Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

9 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought it would take a long time until we seen a striker at our club who could be better than Yorke was. Watkins gonna leave him in his rear view the way he's going. 

As it stands I would still have prime Benteke ahead of Watkins in the rankings, even if it's by a fine margin. 

Benteke played in a much poorer side and won us games on his own consistently. 

But they are very different players and Watkins' all round game is exactly what our side needs so I probably wouldn't even swap them.

Im looking forward to seeing Watkins in the coming seasons, I'm confident we'll see an improvement and he could easily surpass Benteke in my rankings! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

As it stands I would still have prime Benteke ahead of Watkins in the rankings, even if it's by a fine margin. 

But they are very different players and Watkins' all round game is exactly what our side needs so I probably wouldn't even swap them.

Im looking forward to seeing Watkins in the coming seasons, I'm confident we'll see an improvement and he could easily surpass Benteke in my rankings! 

It's Watkins attitude that will see him go to the top. It just looks like nothing would soften him mentally. As good as Yorke was, i vividly remember him blatantly downing tools on the first day of the season against Everton to try and push his United move through.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Could anyone see Spurs attempting a desperate move for him if they lose Kane?

Early days, but you wonder if he'll get a new contract, as a " proven Premier League " striker now?

£75m to get us to answer the phone.

If they manage to sell Kane for £120m, £100m to answer it.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WooJung said:

Yeah, I really like Ollie too but he's nowhere near as creative as Benteke was in his first season for us. He could magic a goal out of nothing and I'd love to see him playing alongside the Grealish we have today (I think they did play a few games together when Grealish was first emerging).

But that Benteke only existed for about 18 months, whereas Ollie seems to have the attributes and attitude to be a far more consistent performer.

In terms of pure skill and talent Benteke was better, but when you factor in Watkins' superior mentality and his better injury record, I think it's probably very likely that he'll go on to be an ever better player for us than Benteke was overall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Early days, but you wonder if he'll get a new contract, as a " proven Premier League " striker now?

In his words, he already turned them down this summer. Can't see his stance changing after the seasons we both had.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why would he go there? We just beat the shit out of them ;)

2 hours ago, AV82 said:

Yep - here it is!

Level with Julian Joachim? That's sure some stellar company to keep 😁

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

In his words, he already turned them down this summer. Can't see his stance changing after the seasons we both had.

14 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

5 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Why would he go there? We just beat the shit out of them ;)

Wasn't at all suggesting that we would accept, or that he would want to go there.

Can just see them being desperate if Kane goes.

They will also have n8ghtmares of wasting the Bale money and probably want "League proven ".

Then again, this all depends on who will be managing them.

There are other strikers who have had good seasons. 

Hopefully Spurs and others finally get the message that this is no longer Aston Villa of old.  When our owners have a little chuckle about the thought of selling one of our contracted top performing players and refuse to even listen to their offers, they'll go look elsewhere and duff up some not so loaded / ambitious owners for their star assets. 

The press and I think even our own fans haven't got this yet.  We're all so used to Villa bending over and self lubing when a 'big' club wants one of our players. 

We are no longer that club and prising away a player we don't want rid of is going to be very difficult and eye-wateringly expensive. A lot of press are going to be terribly upset by the cheek we show. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

If Kane leaves Spurs, as well as Watkins has done, I suspect they will want a bigger and more proven name to replace a player who is one of the best players in the world in his position.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

If Kane leaves Spurs, as well as Watkins has done, I suspect they will want a bigger and more proven name to replace a player who is one of the best players in the world in his position.

Hopefully they will buy a dog that can't hit a barn door from 5 feet away 

Â