Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Mr Percy, why put that last dozen words in to kill a positive article when it is unlikely as you say…it puts doubt in our heads.  If it’s highly unlikely then don’t write about it (I know it’s your job), we don’t even want to think about Ollie leaving.

I get the Holding Midfielder, but do we need another " Box to Box " 🤔

I've just ignored the part about Ollie.

• Like 2

At least UEFA cop-out means Gareth Southgate can take the player of the year to Euro 2024

Aston Villa star Ollie Watkins' brilliance should get him a spot in England's expanded squad of 26 players for Euro 2024 and earn him end-of-season individual awards

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/gareth-southgate-england-ollie-watkins-32670188.amp

I'm just watching the Everton v Brentford match. Can anyone on here or for that matter any Brentford fans forum tell me how Watkins and Toney can be mentioned in the same sentence

Watkins is so much better than Toney in every aspect of the game apart possibly penalty taking. Talk of Toney going to Germany over Ollie is just lain stupid

• Like 1

Should have scored that chance at the end. I hope getting goal number 20 isn't weighing on him. It may have bobbled as he went to hit it, but that was a great chance to win it.

• Like 4

I don't think he was as poor... or as blameless as some people might suggest. He should've done much, much better in certain moments but the same can be said for the whole 11 bar Rogers and one or two others. I can't quite put my finger on what went wrong today but he ran his bollocks off and deserves praise for that.

7 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Let to no service but had two good chances he normally does better with. Needs a header or instinctive goal to break the 20 barriet

Not sure it was much about service. 

Against Bournemouth he was excellent at taking in the long ball. Against Chelsea it bounced of him like a wall and we couldn't build anything. 

It shows how important he is when we're not passing through the lines well. 

When he's not on it, we can't get out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The system and the passing let Ollie down last night - not the other way around.

We definitely didn't make it easy for him...but there was a marked difference between his hold up play against Chelsea when compared to Bournemouth and the recent run of games.

• Like 1

Â