Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

How fit is he?

Has the markings of going down as a true legend here.

Mental to me that some fans actually still don't rate him or give him a hard time when having a barren spell. 🤦🏾‍♂️

Seems to score in clusters.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

Sounds harsh because he's already hit a total of goals I think most people would have been happy with him getting over the course of the whole season, but I think the only thing stopping him from being a top level striker at the moment is that he spurns a few too many chances.

What a signing he's been though, genuinely transformative to the way we play. Really bullied Holding at times today.

Yes he has but at the same time I don't think he's had many if any where he's made a complete hash of it or got his decision making wrong

he's had shots low and hard across the keeper that haven't found the bottom corner but from the angle he's at its absolutely the right idea it's just the technique is off by a gnats pube 

He's not missing much because he's gone near post when he should go far or vice versa etc he's doing the right things and it's usually super fine margins 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Yes he has but at the same time I don't think he's had many if any where he's made a complete hash of it or got his decision making wrong

he's had shots low and hard across the keeper that haven't found the bottom corner but from the angle he's at its absolutely the right idea it's just the technique is off by a gnats pube 

He's not missing much because he's gone near post when he should go far or vice versa etc he's doing the right things and it's usually super fine margins 

Thing is, what slightly concerns me is that I've seen Brentford fans say he was never the best finisher in his Brentford days too. Looking at his penalty record, might just be a composure issue.

Its the only part of his game where I can point a flaw in. If we trust xG, he has the second highest xG in the league so far, only behind Jamie Vardy. If he can improve his finishing he could truly turn into a world class striker. Right now he has all the tools though.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Thing is, what slightly concerns me is that I've seen Brentford fans say he was never the best finisher in his Brentford days too. Looking at his penalty record, might just be a composure issue.

Its the only part of his game where I can point a flaw in. If we trust xG, he has the second highest xG in the league so far, only behind Jamie Vardy. If he can improve his finishing he could truly turn into a world class striker. Right now he has all the tools though.

He's only 2 goals behind that xG number and he's been very unlucky with some chances. Rattled the woodwork a couple of times. He gets in to great positions. The finishing will come IMO. 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah agreed, it's not really a criticism of him to say he doesn't score a huge amount of half chances,  more so just a point that it's the only thing that's really stopping him from being that next level striker that he could be (which is saying something considering how well he's been performing).

Â