Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

4 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The one he flicked on to the bar, not sure who crossed it though.

This was the moment I realised we were not getting anything out of the game.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

The one he flicked on to the bar, not sure who crossed it though.

Fair enough but if you see the angle of the cross in that was half a chance really but still to your point it was one chance.

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough but if you see the angle of the cross in that was half a chance really but still to your point it was one chance.

I think even calling it a half chance is a bit of a stretch. It was a fantastic header that almost got us a goal from one of our many dreadful crosses.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Love him to bits, but what if Abraham comes available, he's out of favour at Chelsea.

You realise Tammy isn't the complete or perfect striker either right?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You realise Tammy isn't the complete or perfect striker either right?

We can't afford a perfect or complete striker can we? Maybe the best who would come us, as others say, he could play with Watkins, an it wouldn't scare me so much if Grealish was out or moved on if we had Abraham.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

We can't afford a perfect or complete striker can we? Maybe the best who would come us, as others say, he could play with Watkins, an it wouldn't scare me so much if Grealish was out or moved on if we had Abraham.

Doesn't make any sense. Abraham would cost in the region of 30-40 million in a position where he isn't a clear upgrade. Where we already have a 20 million pound man recovering from injury. I'd agree we need reinforcements but no more than for a 15-20 mil striker where we spend most of our cash on a world class winger and DM. Zakaria and Jonathan Bamba would be my 2 go-tos and they'd definitely cost the better part of 100 million combined. 

Then add in 2 or 3 upgrades to the squad like a Taylor and Elmo replacement (guilbert is fine imo) and replace trez then I think we have a squad suitable to push for europe. 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Doesn't make any sense. Abraham would cost in the region of 30-40 million in a position where he isn't a clear upgrade. Where we already have a 20 million pound man recovering from injury. I'd agree we need reinforcements but no more than for a 15-20 mil striker where we spend most of our cash on a world class winger and DM. Zakaria and Jonathan Bamba would be my 2 go-tos and they'd definitely cost the better part of 100 million combined. 

Then add in 2 or 3 upgrades to the squad like a Taylor and Elmo replacement (guilbert is fine imo) and replace trez then I think we have a squad suitable to push for europe. 

image.jpeg.1bc50fc6716517c6d6ee6d65c04eed17.jpeg

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd wanna be pushing for Champions League places with that many signings. No disrespect chap, but if we cut out the lazy performances and mistakes, we would have had Europa League this season.

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How many times has he hit the woodwork this season? And thw VAR robbery for two of his goals?

Had a good season and could easily be close to 20 goals already with some more luck.

Hitting the woodwork is just missing goals chap. He could hit the woodwork 20 times, means nothing other than he needs to be more clinical.

Yes, a miss is as bad as a mile, but in a striker's sense a) he's in the right place when the chance is there (some aren't) and b) hitting the woodwork is better than doing a Geoff Thomas (England... shot went out for a throw). 

But yeah, you can twist statistics all you like, the BBC website are pulling all sorts of guff stats out of their arse ahead of the Wolves game including about how VIlla Park is the only stadium in the Premier League this season where the team who scores first ALWAYS goes on to win. What a load of nonsense, even if true. The statistics of millenials. 

Love you Ollie... keep on going son. 

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hitting the woodwork is just missing goals chap. He could hit the woodwork 20 times, means nothing other than he needs to be more clinical.

I thought it was a fantastic header on Wednesday, it's not like he's unmarked 6 yards out centrally. Wasn't far off edge of the box and he flicked it right towards the corner with Ramsdale praying it would hit the post which it did.

Unlucky there. Palace home game was where he missed a few sitters, particularly that chance at the end so I agree he'll probably never develop into a ruthless finisher like Vardy or Kane.

He's scored not far off what Calvert Lewin has for Everton this season and guy's been playing in prem since 2017 so think Ollie's doing fine but that dosen't mean we shouldn't try and get another good forward in the summer as that's what teams looking to break into top 6 do.

Just now, VillaChris said:

I thought it was a fantastic header on Wednesday, it's not like he's unmarked 6 yards out centrally. Wasn't far off edge of the box and he flicked it right towards the corner with Ramsdale praying it would hit the post which it did.

Unlucky there. Palace home game was where he missed a few sitters, particularly that chance at the end so I agree he'll probably never develop into a ruthless finisher like Vardy or Kane.

He's scored not far off what Calvert Lewin has for Everton this season and guy's been playing in prem since 2017 so think Ollie's doing fine but that dosen't mean we shouldn't try and get another good forward in the summer as that's what teams looking to break into top 6 do.

Don't get me wrong I do like the guy and wouldn't stop playing him, but this is the problem I think, he seems a bit too nice. To be a top finisher you need to be a bit ruthless, he looks like a big strong lad, but needs to start using his strength to his advantage.

Hes probably ahead of Vardy at the same age but to even get anywhere near what Vardy has done will be a great achievement. Kane  is just a thoroughbred and he will never come close. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hes probably ahead of Vardy at the same age but to even get anywhere near what Vardy has done will be a great achievement. Kane  is just a thoroughbred and he will never come close. 

Vardy at Watkins age was playing at conference level Fleetwood town. I'm pretty sure every striker in the PL right now were ahead of Vardy at this age when they were also that age.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Vardy at Watkins age was playing at conference level Fleetwood town. I'm pretty sure every striker in the PL right now were ahead of Vardy at this age when they were also that age.

Yep a year later Vardy was playing championship football but Watkins was still way ahead of him. 

Â