Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

£75m to get us to answer the phone.

If they manage to sell Kane for £120m, £100m to answer it.

I wouldn't sell him for it.

Simply put we could go out and spend all that money and end up with complete dribble and it not work out.

You don't sell on your players who are making there time at your club work.

He's never going to leave us for a good many reasons so stop with thalis bloody nonsense. What is it with some of you and starting all these rumours or talks off that our players are going to leave us or some club can come in and just throw there weight and money. Even when there's proof thrown away a week later some of you guys are back doing it again. 

It doesn't matter who comes in for anyone of how players, we will keep them if the club want that and we are no longer a selling club and we no longer get bullied by so called bigger clubs. 

Heck if I was a player at Villa looking in here I'd think wtf are my so called fans thinking, always starting off speculations of me leaving, if that's what they think I may as well go do it, show some loyalty.

When it comes down to it our Owners, Purslow, Lange, Smith will just tell them to do one if they believe a player has his uses, how worth here and he is paying it all back with interest.

Stop doing it for Christ sake, at least there's no point discussing it till something credible comes up and there's proof.

Watkins, Grealish, Konsa, Mings and many other stars are not going anywhere, now our fringe stars is another matter.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Haha 1

It may have already been mentioned, but if Kane is worth the 150m being touted around, how much is Watkins worth? 

Kane is the better player because his link up play, positioning and finishing are better but Watkins has so many qualities that Kane doesn’t possess. Pace, athleticism etc.

Right now, surely he is second choice behind Kane as the England no.9?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

It may have already been mentioned, but if Kane is worth the 150m being touted around, how much is Watkins worth? 

Kane is the better player because his link up play, positioning and finishing are better but Watkins has so many qualities that Kane doesn’t possess. Pace, athleticism etc.

You have calvin lewin who i think would be ahead of watkins

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Can see him breaking records with us.

Joachim is real memory lane.

I still remember that goal he scored from the byline. I still don't understand how it went in.

8 hours ago, useless said:

If Kane leaves Spurs, as well as Watkins has done, I suspect they will want a bigger and more proven name to replace a player who is one of the best players in the world in his position.

They can want that all they like. Who is going to go there without even Europa football? 

Also, with their financial situation and no Europe they are probably going to have to pocket a fair proportion of the Kane money so probably won't have the money for a top striker even if they could persuade one to got there. 

I reckon they buy Tammy Abraham for £40-£50m and pocket the change. 

Edited by sidcow

Good to see Ollie back  to scoring with his left foot (after controlling the ball with his head)

A real strength is the range of goals with either foot or with his head - last season at Brentford his goals were 11 right foot, 8 headers, 7 left foot. And of course the 'perfect' hat trick v Liverpool.

This season in the Premiership its 7 right foot, 4 left foot, 3 headers (so far!).

Very difficult conundrum in Forwards space this summer. I can see the argument that Watkins is superb in the position he's playing and role he does in the team. I think Jack is such an outstanding player he needs to play in 10 for us and it helps the rest of the midfield so much when you have an outlet like him to give a simple pass too, especially when winning back possession. 

So this puts us in the situation, we need 2 wide forwards and even then we are at huge risk if Watkins gets injured relying solely on Wesley. So I can see the argument in getting Tammy in, shifting Watkins to the left forward position and play the same way he does and like Mane of last season. Jack will drift left naturally more than right which means Watkins moving into the box would be more regular than our Right Sided forward moving in. so it kind of shifts to a 4 4 2 during open play movement. McGinn gets more forward and we have our defensive midfielder sitting. 

Pep is all about players performing roles in the team and not focussed so much on starting positions. Our couches can make Watkins, Tammy, Jack and say Pereira work in an attacking sense, 3 of those can play multiple positions so can move during the games play. 

I'm convinced the failure to sign Rashica led to Jack staying wide and Barkley being brought in on Loan this season. So I see Jack at 10 being core for us next season which opens left forward up for Watkins.

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I would say he must be worth atleast £60m-£70m, possibly a bit more?

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You have calvin lewin who i think would be ahead of watkins

me too

would expect us to take 3 striker and i think watkins is a better option than tammy and bamford though due to his pressing which makes him a slightly different option, he can also stretch the line better than any of them

southgate being southgate though...

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

me too

would expect us to take 3 striker and i think watkins is a better option than tammy and bamford though due to his pressing which makes him a slightly different option, he can also stretch the line better than any of them

Yeah I agree 

Kane CL and watkins should be the front three.

Tammy isnt playing so that rules him out

Vardys retired from england

Bamford can just go sit on a cactus

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bamford can just go sit on a cactus

Dive on a Cactus is probably more appropriate (couldn't find a gif of someone diving on a Cactus, which is pretty disappointing).

diving fail GIF by Cheezburger

Edited by The Other Mat
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Tammy isnt playing so that rules him out

Hopefully if Villa sign him in the summer, this will be the player we sign from Chelsea that Deano can actually 'Get into the England Squad', which was stated to Barkley when he joined us.

No reason why Tammy cannot get on the plane to the world cup if this all materialised.

Back OT, I would love to see Ollie named in the Euro 2020 squad.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

me too

I would say Watkins is more of a Southgate player than Calvin. Watkins would be a real asset in international  football with his work rate and the way he hassles the defenders into mistakes and rushing passes out of defence.

Watkins is probably  my vote for our player of the season, taking Jack's injury into account 

• Like 2

Â