New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

It would be the greatest managerial coup in the history of coups. Would probably be the most shocking thing to happen in football in a very long time

Ha ha. You gotta think and dream big. We are the biggest limiters of our own fate. If we do not believe in ourselves then why should anybody else.?

Jeff Bezos started Amazon by selling out of his garage. He is now the World’s richest man. He has had some massive errors along the way, who remembers the Amazon phone, but he keeps innovating and never lets his own expectation limit his future.

Anybody remember Field of Dreams? If you build it, they will come. That’s the spirit we need to embrace. Over to the owners.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Ha ha. You gotta think and dream big. We are the biggest limiters of our own fate. If we do not believe in ourselves then why should anybody else.?

Jeff Bezos started Amazon by selling out of his garage. He is now the World’s richest man. He has had some massive errors along the way, who remembers the Amazon phone, but he keeps innovating and never lets his own expectation limit his future.

Anybody remember Field of Dreams? If you build it, they will come. That’s the spirit we need to embrace. Over to the owners.

Yes good old plucky Bezos did all that out of his garage that was bigger than most homes with nothing more than his $250,000 start up capital from his millionaire parents and the money he had from his decade on Wall Street after his dad got him a job there after his Ivy League education. It’s real rags to riches stuff!

(I’m only joking, I am as much a sucker for the Field of Dreams narrative as you. Always want Villa to be ambitious!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Jeff Bezos is a poor example mate, his story is baloney. Financed by his millionaire parents....

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Jeff Bezos is a poor example mate, his story is baloney. Financed by his millionaire parents....

But look at what he achieved. It’s a good comparison to us. Millionaires are everywhere now. Just like formerly great football clubs. There are those that accept the status quo and those that are not happy being the children of millionaires. They want to be the parents of the richest children in the World. They want to be the new status quo. 
I live in Leicester. Look at what City achieved and are still achieving today. They do not let their perceived limitations hold them back. They aim high. Why shouldn’t we do the same? I love brummies more than anybody else in the World but we do have a tendency to be very self deprecating and it works against us. We need to be more assertive and positive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

As long as he doesn't loose the dressing room I'm 100% for him staying regardless of division.

People seriously think Dyche is the way forward for us? Would be like us morphing Bruce and McLeish into one. No thanks.

He has the dressing room right now, ya think ? Great to see the elitist snob mob of our fanbase are alive and well. Dyche's team 23 points ahead of us ( yes you read that right ) and " no not good enough for the mighty Villa who haven't won't a trophy 24 years ". I'd say the group here who label his football as boring are too lazy to actually sit down and watch them and form an opinion of their own. They arguably play much better football than out lot, it's just Dean sells you a pipe dream. Played some fantastic football in the last week. Wing backs that attack. Zero ego. Genuineness and honesty. They don't try and con anyone. A team is their manager. 

Edited by Johnnyp

50 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

But look at what he achieved. It’s a good comparison to us. Millionaires are everywhere now. Just like formerly great football clubs. There are those that accept the status quo and those that are not happy being the children of millionaires. They want to be the parents of the richest children in the World. They want to be the new status quo. 
I live in Leicester. Look at what City achieved and are still achieving today. They do not let their perceived limitations hold them back. They aim high. Why shouldn’t we do the same? I love brummies more than anybody else in the World but we do have a tendency to be very self deprecating and it works against us. We need to be more assertive and positive.

He has achieved great wealth by underpaying thousands of employees and manipulation. If you want to make any point re football leave that muppet out of it 😜

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

As long as he doesn't loose the dressing room I'm 100% for him staying regardless of division.

People seriously think Dyche is the way forward for us? Would be like us morphing Bruce and McLeish into one. No thanks.

Sorry but it's *lose*

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

He has the dressing room right now, ya think ? Great to see the elitist snob mob of our fanbase are alive and well. Dyche's team 23 points ahead of us ( yes you read that right ) and " no not good enough for the mighty Villa who haven't won't a trophy 24 years ". I'd say the group here who label his football as boring are too lazy to actually sit down and watch them and form an opinion of their own. They arguably play much better football than out lot, it's just Dean sells you a pipe dream. Played some fantastic football in the last week. Wing backs that attack. Zero ego. Genuineness and honesty. They don't try and con anyone. A team is their manager. 

You might struggle to sell this after their lovely football crippled our only half-decent striker - sore point this season with how they play. Dyche is a successful manager, doesn’t play bad football and will do well wherever he goes but I think he sends his teams out happy to injure players and I just don’t want that at Villa, for all we need a meaner streak. I don’t think that’s snobby and I do think he’s a good manager.

8 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He has achieved great wealth by underpaying thousands of employees and manipulation. If you want to make any point re football leave that muppet out of it 😜

I have never seen any evidence of him underpaying his staff. All leaders use manipulation to gain competitive advantage.

Anyway off topic! The point that I was making is that, regardless of your views on him, Bezos thinks and aims big. This is something that I have rarely seen from Villa in all my time supporting the club. We will never truly alter our path until we start to do it.

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I have never seen any evidence of him underpaying his staff. All leaders use manipulation to gain competitive advantage.

Anyway off topic! The point that I was making is that, regardless of your views on him, Bezos thinks and aims big. This is something that I have rarely seen from Villa in all my time supporting the club. We will never truly alter our path until we start to do it.

No it's on topic. Bezo's has become wealthy because he exploits people. 

You sound like you should be supporting Manchester City or PSG.

19 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

No it's on topic. Bezo's has become wealthy because he exploits people. 

You sound like you should be supporting Manchester City or PSG.

You have not provided any evidence of exploitation. Also, just because you don’t like him please don’t insult me. My dad is from Aston. I grew up watching Villa from the HE with him and my sister. My 5 year old is also Villa despite being born within a stones throw of LCFC. Take your condescending attitude elsewhere please.

For some of the posters on here that ridicule posters like myself for suggesting names like Pochettino and the likes, please continue...

Leicester City narrowly avoided relegation in the season of 13/14 by 6 points despite being down in the relegation zone most of that season. Despite Pearson going on a run in the last few games that saved them and climbed to 14th it wasn't convincing enough and the owners sacked pearson anyway.

No one would have put a junkies £20 note on what the owners did next. They booted sentimentality out of the window and showed ambition going out and getting a top european manager in Claudio Ranieri.

We all know what happened next...

I would like our owners to adopt a similar ruthlessness if we survive this season.

It's about time this club stopped accepting mediocre mentality and actually show some ambition.

Ridicule me if you wish for wanting similar for the best of our great football club. I'm all for a manager like Pochettino or someone of his ilk.

Amen.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Thanks 2

Well reports are suggesting that Juventus are contacting Poch for the role. 

If we dont let him know we are interested he may have no choice but to pick Juventus instead of coming to us 😉🤣

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

For some of the posters on here that ridicule posters like myself for suggesting names like Pochettino and the likes, please continue...

Leicester City narrowly avoided relegation in the season of 13/14 by 6 points despite being down in the relegation zone most of that season. Despite Pearson going on a run in the last few games that saved them and climbed to 14th it wasn't convincing enough and the owners sacked pearson anyway.

No one would have put a junkies £20 note on what the owners did next. They booted sentimentality out of the window and showed ambition going out and getting a top european manager in Claudio Ranieri.

We all know what happened next...

I would like our owners to adopt a similar ruthlessness if we survive this season.

It's about time this club stopped accepting mediocre mentality and actually show some ambition.

Ridicule me if you wish for wanting similar for the best of our great football club. I'm all for a manager like Pochettino or someone of his ilk.

Amen.

I'd also like our owners to show ambition and go for a more high profile manager should we stay up. But Pochettino is still out of our reach.

Ranieri was on a reported £1.5m a year at Leicester when they won the league, that's less than what Smith is on here. Pochettino was rumored to be offered £19m a year should the Newcastle takeover happen. 

Pochettino is among the most sought after names in football, Ranieri wasn't when he signed for Leicester. 

There are other interesting names out there we could go for thou.

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'd also like our owners to show ambition and go for a more high profile manager should we stay up. But Pochettino is still out of our reach.

Ranieri was on a reported £1.5m a year at Leicester when they won the league, that's less than what Smith is on here. Pochettino was rumored to be offered £19m a year should the Newcastle takeover happen. 

Pochettino is among the most sought after names in football, Ranieri wasn't when he signed for Leicester. 

There are other interesting names out there we could go for thou.

You get what I mean though mate.

It doesn't have to be "Pochettino" in a be all and end all.. but someone of his ilk, there or thereabouts.

• Like 1