.

If it isn't going to affect other deals, I don't mind it dragging on it's not as if we have signed anyone yet anyway. 

If we are holding off signing Benrahma because we are putting all our eggs in Rashica's basket that could be problematic.