Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

• 4 weeks later...

Its amazing how he has gone from looking like a potential star in the summer to struggling to get a game at Huddersfield. Despite him now getting games i really hope they recall him.give him a boost of confidence . At this age they can fade into obscurity easily. I really hope that he can kick on again because he has real pace and skill. 

16 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its amazing how he has gone from looking like a potential star in the summer to struggling to get a game at Huddersfield. Despite him now getting games i really hope they recall him.give him a boost of confidence . At this age they can fade into obscurity easily. I really hope that he can kick on again because he has real pace and skill. 

Hopefully all part of the learning curve

I like Cash but RB is a position where a youngster can really push for imo, maybe my hopes for him are too big, Huddersfield look a proper **** mess so we'll see, maybe knocked him down to earth who knows

Hard to know what's good for them and what's not, don't believe it's simply a case of playing and "manning up" this set back or failure could be the making of him

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Needs to improve, his defensive side.

We seem to drift towards wingers playing full back and appraise them accordingly.

Our full backs need to defend better.

He's very good defensively. His weakness is his reliance on his recovery pace, but for the most part, his recovery pace works for him - he's a bit like a young Kyle Walker in the respect. Having seen him play a lot for the U23's and a couple of times in senior football, I'd have to say that I think he's got a decent balance between attacking and defensive play - albeit with a huge desire to go forward - when he was here, he was given licence to do that.

• Like 1

Athletic have reported in the last few days that other Championship clubs are interested in taking him on loan in January, he's still highly regarded, a few months that haven't gone as well as expected don't change all the progress he made beforehand, in general I don't think it's a great idea to send youngers on loan to clubs that are likely to struggle, maybe if it's their first loan it's not so bad, as it's just as much about the experience then, but better for our prospects if they're playing in teams doing well, also Huddersfield apparently had a change of policy whereby they wanted to concentrate more on their own young players, they've also got Anjorin on loan from Chelsea and Mbete on loan from Man City and both of those were dropped after starting the season with them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He's very good defensively. His weakness is his reliance on his recovery pace, but for the most part, his recovery pace works for him - he's a bit like a young Kyle Walker in the respect. Having seen him play a lot for the U23's and a couple of times in senior football, I'd have to say that I think he's got a decent balance between attacking and defensive play - albeit with a huge desire to go forward - when he was here, he was given licence to do that.

Perhaps you have seen him more than me....I like my fullbacks to negate crosses, coming in.

On 16/12/2022 at 21:46, MWARLEY2 said:

Not sure what the huge worry is. Gabby and Weimann struggled in their loans to get regular starts but hit it off when they first went into our team. Think Bannan was on the fringes at Blackpool aswell the year they went up.

What it does show is people get constantly carried away demanding endless young players get thrown straight into our team miles before they're ready, even Tim I'm not sure would be capable of 6-7 starts and he's doing really well at QPR. When Barry scored v Liverpool in the cup there were loads saying we should put him on the bench for prem games and bring him on (I might have been guilty of this). He's still trying to impose himself in league 1.

For now I'd stick with the right back who's just played well in the World cup personally.

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Should have kept him here than send him on loan to a absolutely hopeless club in championship 

I just don't see the point of that, we've done that with endless promising young players in last decade and the majority just look undercooked when we throw them into first team.

It hasn't quite worked out for him. I see it a bit like Barry last season, struggled big time at Ipswich so he dropped down a level and was much better for Swindon and they should've gone up.

So don't think a drop down to league 1 for promotion chasing team like Sheff Weds or Derby would be a bad thing. Or even just loan him to another championship club, Preston are desperate for a RWB and they're on the fringes of play offs. I was really surprised they didn't come in for him in the summer tbh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I just don't see the point of that, we've done that with endless promising young players in last decade and the majority just look undercooked when we throw them into first team.

It hasn't quite worked out for him. I see it a bit like Barry last season, struggled big time at Ipswich so he dropped down a level and was much better for Swindon and they should've gone up.

So don't think a drop down to league 1 for promotion chasing team like Sheff Weds or Derby would be a bad thing. Or even just loan him to another championship club, Preston are desperate for a RWB and they're on the fringes of play offs. I was really surprised they didn't come in for him in the summer tbh.

If you look at who is covering at rb its young when cash is injured. After the pre season kesler had he should have been kept in my opinion 

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

If you look at who is covering at rb its young when cash is injured. After the pre season kesler had he should have been kept in my opinion 

He can't get a game for Huddersfield so he should not be near our squad at the moment

He should learn from this experience even if not getting games

• Like 2

Â