Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Ollie gets very little protection from refs. Now he's being typecast as a diver. Palace were able to kick lumps and climb over him. I cannot think how frustrating that must be to not play your natural game. It's not just a Grealish issue in the side - though of course, he still gets very little protection. I watch Ward foul Jack three times in minutes of him coming on. The ref had multiple chances to stop it by issuing cards and did nothing.

To be fair Joel Ward did get a yellow for his third foul on Grealish.

I'm not disagreeing with you, teams know they can 'rough' us up a bit and I think we are a bit of a soft touch. Especially in the middle, teams can play through us easily and it's why yesterday Palace had more shots against us than any other team this season.

Yesterday second-half we were really poor and Villa only have themselves to blame.

Can't believe I'm actually going to watch Ollie play for us on Sunday. 

I wonder what shit song we'll sing for him? 

One Ollie Watkins 

Or Oh Ollie Ollie

With Harry Kane reportedly leaving Spurs, would it be a surprise if they targeted Ollie to replace him?

Personally I think they will target a bigger name with European experience, but I would imagine Watkins will be somewhere down the list. 

On 17/05/2021 at 17:23, MadridVilla said:

With Harry Kane reportedly leaving Spurs, would it be a surprise if they targeted Ollie to replace him?

Personally I think they will target a bigger name with European experience, but I would imagine Watkins will be somewhere down the list. 

Wouldn't be surprised if they were interested, but don't think they would want to spend the amount it would take for us to sell. Assuming it would be about 65m or more to get us to sell

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Saw a stat flash up mid game he's now villas highest scoring Englishman in a single PL season with 14

The BBC said he equalled Joachim's tally - so it's joint top. 

Should've had a hat-trick today but 14 league goals in his first season would be a good return for a Darren Bent-type goal poacher, let alone someone who contributes massively to the team even when he isn't scoring.

• Like 3

Paid £33million (with add-ons).... already worth £50 million.  

Spurs would love him as a replacement for Kane.  But I doubt we would sell unless they come in with silly money - £80 million.

But for referees this season, he’d be looking at trying to reach 20 on Sunday.

Incredible step up from him to the Premier League and I wouldn’t trade him for Abraham in a million years.

• Like 3

Â