New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You get what I mean though mate.

It doesn't have to be "Pochettino" in a be all and end all.. but someone of his ilk, there or thereabouts.

Aim for the stars and you will reach the moon.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well reports are suggesting that Juventus are contacting Poch for the role. 

If we dont let him know we are interested he may have no choice but to pick Juventus instead of coming to us 😉🤣

Is it the same reports linking Steven Gerrard to the Bristol City job. Genuine question.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

I'd also like our owners to show ambition and go for a more high profile manager should we stay up. But Pochettino is still out of our reach.

Ranieri was on a reported £1.5m a year at Leicester when they won the league, that's less than what Smith is on here. Pochettino was rumored to be offered £19m a year should the Newcastle takeover happen. 

Pochettino is among the most sought after names in football, Ranieri wasn't when he signed for Leicester. 

There are other interesting names out there we could go for thou.

How do we know that Poch is out of our reach if we stay up? The only way to find out is to try. If we give him our best pitch and it fails, then fair enough but there is no harm in trying.

People are all motivated by different things. Villa might just represent the kind of challenge that he would relish. I accept that it is a long shot but it is not impossible. UTV

• Like 1

Just now, M_Afro said:

How do we know that Poch is out of our reach if we stay up? The only way to find out is to try. If we give him our best pitch and it fails, then fair enough but there is no harm in trying.

People are all motivated by different things. Villa might just represent the kind of challenge that he would relish. I accept that it is a long shot but it is not impossible. UTV

Sure, and Jessica Alba might have a thing for short, bald bearded middle aged guys. I better DM her on Insta asap.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I'd also like our owners to show ambition and go for a more high profile manager should we stay up. But Pochettino is still out of our reach.

Ranieri was on a reported £1.5m a year at Leicester when they won the league, that's less than what Smith is on here. Pochettino was rumored to be offered £19m a year should the Newcastle takeover happen. 

Pochettino is among the most sought after names in football, Ranieri wasn't when he signed for Leicester. 

There are other interesting names out there we could go for thou.

I think we should go for that Dean Smith bloke, got promotion with a team 12 months ago, knows the Championship if we are relegated and took his team to Wembley this season. 

He's had a rough time this season and is undervalued by sections of his fans although it looks like the owners still believe in him. 

They invested heavily but the circumstances needed that with a completely depleted squad and coming as the 3rd worst team from the championship with all new players, mostly who are young and projects it was going to be difficult but still he kept them challenging for safety until the last day. 

It may be a great opportunity because the current club he's at has fans that have sections who still think the club are a top six team despite the last 10 years league places suggesting otherwise and until the new owners came in were poorly managed.  They even joke (i think) that he should be replaced by Poch

He's relativity young for a manager, he's still learning and yes will make mistakes but we need to go for that kind of figure because we cant get a top notch manager just yet but he tries to play attacking football but has been hindered by the lack of quality in his squad this season.  Fans enjoyed his football last season.

He's had long runs of defeats this season so a section of fans have turned on him so might be a great chance to get him because that squad with a few quality additions and then Smith would be able to get more from his style of play.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Is it the same reports linking Steven Gerrard to the Bristol City job. Genuine question.

Dont remember seeing that link but to be honest I wasnt looking for any Gerrard links.  I dont remember seeing anything like that though......that's a hysterical link, what next, Messi to Palace! 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think we should go for that Dean Smith bloke, got promotion with a team 12 months ago, knows the Championship if we are relegated and took his team to Wembley this season. 

He's had a rough time this season and is undervalued by sections of his fans although it looks like the owners still believe in him. 

They invested heavily but the circumstances needed that with a completely depleted squad and coming as the 3rd worst team from the championship with all new players, mostly who are young and projects it was going to be difficult but still he kept them challenging for safety until the last day. 

It may be a great opportunity because the current club he's at has fans that have sections who still think the club are a top six team despite the last 10 years league places suggesting otherwise and until the new owners came in were poorly managed.  They even joke (i think) that he should be replaced by Poch

He's relativity young for a manager, he's still learning and yes will make mistakes but we need to go for that kind of figure because we cant get a top notch manager just yet but he tries to play attacking football but has been hindered by the lack of quality in his squad this season.  Fans enjoyed his football last season.

He's had long runs of defeats this season so a section of fans have turned on him so might be a great chance to get him because that squad with a few quality additions and then Smith would be able to get more from his style of play.

Ah yes, stability. Worked well with both Lambert and Bruce.

I get that some think that Smith is the best we can get even with rich and ambitious owners, I disagree.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Dont remember seeing that link but to be honest I wasnt looking for any Gerrard links.  I dont remember seeing anything like that though......that's a hysterical link, what next, Messi to Palace! 

You'll be amazed at the shite these print in order to sell rags so it wouldn't suprise me.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Ah yes, stability. Worked well with both Lambert and Bruce.

I get that some think that Smith is the best we can get even with rich and ambitious owners, I disagree.

You pick two but I can pick others that were success given time and obviously Ferguson stands out.  I don’t compare Smith to Ferguson but pulling out a couple of names to suit your argument isn’t fair.

I’ve already commented on this site several times that

1) we get relegated then Smith should stay

2) if we survive and are low to medium ambitious then give Smith another season

3) if we are seriously ambitious and survive then get rid of Smith and hire a top notch manager.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You'll be amazed at the shite these print in order to sell rags so it wouldn't suprise me.

To be fair though, which sounds more sensible Poch linked to Juventus or Villa fans thinking Poch would come to Villa at the moment?

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You pick two but I can pick others that were success given time and obviously Ferguson stands out.  I don’t compare Smith to Ferguson but pulling out a couple of names to suit your argument isn’t fair.

I’ve already commented on this site several times that

1) we get relegated then Smith should stay

2) if we survive and are low to medium ambitious then give Smith another season

3) if we are seriously ambitious and survive then get rid of Smith and hire a top notch manager.

Nice!

So why the reply to my post saying we should stick with Smith even if our owners are seriously ambitious if you think we should get rid of Smith and go for a top manager?

I wonder whether some posters adopt the sack Smith and appoint top European manager to their every day lives 

I dont like my house, I'll sell it. I quite like Buckingham palace, perhaps they'll sell it to me. I know it's unlikely but what's the harm in trying? Well you'll be without a home. 

I dont like my job, I'll sack it in. I've always fancied being a model, despite being middle aged and over weight. Damn, I'm unemployed.

I'm an underperforming Yoyo club, I'll sack a manager who has got us promoted in 6 months, got us to wembley, underperformed in the league. And replace him with a top european manager.

What could go wrong?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

Sure, and Jessica Alba might have a thing for short, bald bearded middle aged guys. I better DM her on Insta asap.

She might well do............How much money you got? 😂

Why are people acting like Pochettino is the only better manager than Smith, if Smith was to go there would be plenty of managers that we could go for and they wouldn't have to be Pochettino or as highly regarded as him to be better than Smith.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Nice!

So why the reply to my post saying we should stick with Smith even if our owners are seriously ambitious if you think we should get rid of Smith and go for a top manager?

Fair enough, probably wrong post to reply against, just kept reading unrealistic posts and I suppose you were the last one and while I think the owners are seriously ambitious they will do it slowly rather than the Big Bang approach because that approach fails so often hence I think Smith will get another season if we survive.

Sorry for picking on your post.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Why are people acting like Pochettino is the only better manager than Smith, if Smith was to go there would be plenty of managers that we could go for and they wouldn't have to be Pochettino or as highly regarded as him to be better than Smith.

I dont disagree, but who?

Who is leaving a top flight club to come to the Championship?

I'm happy to accept Bielsa did. Who's next?