Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

18 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Certainly got the little feels of the Moss interpretation. "Well, that's the law, isn't it" - No it has never been interpreted that way and was later clarified by PGMOL. It is all after the fact 'interpretation' to justify a decision and it saddens me to hear some Villa fans gulping down this snake oil.

Kavanagh should have just waved play on if he thought there was not sufficient contact, as has been done countless times. It's consistency that you want. Further to, tell me that a penalty would NOT have been given for the exact same incidence but FOR Manchester United. Watch for reference:

Then you review the handball by Greenwood. (Compare it to pen given to Man Utd against Brighton and against West Brom this season).

But, ultimately, it is a subjective opinion of the ref and let's be honest plenty of unconscious bias exists. It is the same with the journalism. We just need to slowly change the belief system surrounding Aston Villa, and we can only do this by becoming better and challenging. Also we need to be loud and vocal of injustice.

Plenty of dodgy decisions in that video.

• Like 1

It was interesting watching the exchange when Watkins came back to confront Henderson. He held his thumb and forefinger close together as if to say “You know you got a bit of me”. Henderson mimicked the same gesture, suggesting “just a bit”, then waved an arm at the byeline, as if claiming the ball was going out anyway. None of the angry finger wagging when a player knows another has cheated. He knew he had caught him.

• Like 2

Ollie Watkins getting a yellow card for simulation which meant a sending off was just the icing on the cake of a biased (bent) and awful officiating performance. The referee couldn’t wait to point to the spot for the Man Utd penalty, and he was just as keen to not only wave away a valid penalty appeal, but to book the player for simulation……just to rub salt into the wounds. 

• Like 3

One variable posters are forgetting is that Ollie got to the ball first. So that action happened because of the effort to avoid contact simultaneously as getting to the ball. 

Theirs was a penalty but ours should have been too but for different reasons.

27 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The goal Cavani scored should be on repeat for all our players especially Ollie. 

The ball in from rashford should be on repeat for our wingers... 

Very rare we get that quality of delivery let alone the movement and finish 

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agreed. I suppose it's one of the issues with playing inverted wingers though those balls are impossible to play.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The fainting/collapsing from soft touch by Pogba should be shown on repeat to our players on how to get a soft penalty 😜

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Certainly got the little feels of the Moss interpretation. "Well, that's the law, isn't it" - No it has never been interpreted that way and was later clarified by PGMOL. It is all after the fact 'interpretation' to justify a decision and it saddens me to hear some Villa fans gulping down this snake oil.

Kavanagh should have just waved play on if he thought there was not sufficient contact, as has been done countless times. It's consistency that you want. Further to, tell me that a penalty would NOT have been given for the exact same incidence but FOR Manchester United. Watch for reference:

Then you review the handball by Greenwood. (Compare it to pen given to Man Utd against Brighton and against West Brom this season).

But, ultimately, it is a subjective opinion of the ref and let's be honest plenty of unconscious bias exists. It is the same with the journalism. We just need to slowly change the belief system surrounding Aston Villa, and we can only do this by becoming better and challenging. Also we need to be loud and vocal of injustice.

That Daniel James penalty award against Norwich after VAR is as disgraceful a decision as I have ever seen! He literally leans into the defender shoulder to shoulder and wins a penalty. The fact that VAR awarded it is even worse!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The fainting/collapsing from soft touch by Pogba should be shown on repeat to our players on how to get a soft penalty 😜

Exactly, they clearly practice their cheating methods intensley. You could see Pogba deliberately just keeping the ball as long as he could with no intention of doing anything other than diving as soon as he felt contact.... Just like he did in the game at Old Trafford when he felt the tiniest flick from the same player and went down knowing he would get a penatly. This time Luiz, much to my disgust whilst watching, fell for it even worse than the first time and rattled his legs from behind. Easy penatly but 100% played for by the cheat that is Pogba. All of their players do the same thing... get into the box, if nothing is on just play keepy ball until contact is felt & then dive. Because it's Man U the refs will give a pen everytime so it's an easy way to change the course of a game for them... The issue with us is if we do that same thing we usually get no penalty or our player gets booked with just the occasional one actually being given (But never against the Scummy 6 clubs). How that is not evidence of corruption towards these clubs i'll never know. It basically gives them a headstart in every game and is the main reason we never win against them. 

It's scandalous quite frankly especially so now that VAR is available but has been effectively nullified by ridiculous cop out rule changes. (not that those rules were ever enforced correctly anyhow but removing them gives them a legitimate reason to alter results as they desire.

Watching those videos above is evidence enough and i am sure would hold up in court for any other type of case. 

Frankly i would be embarrassed to support one of those scummy 6 clubs right now and in particular that lot of proffessional cheats we played on Sunday... Don't start me on the Ref being a manc either... What a farce. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

The goal Cavani scored should be on repeat for all our players especially Ollie. 

I’d say especially El Ghazi rather than Watkins. It’s that run from the left wing inside the full back that El Ghazi should be making when the ball is on our right wing especially given El Ghazi will have a height advantage on many full backs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

This is getting a bit rich now......

So Jermaine Jenas gets all holier than thou and declares ,its about time "this" is stamped out.....whatever "this" is...his judgment of simulation I presume, with no clear evidence to support his view.

We have been on the rough end of these decisions on numerous occasions ,now suddenly, folk like Jenas has had enough......Oh so ****ing noble to choose our game....what a convenient moment for him.

Shame his free ride of wages he had from us, couldn't give us the benefit of the doubt....another mugging from the mercenaries.

We have already been subjected to an injustice in Manchester to another incompetency that resulted in a law change .....are we the effing guinea pigs of the premier league.

Its an absolute joke.....Jenas would have served his judgement better if he had said, in view of how many times, i have seen that given, Villa should be aggrieved, not just roll the rule book out as a figment of his fury of seeing too much of it.

Villa are the whipping boys for this lot.....and the media, positioning themselves in the best light with the super 6....With all their posturing over the super league, and the critical nature it mustered, their hypocrisy is stifling.

100% agree his comments and left me feeling like i never want to watch MOTD again. Its about time this bias towards the top clubs stopped. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He dived. But made contact. Shouldn't have been booked/sent off and should have been a penalty to us.

I think people overlook this when talking about “diving” I don’t like how the game has changed in this regard, but it has. 

I agree, he was looking for it but in today’s game it’s pen. I look at few of yesterday’s decisions and wonder if how the same incidents would have been awarded if they happened for the other team. 

Â