New Manager...

AvfcRigo82

Next managerial appointment should be...  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Next managerial appointment should be...

• Arsene Wenger
    • Chris Houghton
    • Sam Allerdyce
    • Maurico Pochettino
    • Sean Dyche
    • Manuel Pellegrini
    • Tony Pulis
    • John Terry
    • Leonardo Jardim
    • Ernesto Valverde

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/07/20 at 22:59

I really hope this isn't true.  He's earnt a stable preseason and at least until Christmas. Let's see where we are then.

That being said, my old man is a Brighton fan (don't ask), and he thinks sacking Hughton  (who kept them up in 17th) for Potter has been a good move. But the football under Hughton was terrible mind. 

It will be a huge challenge for Deano not being able to rely on Grealish for the first time. 

Edited by PaddytheVillan

He failed to get them out of the Champions League group containing Lyon and Zenit st. Petersburg. They drew well at Leipzig but lost the home game against them. His record since restart has been poor but up until then he had a decent record albeit in Portugal.

He is a proponent of high pressing and counter pressing type football. 

Is he better than Dean Smith? I don't know as I don't know enough about him and I haven't seen much of benfica to make a judgement.

If it was Marcelo Gallardo then I'd be over the moon. However the biggest consideration has to be the short turnaround and for that reason for me Dean Smith stays. Unless Marcelo Gallardo is pulled out of the hat. Lol.

4 minutes ago, Wes said:

Some further details from a Football Writer at The Guardian:

Buying the club is amazing news. To me that reads as they wanted a second club to help push through a youth movement here. Once a player is good enough to be starting for us they will ship him over for  cheap and we will send our youth players as loanees to get game time at lower level but in a competitive league. Plenty of brilliant players have come from top clubs and succeeded straight away in the prem.