Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

my favourite thing with Ollie is his ridiculous ability to win headers he shouldnt win, its so underrated but important to our defence

I like it best when he heads it up in the air then wins the second header himself as well. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Ten goals after twenty-one games, given that he's been very unlucky not have not scored more, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that he could become the Villa first player since Peter With to score twenty goals in the top flight.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Ten goals after twenty-one games, given that he's been very unlucky not have not scored more, it's not beyond the realms of possibilities that he could become the Villa first player since Peter With to score twenty goals in the top flight.

Wow. You are right. A couple of players reached 19 since, but no one has crossed twenty in the top flight league (Div1/Prem)

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s really good and...he’s getting better.

An unbelievable signing. 28m looks cheap now. He’s worth at least double that. Love him. 

Great signing.  I’d say he’s probably still worth only just slightly above the inevitable 33m we will end up paying.... say £35m... but his worth will keep increasing if he can stay consistent for a full season.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Ten goals in seventeen games probably a tough ask, but if he has a couple of games where he scores twice or more in one game, then he might just about be able to do it.

I think he’ll score another hat trick at least. I think he‘s close to it all clicking again in a match. 

Quick observation. He does miss alot of chances where a little more composure would have allowed him to maybe score. Do you think that the huge workrate he gets through means that he doesnt get a perfect strike or angle at times ?  Does his workrate lead to more missed chances ? 

51 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Quick observation. He does miss alot of chances where a little more composure would have allowed him to maybe score. Do you think that the huge workrate he gets through means that he doesnt get a perfect strike or angle at times ?  Does his workrate lead to more missed chances ? 

Because if he did, he'd be prime Ronaldo???

Strikers miss chances and lots of them. I've watched Kane, Gab Jesus, Mane and Salah miss a whole host of stuff but no one is doubting their quality. 

For the other things he brings to the team and how unlucky he's been with some "marginal" offsides and decisions, a strike rate of 1 in 2 is amazing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Ten goals in seventeen games probably a tough ask, but if he has a couple of games where he scores twice or more in one game, then he might just about be able to do it.

hat trick against Liverpool again, 4 vs United, 7 vs West Brom and Leeds and maybe 3 or 4 in the other games. Ill be disappointed if he doesnt get 35 now :P  

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Great signing.  I’d say he’s probably still worth only just slightly above the inevitable 33m we will end up paying.... say £35m... but his worth will keep increasing if he can stay consistent for a full season.

PL experience, young...I think your easily smashing through 40m.  If clubs pay over 40m previously for Haller and Joelinton, those clubs would snap your hands off for Watkins for 40m.  Covid is making this window and summer window low figures but in 18 months they would.

4 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Because if he did, he'd be prime Ronaldo???

Strikers miss chances and lots of them. I've watched Kane, Gab Jesus, Mane and Salah miss a whole host of stuff but no one is doubting their quality. 

For the other things he brings to the team and how unlucky he's been with some "marginal" offsides and decisions, a strike rate of 1 in 2 is amazing. 

Do not get me wrong . I do not care how many chances he misses. I love the bloke and his work ethic. I was just asking a question and playing devils advocate. A teams main goalscorer is sometimes left alone to do exactly that . But Ollie leads the line not just in going up for headers like it used to mean but running the width of the pitch for 90 as well as tracking back .He is like having a 12th man on the pitch because he does 2 roles at the same time !!

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

PL experience, young...I think your easily smashing through 40m.  If clubs pay over 40m previously for Haller and Joelinton, those clubs would snap your hands off for Watkins for 40m.  Covid is making this window and summer window low figures but in 18 months they would.

Yes that is true about Covid.

and yes if he continues as he has started, then easily £50m in 12 months time.

• Like 1

Â