Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

I swear this month i saw a football game with flying tackle with no contact. Ball controlling player stoped and gave up possesion before potentialy injuring tackle and got the ball back by refere. Im actualy angry.

Edited by Tumblerseven

He didn't even claim for a penalty or pretend he was injured either.  I'm not sure what he was supposed to be 'simulating'.  Only thing I'd criticise Ollie for is the first booking.  He didn't really need to dive in.

1 minute ago, turvontour said:

Why wasnt it reviewed?

because it was a second yellow not a straight red.  Yellow cards arent reviewable currently as far as I am aware.

Just now, turvontour said:

Why wasnt it reviewed?

Assume because it was a yellow card, they can’t overturn it. Not really got a problem with them saying it’s not enough to give a penalty. The ref calling it a dive is just absolutely outrageous though, it’s saying a player is not allowed to attempt avoiding injury. A dangerous precedent.

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

Official var explanation was that Ollie wasn't playing for Manure.

and the fourth official was wearing a Man U shirt in back at Head Office

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

It was a pen!!!

Completely agree but they arent going to give us a pen against Man U, be serious 😉  my answer was re yellow cards being reviewable

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think the ref takes into account 3000 minutes of football when making a split second decision.

This is arguably exactly what a ref should be doing. Using experience of prior events to inform decisions so his thinking 'in the moment' isn't being overloaded. 

If anything, 3000 mins isn't enough.

33 minutes ago, nick76 said:

because it was a second yellow not a straight red.  Yellow cards arent reviewable currently as far as I am aware.

Should it have been reviewed for a possible pen, if not the yellow? Did that happen?

1 minute ago, May-Z said:

Should it have been reviewed for a possible pen, if not the yellow? Did that happen?

They don’t review yellows as far as I’m aware unless it was mistaken identity, and I don’t really have a problem with them saying there’s not enough evidence to give a pen if they did review it. This ones on Chris Kavanagh, not VAR.

Ridiculous decision which according to commentary was reviewed by VAR and not a penalty. Of course it wont be given as a penalty because the ref has just given a 2nd yellow. That would mean VAR over ruling a yellow which they are not allowed to do.

However I thought if it was a clear and obvious error it COULD be reviewed? But as I say, they were never going to give it once the ref gave the yellow.

Let's see just how good we are without ollie for a game. Will it show we clearly need another forward or will it give davis a chance to stake his claim ?

• Like 1

Â