Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

15 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Don't think it was a pen, but don't see how the ref can call that a dive either, and really don't think he deserves to be made an example of by jermaine **** jenas on motd. Gutted for him watching that tonight after his efforts and bad luck this year 

Jenas - bang average player and pundit.

• Like 1

Was Watkins the 1st yellow card of the Premier League season for diving as well? Farcicial league, i actually wish these scumbags went to the super league 

17 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Don't think it was a pen, but don't see how the ref can call that a dive either, and really don't think he deserves to be made an example of by jermaine **** jenas on motd. Gutted for him watching that tonight after his efforts and bad luck this year 

His last name rhymes with what he is.

It is simply yet another example of how corrupt the game is unfortunately. It is way beyond simple errors by officials especially as now even VAR has been adapted to suit. The way they get around it all is by adding the "we won't change the on field ref decision unless it's clear & obvious" Or in other words "we can design the outcome of the game however we wish by only changing something when we want to". 

It's all a joke and again here we are in the run in when this "result tinkering" comes to the fore year in, year out. 

I've been reading some of the comments from Man U fans saying they are surprised it wasn't a penalty for us. Of course they would be surprised as if that was a Man U player it would 100% be a penalty 100% of the time.

As for Jenas on MOTD he is a muppet and sees things through White & blue specs. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna go against the grain here. I thought that was a dive but I wouldn't have been so sure on it that I would've given it a yellow.

If you look at the reaction on reddit, it seems like they mostly think the ref got it spot on. And its not just Man united or top 6 fans saying it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/n8fvch/ollie_watkins_second_yellow_card_against/

Usually when there's a large disagreement between the reaction on here and over there, I tend to agree with those guys more. And this is no exception. We're more prone to bias after all considering its our team and our player.

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm gonna go against the grain here. I thought that was a dive but I wouldn't have been so sure on it that I would've given it a yellow.

If you look at the reaction on reddit, it seems like they mostly think the ref got it spot on. And its not just Man united or top 6 fans saying it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/n8fvch/ollie_watkins_second_yellow_card_against/

Usually when there's a large disagreement between the reaction on here and over there, I tend to agree with those guys more. And this is no exception. We're more prone to bias after all considering its our team and our player.

I don't think it's so much in dispute that it was a "dive" moreso that had a Man U player done that it 100% would have been a "mis-timed challenge from the keeper resulting in a penalty as there was clear contact".  That is the real issue here for me.

• Like 4

Just now, danceoftheshamen said:

I don't think it's so much in dispute that it was a "dive" moreso that had a Man U player done that it 100% would have been a "mis-timed challenge from the keeper resulting in a penalty as there was clear contact".  That is the real issue here for me.

Ah, consistency? We can only speculate about that. I also don't really buy into that narrative that much. Feels like a convenient bogeyman whenever referee results don't go our way. 

For me it's abundantly obvious @Laughable Chimp. So much evidence of it it's ridiculous so way beyond mere speculation.  I respect your viewpoint of course and accept we maybe see it differently although if you trace Man U games against whoever over a long period it's it very clear. For me if it got highlighted more it would eventually lead to a bit less of a blatant bias in the key decisions which we and many other clubs suffer season in season out against them and a few of the other scummy 6. 

I don't mind us losing fair & square but i despise losing against those teams when there is dodgyness afoot.

Edited by danceoftheshamen

Kane gets away with it all the time. See this one against Wolves earlier in the season

https://wittyfutty.com/2020/12/video-harry-kane-tries-to-get-a-penalty-with-a-dive-vs-wolves/?amp&__twitter_impression=true

And someone even created a twitter feed for all of Salah's

Salah has no yellows this season, Kane has 1 but for a sliding tackle

It's absolutely double standards

• Like 1

Yep. I don't mind if that's a dive if it's called a dive everywhere, because I think he saw the contact coming and made sure he went down, but that was apparently the first yellow for a dive in the PL this season?

There is absolutely no way in 1,000,000 years Kane or Salah or Fernandes get a yellow for diving there. It's pure corruption. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Go on YouTube, search for the highlights of man utd vs Southampton, watch the foul for the penalty that utd win and the Southampton defender got sent off

Now say that Ollie dived and deserved a red

Its utter bollocks, man utd get awarded a penalty for that incident, its there for everyone to see, its not theoretical or villa bias it happened 

back on my laptop so can link it - 

WAHNSINN - Red Devils stellen Rekord ein! | Man United-Southampton 9:0 | Highlights - Premier League - YouTube

watch from 2.18 and tell me its not bollocks, martial's is even **** worse but of course man utd get their penalty

Does the keeper make contact with him? No. Does he have to move out the way of the keepers leg in order to avoid injury? Yes.

Clearly a bullshit decision but at least he is only out for one game rather than the several he would have missed if he had allowed the keeper's flailing foot to make contact.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, picicata said:

Does the keeper make contact with him? No. Does he have to move out the way of the keepers leg in order to avoid injury? Yes.

Clearly a bullshit decision but at least he is only out for one game rather than the several he would have missed if he had allowed the keeper's flailing foot to make contact.

But the keeper did make contact with him... 

The argument against Ollie is that his feet left the ground before the contact, which like you say his him preparing for the incoming contact / getting out of the way of it 

The suggestion that what he should of done is just ran in a straight line, anticipated nothing and just smashed in to Henderson injuring both players is nonsensical 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But the keeper did make contact with him... 

The argument against Ollie is that his feet left the ground before the contact, which like you say his him preparing for the incoming contact / getting out of the way of it 

The suggestion that what he should of done is just ran in a straight line, anticipated nothing and just smashed in to Henderson injuring both players is nonsensical 

Agreed. It's tantamount to the instruction for Mings to "just hoof it" when somebody from a clearly offside position tries to challenge him, a la Man City.

• Like 2

Â