Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

did people really think it was a pen, come on. Ollie anticipate the contact, it didnt really come and he was on his way down. While i didnt think it was a dive, i definitely didnt think it was a pen.

Ollie beat him to the ball, GK touched him as per the photo last page....that’s soft but by the rules it’s a penalty.

• Like 1

Looked to me like Watkins was going down before any contact was made. He was looking for it 100% so hard to back him there.

However, Kane, Salah, Pogba and Mane would all have got a pen. 

Never a sending off,he never even appealed and VAR would have shown that .

To have a ref whos from Manchester officiate  this game is scandalous no.matter which side of the city he and or his families or friends  support. The amount of diving and appeals that went on in this game alone would have meant the game finishing with about 16 men on the pitch. How many did man u appeal for today?

Edited by tinker
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Ridiculous decision which according to commentary was reviewed by VAR and not a penalty. Of course it wont be given as a penalty because the ref has just given a 2nd yellow. That would mean VAR over ruling a yellow which they are not allowed to do.

However I thought if it was a clear and obvious error it COULD be reviewed? But as I say, they were never going to give it once the ref gave the yellow.

Let's see just how good we are without ollie for a game. Will it show we clearly need another forward or will it give davis a chance to stake his claim ?

If VAR had decided it was a penalty then I'm pretty sure it would have been given and the yellow card taken away from Watkins.  It's only after the game where you can't get a yellow card overturned.  I swear they hardly bothered looking at it though as I'm sure there would have been replays that showed the contact quite clearly, but it's just not worth it for a mid-table club against that lot.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If VAR had decided it was a penalty then I'm pretty sure it would have been given and the yellow card taken away from Watkins.  It's only after the game where you can't get a yellow card overturned.  I swear they hardly bothered looking at it though as I'm sure there would have been replays that showed the contact quite clearly, but it's just not worth it for a mid-table club against that lot.

I honestly ( and I think there's been some over reactions about the ref) don't think VAR would get involved once the yellow is given as it would have meant the ref made 2 major errors. They wouldn't want to undermine him against man ure.

I actually haven't got too many complaints with the sending off. To me Ollie had jumped before contact to regardless of his intentions it looked like a dive. What really annoys me is the ref not giving a couple of yellows to Manure in the first half. He also completely ignored El Ghazi getting clattered into which looked as foul. Ref seemed to be letting Man U get away with more than us. 

Nice that he'll get a games rest. Not at all surprising that the United bias remains strong with every official from referees to VAR, despite their recent attempt to stick two fingers up to the rest of the league. Outrageous sending off, neither incident worthy of a yellow card, ref just desperate to send him off. 

8 minutes ago, birdman said:

I actually haven't got too many complaints with the sending off. To me Ollie had jumped before contact to regardless of his intentions it looked like a dive.

If Ollie beat the GK to the ball and the GK then touched Ollie, it’s a penalty.  Doesn’t matter what it looks like, he beat the GK to the ball...that’s the rules.

Lets even contemplate you are right, which I don’t think you are.  

How many times this season have we seen players do that?

How many times have they been yellow carded?

Then how many for a second yellow card?  

Plus it was in the 89th minute and not going to change the result of the game.  

The ref got it wrong on many steps...he thought it wasn’t a penalty, which is arguably wrong.  He thought it was a dive...we have proof he received contact from the GK. He then gave a yellow which he knew was second yellow.  On top of that there was only a few minutes left in an already won game and the player hadn’t been persistent fouler on the verge of a second yellow and also isn’t known for diving normally and the ref wasn’t in a good view of the incident.  It’s an extraordinary decision, an extreme decision to take however you look at it.

It’s not a penalty, don’t be silly. A card for diving is harsh though.

That said, I can totally see it being given as a soft penalty if it happens down the other end (and we’d all be rightly saying it was a bullshit penalty if that happened to us).

Yet more clear evidence of the corruption in the FA. A disgrace to have the gall to even put a Manchester based ref, who "so he says" has no allegance, in charge. I mean even if he doesn't support (which i doubt) any club he is there living in amongst & surrounded by them. You can't tell me this doesn't put him in a heightened pressure environment.

As was so so obvious pre-game all the big decisions went in their favour AGAIN!

Disgusting.

As for Douglas Luiz yet again not being able to resist going into a stupid challenge.  It is so obvious Pogba deliberately fannied about with the ball knowing Luiz was by him & just waited for the inevitable contact before going down like a sack of spuds.. As he did at Old Trafford. I can't believe the same player fell for the same bait but even worse this time. 

Another loss against that lot massively assisted by the officials & the shocking commentary provided on TV never once mentions it. As for having those two buffoons in the studio for the game analysis? I mean why, just why? Deeney & Lescott! They depressed me just listening to the way they avoided giving any credit to Villa at HT (Unless it was begrudgingly dragged out of them by the other host).

All in all a typical game against the kings of the Scummy six.

Edited by danceoftheshamen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

If Ollie beat the GK to the ball and the GK then touched Ollie, it’s a penalty.  Doesn’t matter what it looks like, he beat the GK to the ball...that’s the rules.

The ref got it wrong on many steps...he thought it wasn’t a penalty, which is arguably wrong.  He thought it was a dive...we have proof he received contact from the GK. He then gave a yellow which he knew was second yellow.  On top of that there was only a few minutes left in an already won game and the player hadn’t been persistent fouler on the verge of a second yellow and also isn’t known for diving normally and the ref wasn’t in a good view of the incident.  It’s an extraordinary decision, an extreme decision to take however you look at it.

Ollie could have won that penalty if he was "clever" like Harry Kane and left his leg in rather than jumping first. I don't disagree the ref was cack but Ollie gave a biased ref an easy albeit shite decision. 

22 minutes ago, birdman said:

Ollie could have won that penalty if he was "clever" like Harry Kane and left his leg in rather than jumping first. I don't disagree the ref was cack but Ollie gave a biased ref an easy albeit shite decision. 

I’m struggling to understand you.  He didn’t need to be clever, as the picture shows the ball had gone past the GK by Ollie and the GK hit Ollie.  He doesn’t need to be clever if the action actually happened.  If I was punched in the face and had a black eye from it, I don’t have to put extra make up on to make it look like I have a black eye, the real event happened.

E96ED699-6E3B-4CC8-8BC1-3357D9F30092.jpeg

Even if the ref thought it was a dive, even the pictures and seeing the incident live the ref can’t be 100% convinced enough that could warrant that he be then sent off for a second yellow.  It’s such a bad/poor decision by the ref by any stretch of the imagination.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m struggling to understand you.  He didn’t need to be clever, as the picture shows the ball had gone past the GK by Ollie and the GK hit Ollie.  He doesn’t need to be clever if the action actually happened.  If I was punched in the face and had a black eye from it, I don’t have to put extra make up on to make it look like I have a black eye, the real event happened.

E96ED699-6E3B-4CC8-8BC1-3357D9F30092.jpeg

Looks like contact was made as he was diving so dont know what the ruling on that is. 

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

If it was this easy, I would expect the club to appeal it. It was a bit of a dive, although ref's usually just say get up and play on, but this ref being a Man U fan sent him off. It's disgusting, players do this in every game and generally get a penalty. Also being that it was the 89th minute, to send a player off for that is close to corrupt.

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Looks like contact was made as he was diving so dont know what the ruling on that is. 

But just as the ref can’t see when the “dive” occurred he can’t see the contact by the GK.  You can’t send a player off for that (second yellow).  Even in that picture when the contact occurred Ollie was still fully vertical.

Just now, nick76 said:

But just as the ref can’t see when the “dive” occurred he can’t see the contact by the GK.  You can’t send a player off for that (second yellow).  Even in that picture when the contact occurred Ollie was still fully vertical.

Yes if hes trying to avoid being clobered and the goalkeeper catches him as he clearly does then it should be a penalty not a yellow card 

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If it was this easy, I would expect the club to appeal it. It was a bit of a dive, although ref's usually just say get up and play on, but this ref being a Man U fan sent him off. It's disgusting, players do this in every game and generally get a penalty. Also being that it was the 89th minute, to send a player off for that is close to corrupt.

Can you appeal yellow cards? I’m struggling to find any info.  I knew once you could only appeal if the yellow card was given to the wrong player but not sure what it is now.

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes if hes trying to avoid being clobered and the goalkeeper catches him as he clearly does then it should be a penalty not a yellow card 

I think of all the things that the ref could’ve seen, thought about and concluded, that a second yellow card is way out of the ball park.  I know I’m biased but just looking at it over and over it’s bizarre.  They get a soft but ok penalty, we get none of two possible penalties and a sending off...that’s where people feel the unjustness in the game. 

• Like 2

Â