Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

The improvement in his finishing since October is astonishing. During his 9 game run where he kept scoring offside goals or hitting the woodwork I did think it was a worrying pattern that he didn't seem to be able to shrug off. Whenever me and my housemates are watching him we all discussed and agreed how he could end up being an Henry type player and be in the top tier of strikers of his generation if he could improve his finishing. Against West Ham and Arsenal it was starting to really show that he might be.

I'm excited to watch him play every game now, just willing him to perform and score. An incredibly likeable player. 

comparing Tammy and Watkins I'm sure we can all agree that both are very good players. I would love to have Tammy back at the club, but I think Ollie edges him a bit. Tammy is excellent too though!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jonjon said:

Glad you are enjoying him as much as we did, Your fans will love him when they see him "live" I had no doubt at all that he would be nothing but a success for you as he was for us, DS knew exactly what he was getting having previously coached him, so it was a no brainer as far as buying him, I have watched a few of you games on TV and glad to see he settled down in the PL without any problem as I thought he would.

Hopefully we might see him down in our new home next season, providing we don't throw the chance away again!!, we are now on a good unbeaten run, Ollie's replacement Ivan Toney has settled in very well scoring 22 Championship goals already, We have another winner in him, he will run and run all day just like Ollie, Best of luck for the rest of the season, you are playing some nice football that with continued winning could take you into Europe. 

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you lot find these players successfully, time and again, without fail.

So it seems Toney is on course to batter even Ollies goalscoring accolades for you lot.

7 hours ago, skarroki said:

The improvement in his finishing since October is astonishing. During his 9 game run where he kept scoring offside goals or hitting the woodwork I did think it was a worrying pattern that he didn't seem to be able to shrug off. Whenever me and my housemates are watching him we all discussed and agreed how he could end up being an Henry type player and be in the top tier of strikers of his generation if he could improve his finishing. Against West Ham and Arsenal it was starting to really show that he might be.

I'm excited to watch him play every game now, just willing him to perform and score. An incredibly likeable player. 

I actually think his finishing has been strong since the beginning to be honest.

Even if you look at the goals around Liverpool, he is cool.

In that little period, it just wasn't happening for a multituse of reasons.

When he is in certain scenarios I almost already know he is going to score.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm still trying to figure out how the hell you lot find these players successfully, time and again, without fail.

So it seems Toney is on course to batter even Ollies goalscoring accolades for you lot.

Our secret in recruitment is all down to our extensive scouting network, statistics and the backroom/coaching staff we have assembled these past few years, This is all down to our very shrewd Owner who is not only a lifelong Bees supporter but a very successful business man who Purchased the club in 2012 when we were struggling in League one, he set himself a goal of a new stadium and the PL in 10 years, he's had the stadium finished, Just promotion to the PL left. 🤞

PS: Continuity is proving to be our greatest asset, for instance when DS left we knew our next Head coach was going to be TF, If and when he leaves we already know who will step into his shoes.

• Like 2

That was a great interview, I hadn’t seen it either. The interviewer was good. I did not know that he had met up with Jack and John McGinn on holiday in the summer before he signed!

Ollie seems a lovely lad, never ever going to say or do anything controversial which is no bad thing.

• Like 3

On 08/02/2021 at 20:49, jonjon said:

Our secret in recruitment is all down to our extensive scouting network, statistics and the backroom/coaching staff we have assembled these past few years, This is all down to our very shrewd Owner who is not only a lifelong Bees supporter but a very successful business man who Purchased the club in 2012 when we were struggling in League one, he set himself a goal of a new stadium and the PL in 10 years, he's had the stadium finished, Just promotion to the PL left. 🤞

PS: Continuity is proving to be our greatest asset, for instance when DS left we knew our next Head coach was going to be TF, If and when he leaves we already know who will step into his shoes.

It's a very similar model Leicester has been using to good effect. I'm happy to say Villa is also starting to go in the same direction. 

On 08/02/2021 at 18:15, PaulC said:

Tammy wont come here to be second choice striker and i dotn want to see Watkins pushed out wide either. 

As good as Ollie is, I don't think he will have it in him to play every game in the PL, FA Cup, League Cup and Europe next season.

We will need another quality striker to ease the load while maintaining the quality during the busy schedule.

If we qualify for one of the better two of the European tournaments then there remains a very good chance we will see Tammy arrive.

On 10/02/2021 at 16:40, KAZZAM said:

Just saw Birmingham mail have done an article about this video. Safe to say they get alot of their stories from here(considering the vid is 2months old).

I’ve blocked Birmingham Mail and any other other click bait publication from my newsnow feed. There’s hardly anything left. 

As for Ollie. Amazing how much he has been able to step up in this league. It goes to show there is a lot of talent in the championship. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

Â