Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

He's nowhere near ready for Villa, as of right now he's barely even suited to the style we play with the RB staying deeper and the LB getting forward. Get him back out on loan again, hopefully find a suitable club. 

I keep falling into the same trap of thinking if a defender is told to stay back, it's to be defensive. 

But...

It is still important to be very good with the ball. Our play will develop to be about passing out from the back and keeping the ball as we move through the pitch.  I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think Hayden may be better with the ball than Cash already. 

Ashley Young's pass to Kamara for our breakaway against Leeds shows the difference in being able to stay back, but to use the ball well whilst in that position. 

56 minutes ago, jim said:

So 3rd choice RB then?

Cash is injured so he will be 2nd as it stands.

Also youngs coming to 38 its going to be a massive ask for him to be plahing a full season at rb if cash get a long term injury

• Like 1

Don’t personally see any rush to loan him out - you see Tyrone Mings talking about how he has never been coached by someone like Emery, and it would be exactly the same for KKH. Sure if the coaches think a loan is best for him, absolutely they’ll do that, but if he ends up here the rest of the season, doesn’t play a minute but does 100 coaching sessions with Unai Emery I’m pretty sure he’ll be a better player than he is today.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Don’t personally see any rush to loan him out - you see Tyrone Mings talking about how he has never been coached by someone like Emery, and it would be exactly the same for KKH. Sure if the coaches think a loan is best for him, absolutely they’ll do that, but if he ends up here the rest of the season, doesn’t play a minute but does 100 coaching sessions with Unai Emery I’m pretty sure he’ll be a better player than he is today.

I think the same, Young is 38 at the end of the season. We should give the lad some minutes if Cash is out long term.

KKH can easily play the right wing as well.

Huddersfield need experience, its not the lack of ability that was the issue. He was one of Championships best performers in December on WhoScored (on the team of the month as well).

If he is ready to get minutes? I dont know, but he needs something that can drive him forward. Emery coaching might be the answer, another loan might be the answer. Hope the people in charge take the correct decisions!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MentalM said:

If he is ready to get minutes? I dont know, but he needs something that can drive him forward. Emery coaching might be the answer, another loan might be the answer. Hope the people in charge take the correct decisions!

I think you can hope with confidence now. Not like in the past. I’m not saying we lost Chuck because of the former coaching staff, he may have gone regardless, but it’s hard to ignore as a contributing factor. The general mood of the club now and 3 months ago is like day and night. 

Imagine being coached by Mark Fotheringham on the Friday and then Unai Emery on the Monday.

It's like leaving the office on Friday evening where David Brent was your line manager and coming back in after the weekend and Warren Buffet is sat there. 

• Haha 2

What's the chances of him staying around and breaking into first team?  Happened with Ramsey, he was out on loan for 6 months, then the following season started getting appearances as a sub and then broke into 1st team.

With Cash injured, and as good as Young has been he is 37, he was looking tired at the end of the Leeds match, can he maintain that week in week out? KKH could get some minutes coming on for Young.

11 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Big fan of KKH. Like Gabby, don't think his lower league stints are indicative of how he might perform in the Premier League.  Some players can raise their game to the level.

Agreed.  He's rapid and has good technical skills at a young age- those are two things you cannot teach.  His positioning, etc etc- those are things that can be coached and taught.

7 hours ago, Didiersix said:

To me, he would fit in the mould of what Emery would want from a full back so I think he will be kept around the squad. 

And me , remember his performance against man city for Swindon, he was good, very good. My guess is Emery or his scouts will have looked at all our loan players and highlighted who we  could use now and Kesler is one of them. With Cash injured and Young needing to rest he could get his chance sooner than we all think. 

• Like 2

He is a massively talented player but i am sure i read somewhere that he was hanging with the wrong crowd and that he could go either way.  Whether he is right for an Emery system is another thing.  Personally he might be well suited to right mid like Emery tried with Cash against Wolves.  Knows how to defend and is explosive going forward with lots of stamina.  I always struggled to understand how he could seem to be in 2 places at once in the youth games. 

• Like 1

Â