New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

22 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Some load of shite if true. Wouldn't be against it as a replacement for Terry in the backroom as he failed at Benfica in his only job as manager.

Never heard of him, checked his bio and this season is awful.....why would we even think to do this....doesn’t make sense

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think the board are on his side rather than the above view

We don’t know that though, I’m only speculating, but what we do know is they said they didn’t want to be in a relegation battle this season.

Maybe they feel this is Smiths ceiling or it could all be BS. 

Just now, jim said:

We don’t know that though, I’m only speculating, but what we do know is they said they didn’t want to be in a relegation battle this season.

Surely they were expecting a relegation fight? That's kind of what you do as a newly promoted side?

27 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Some load of shite if true. Wouldn't be against it as a replacement for Terry in the backroom as he failed at Benfica in his only job as manager.

If there's even 1% of truth in this story then I'm utterly embarrassed for this football club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Well Smith said he was sitting down with the owners tommorow - he seemed quite relaxed about it - I wonder how relaxed he is now.

Certainly the timing of it makes sense - short pre season - can't spend weeks manager hunting.

3 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Surely they were expecting a relegation fight? That's kind of what you do as a newly promoted side?

It’s not what was said at the beginning of the season. I’m not advocating we sack him but I’m sure the board will have questions when this season is dissected tomorrow.

Two seasons running we’ve gone from being awful to going on last minute runs. 

Edited by jim

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

If there's even 1% of truth in this story then I'm utterly embarrassed for this football club.

Why ? - maybe the decision was made when we were dead and buried - in that respect getting the replacement lined up made sense - but now we have survived - it's a bit of mess - 

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Well Smith said he was sitting down with the owners tommorow - he seemed quite relaxed about it - I wonder how relaxed he is now.

Certainly the timing of it makes sense - short pre season - can't spend weeks manager hunting.

I think the link is BS but you are right, we have a much shorter break now. No time to mess about with any staff changes and player incomings 

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Why ? - maybe the decision was made when we were dead and buried - in that respect getting the replacement lined up made sense - but now we have survived - it's a bit of mess - 

Because...

A ) he got us promoted

B )he kept us up the next season with a squad that costs £10m on average in the Premier League.

What more do you want?

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

People said the same when Southampton got rid of Adkins. 
I’ve no idea who this bloke is. I also don’t believe the rumour and don’t want Smith gone. But it could turn out to be a masterstroke, especially as it is reported to be through Mendes. No doubt we’d all love to be getting players of his in over Wolves.

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Because...

A ) he got us promoted

B )he kept us up the next season with a squad that costs £10m on average in the Premier League.

What more do you want?

I'm not advocating it 

But maybe the board were being Pro active - and it's sort of backfired.

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

People said the same when Southampton got rid of Adkins. 
I’ve no idea who this bloke is. I also don’t believe the rumour and don’t want Smith gone. But it could turn out to be a masterstroke, especially as it is reported to be through Mendes. No doubt we’d all love to be getting players of his in over Wolves.

We already had some mendes players, el ghazi being one, some keeper that never played a game and was sent back, was another. 

Unless mendes gets a significant amount for a transfer, you won't be getting a decent player. Lucky for wolves, the championship didn't bother investigating all the dodgy dealings to get the manager and 100m of players for a team who were 6th from bottom the year previous.