Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m struggling to understand you.  He didn’t need to be clever, as the picture shows the ball had gone past the GK by Ollie and the GK hit Ollie.  He doesn’t need to be clever if the action actually happened.  If I was punched in the face and had a black eye from it, I don’t have to put extra make up on to make it look like I have a black eye, the real event happened.

E96ED699-6E3B-4CC8-8BC1-3357D9F30092.jpeg

Even if the ref thought it was a dive, even the pictures and seeing the incident live the ref can’t be 100% convinced enough that could warrant that he be then sent off for a second yellow.  It’s such a bad/poor decision by the ref by any stretch of the imagination.

I keep on seeing that image posted in various places but he had already decided to go to ground before that contact was made. Ollies reaction also told me he was looking for the pen. I think if that was an opposition player we would all be calling dive as well.

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can you appeal yellow cards? I’m struggling to find any info.  I knew once you could only appeal if the yellow card was given to the wrong player but not sure what it is now.

Nope

Just now, birdman said:

I keep on seeing that image posted in various places but he had already decided to go to ground before that contact was made. Ollies reaction also told me he was looking for the pen. I think if that was an opposition player we would all be calling dive as well.

Even in that picture he was vertical...how can you judge he was already decided to go to ground.  In that picture he was fully vertical when contact was made.  At the 100 miles an hour speed of live match, the ref not in the best place he concluded that was a dive.  We saw slow motions and a still picture and it’s still not 100% plus he’s vertical when GK hit him.  Plus Ollies reaction was based on him getting the ball before the GKand then the GK catching him as you can see from the picture.  His reaction was because it’s a penalty.

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Smith has said he was trying to avoid getting injured. watkins is not a diver so I give him the benefit of the doubt. 

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Smith has said he was trying to avoid getting injured. watkins is not a diver so I give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I know hes not a diver but he was trying to be cute I think and it didn't work out. Could he have stayed in his feet though... 

TAA ruined Trezeguet's season with that callous tackling, players need more protection, especially when goalkeepers come charging out. He wasn't diving, he's not Harry Kane. Madness to give him a yellow, so many players dive and simulate and get away it. Ref couldn't wait to get the cards out for us today.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Go on YouTube, search for the highlights of man utd vs Southampton, watch the foul for the penalty that utd win and the Southampton defender got sent off

Now say that Ollie dived and deserved a red

Its utter bollocks, man utd get awarded a penalty for that incident, its there for everyone to see, its not theoretical or villa bias it happened 

yes its utter bollocks

Watkins record this season - two bookings in 35 games before today, then two in one game. This referee is completely at odds with other referees assessment - he is not a diver and the referee was in no position to make the call he did.

Number of bookings this season

Harry Maguire 16

Ollie Watkins 4.

So who is suspended as a result? Absolutely bizarre.- 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Go on YouTube, search for the highlights of man utd vs Southampton, watch the foul for the penalty that utd win and the Southampton defender got sent off

Now say that Ollie dived and deserved a red

Its utter bollocks, man utd get awarded a penalty for that incident, its there for everyone to see, its not theoretical or villa bias it happened 

This all day. The point about what ollie did/didn't or should/shouldnt have done is irrelevant.

That exact same scenario occurs with a united player then its a pen and a red for martinez. 

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone watching Motd. They reckon the refs are now setting a president of booking for dives, first one being Watkins?? Who they trying to kid. Absolute joke!!!

They didnt even mention the greenwood handball

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I think he was anticipating contact that didn't come.  It's never a penalty, but the yellow seems pretty harsh.

Stays on his feet he smashes into the keeper - 99% of players  would get aerial like Ollie did... quite how the ref gets simulation from that I never know.

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyone watching Motd. They reckon the refs are now setting a president of booking for dives, first one being Watkins?? Who they trying to kid. Absolute joke!!!

Jermaine Jeans. Watch closely the next time it’s Harry Kane being ‘cute’.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Don't think it was a pen, but don't see how the ref can call that a dive either, and really don't think he deserves to be made an example of by jermaine **** jenas on motd. Gutted for him watching that tonight after his efforts and bad luck this year 

Wonder if Jermain Jena's would be say he was delighted if Rashford or Mo Salah get sent off for similar.

Â