New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

Lage was linked with the Wolves job earlier in the season when Nuno was being linked with Arsenal, and more recently has been linked with the small heath job. Was Carlos Carvalhal's assistant at Wednesday, has apparently done well since becoming a manager in his own right but I don't think he's someone who we'd get rid of Smith for, maybe if we'd have gone down and decided to start anew.

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Lage was linked with the Wolves job earlier in the season when Nuno was being linked with Arsenal, and more recently has been linked with the small heath job. Was Carlos Carvalhal's assistant at Wednesday, has apparently done well since becoming a manager in his own right but I don't think he's someone who we'd get rid of Smith for, maybe if we'd have gone down and decided to start anew.

Didn't do that well with Benfica in the long term - hence why he was sacked. 

Just now, LondonLax said:

Yep, should never have been started.

Especially when the best the brains trust that is VillaTalk can come up with Pochettino or Allardyce.  I'll give us a pass for Dyche but even he would have been unlikely.

**** that rumour off right now. Dean deserves to take us onwards. Has shown clear improvement and deserves a window where the squad is added to sensibly rather than an overhaul. I'd be deeply disappointed in the club if that was true 

I am happy we survived and grateful, but that doesn’t mean my opinion on Smith has changed. I don’t think he is a good enough manager in game, and it is troubling it took time off during a pandemic for the coaching staff to sort out what should be basic defensive issues. Issues which probably would have seen us down without the time off. 

If the powers that be feel the same about Smith, they have to move now. It does not make sense to fire him 10 games into next season after buying a bunch of players for his system. If you don’t think he is the guy you stick to your convictions, fire him now, and let the new manager and hopefully sporting director make changes in the transfer window. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I presume Terry is leaving and he will take over as assistant, that makes more sense... right.

Can't see the former manager of benfica coming here as assistant - it's either BS - or he's replacing Smith.

Edited by hippo

Whilst it’s wonderful we have stayed up the board may be less than impressed with the manner in which we did it, and that we were a gnats dick from going down. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Whilst it’s wonderful we have stayed up the board may be less than impressed with the manner in which we did it, and that we were a gnats dick from going down. 

I think the board are on his side rather than the above view