Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 hours ago, NeilS said:

That Daniel James penalty award against Norwich after VAR is as disgraceful a decision as I have ever seen! He literally leans into the defender shoulder to shoulder and wins a penalty. The fact that VAR awarded it is even worse!

The Villa one was worse with Henandez, turning and treading all over Konsa. If anything it was a foul on Konsa, there was no room for Henandez skillz.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The Villa one was worse with Henandez, turning and treading all over Konsa. If anything it was a foul on Konsa, there was no room for Henandez skillz.

Oh yeah, but I have moaned about that one plenty already. 

I was just shocked that the guy on VAR thought that either of those justified a penalty. 

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Oh yeah, but I have moaned about that one plenty already. 

I was just shocked that the guy on VAR thought that either of those justified a penalty. 

Well more proof that either the league is corrupt, or the refs are useless, you choose.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

100% agree his comments and left me feeling like i never want to watch MOTD again. Its about time this bias towards the top clubs stopped. 

I agree entirely. In fact there is a justifiable element of blame to be apportioned to the BBC for the recent ESL farce. Their constant carte blanche support of the so called “Big Six”, breeds the complete arrogance that was the catalyst to all this. Sadly we’re paying for this. National Broadcaster, you’re having a laugh. 

59 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think people overlook this when talking about “diving” I don’t like how the game has changed in this regard, but it has. 

This is how i see it.

That is a penalty all day long. Harry Kane would get it,Pogba would get it,Salah would get it,Aguero would get it...

I've had this conversation with other fans all season.

Diving is a skill like any other as much as supporters dislike it.

If Pogba goes down its a penalty and Martinez would be lucky to stay on. Souness and his mini anti Villa squad would be saying "i don't like it but thats how the game is these days"

Double standards of the highest order!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

The fainting/collapsing from soft touch by Pogba should be shown on repeat to our players on how to get a soft penalty 😜

I didn't think it was a soft touch - I thought it was proper contact.  But, after looking at it several times, I don't think Pogba had the ball under his control and DL was entitled to go for it BUT seeing this Pogba has put his leg across the front of the ball to ensure that Luiz catches him.  I don't see the difference to a striker, in, say, Ollie's position (for the non-award) sticking his leg out towards the keeper to get/exaggerate contact, and those never get given.

4 hours ago, TRO said:

This is getting a bit rich now......

So Jermaine Jenas gets all holier than thou and declares ,its about time "this" is stamped out.....whatever "this" is...his judgment of simulation I presume, with no clear evidence to support his view.

We have been on the rough end of these decisions on numerous occasions ,now suddenly, folk like Jenas has had enough......Oh so ****ing noble to choose our game....what a convenient moment for him.

Shame his free ride of wages he had from us, couldn't give us the benefit of the doubt....another mugging from the mercenaries.

We have already been subjected to an injustice in Manchester to another incompetency that resulted in a law change .....are we the effing guinea pigs of the premier league.

Its an absolute joke.....Jenas would have served his judgement better if he had said, in view of how many times, i have seen that given, Villa should be aggrieved, not just roll the rule book out as a figment of his fury of seeing too much of it.

Villa are the whipping boys for this lot.....and the media, positioning themselves in the best light with the super 6....With all their posturing over the super league, and the critical nature it mustered, their hypocrisy is 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I think people overlook this when talking about “diving” I don’t like how the game has changed in this regard, but it has. 

I agree, he was looking for it but in today’s game it’s pen. I look at few of yesterday’s decisions and wonder if how the same incidents would have been awarded if they happened for the other team. 

Yep. He was on the way down before any contact was made. But crucially there WAS contact. For me it's a penalty. It certainly isn't a second yellow.

11 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I didn't think it was a soft touch - I thought it was proper contact.  But, after looking at it several times, I don't think Pogba had the ball under his control and DL was entitled to go for it BUT seeing this Pogba has put his leg across the front of the ball to ensure that Luiz catches him.  I don't see the difference to a striker, in, say, Ollie's position (for the non-award) sticking his leg out towards the keeper to get/exaggerate contact, and those never get given.

The penalty they got yesterday was stonewall. He's basically put his knee through him. Ball under control or not that's a penalty every day of the week

Just now, DaveAV1 said:
4 hours ago, TRO said:

This is getting a bit rich now......

So Jermaine Jenas gets all holier than thou and declares ,its about time "this" is stamped out.....whatever "this" is...his judgment of simulation I presume, with no clear evidence to support his view.

We have been on the rough end of these decisions on numerous occasions ,now suddenly, folk like Jenas has had enough......Oh so ****ing noble to choose our game....what a convenient moment for him.

Shame his free ride of wages he had from us, couldn't give us the benefit of the doubt....another mugging from the mercenaries.

We have already been subjected to an injustice in Manchester to another incompetency that resulted in a law change .....are we the effing guinea pigs of the premier league.

Its an absolute joke.....Jenas would have served his judgement better if he had said, in view of how many times, i have seen that given, Villa should be aggrieved, not just roll the rule book out as a figment of his fury of seeing too much of it.

Villa are the whipping boys for this lot.....and the media, positioning themselves in the best light with the super 6....With all their posturing over the super league, and the critical nature it mustered, their hypocrisy is 

Expand  

Sorry posting cock up. What I meant to say is, the thing that annoys me the most when we play Man U, is that it is never a level playing field. Ok they’re a better team than us but that never seems to be enough. They always get favourable decisions and the media coverage is always so ridiculously biased. All the more sickening because most of it comes from the national broadcaster who we are paying for. BBC national joke but nobody is laughing. 

• Like 1

It's been so obvious for years, an my thoughts have always been that Man U bring so much money into the Premier League and football itself, I would think something would be said behind closed doors, if they didn't get the rub of the green now and again. They are a very very powerful football club.

1 hour ago, MarkLillis said:

This is how i see it.

That is a penalty all day long. Harry Kane would get it,Pogba would get it,Salah would get it,Aguero would get it...

I've had this conversation with other fans all season.

Diving is a skill like any other as much as supporters dislike it.

If Pogba goes down its a penalty and Martinez would be lucky to stay on. Souness and his mini anti Villa squad would be saying "i don't like it but thats how the game is these days"

Double standards of the highest order!

I really dont like the platform and support that liverpool and man u get on sky through the likes of keane, neville, Carragher, souness etc. 

I rewatched the 7-2 game the other day, and what should have been a celebration of a great result is tainted slightly in commentary by Carragher purely talking about it from a liverpool weakness angle. I find it weird him and neville commentating on their teams games altogether. Also having to listen to Souness at half time in the 7-2 also ranting about the length of the grass. 

Its kind of links to the whole protection of the top like you say. If Rashford had done the same as Watkins in the last minute, with the scores level, does he get booked? We'll never know I suppose. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I really dont like the platform and support that liverpool and man u get on sky through the likes of keane, neville, Carragher, souness etc. 

I rewatched the 7-2 game the other day, and what should have been a celebration of a great result is tainted slightly in commentary by Carragher purely talking about it from a liverpool weakness angle. I find it weird him and neville commentating on their teams games altogether. Also having to listen to Souness at half time in the 7-2 also ranting about the length of the grass. 

Its kind of links to the whole protection of the top like you say. If Rashford had done the same as Watkins in the last minute, with the scores level, does he get booked? We'll never know I suppose. 

He gets the penalty all day long. If he got booked you would never hear the last of it.

Absolutely typical that it's a Villa player the FA decide to take a stand against. Clowns.

Clear contact, which he was maximizing the life out of, but no way is that a yellow.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Souness taking about the grass should have had him sacked. I wonder if Sky would take complaints about him seriously, not only does he make the studio segments miserable, mansplain to and talk over the female presenter and blame diving on Latin’s, but he’s also incapable of objectivity.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He dived. But made contact. Shouldn't have been booked/sent off and should have been a penalty to us.

I think it just looked like a dive because the contact he was anticipating didn't actually come. He was 100% right to try to anticipate the contact, lest he and/or Henderson got injured. I mean we know for a fact that Ollie isn't the type of player who dives. He would have done so against West Ham when Ogbonna was pulling him back or indeed last week when Holgate yanked him to the ground. Both would have been justified too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I think it just looked like a dive because the contact he was anticipating didn't actually come. He was 100% right to try to anticipate the contact, lest he and/or Henderson got injured. I mean we know for a fact that Ollie isn't the type of player who dives. He would have done so against West Ham when Ogbonna was pulling him back or indeed last week when Holgate yanked him to the ground. Both would have been justified too.

It's all just semantics as to what a dive actually is.

He was going down without contact. It's part of the game whether people like to admit it or not.

The annoying thing in this case is that he did actually get the contact and still got done for diving

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's all just semantics as to what a dive actually is.

He was going down without contact. It's part of the game whether people like to admit it or not.

The annoying thing in this case is that he did actually get the contact and still got done for diving

I think the problem people find is that other players are diving regularly and no cards are given. I think Watkins has been **** over a lot of times by VAR as well. Not saying is a conspiracy against Watkins but the consistency is pathetic

• Like 2

Â