Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

12 minutes ago, useless said:

He's never shown any signs of having a poor attitude.

Was reported that Huddersfield had made a decision to concentrate on their own youngsters after new manager came in, they also had players on loan from Man City and Chelsea who were also dropped.

Obviously changed their mind with Kesler, maybe they realized he's as highly rated as he is for a reason and likely better than their own academy right-back.

But if they're signing Lowton I think good chance we will recall him anyway, might even allow us to give him a game against Stevenage, would be his debut for our first team.

If he plays vs Stevenage then I dont we can loan him out again under FIFA 3 clubs in a season rule

He technically made his Villa debut vs Liverpool

45 minutes ago, useless said:

He's never shown any signs of having a poor attitude.

Was reported that Huddersfield had made a decision to concentrate on their own youngsters after new manager came in, they also had players on loan from Man City and Chelsea who were also dropped.

Obviously changed their mind with Kesler, maybe they realized he's as highly rated as he is for a reason and likely better than their own academy right-back.

But if they're signing Lowton I think good chance we will recall him anyway, might even allow us to give him a game against Stevenage, would be his debut for our first team.

i think the idea that the don’t want Kesler because he’s too good a humorous idea but lets go with it. But why would they bring in a 33 year old Matt Lowton if they’re trying to give more opportunities to their own youngsters lol. If we don’t recall Kesler, that academy right back now has 2 different players to compete with and honestly, he’ll probably take a back seat to Lowton.

I’m gonna need a source on that claim that huddersfield are concentrating on their own youngsters now because their actions don’t match with their supposed intent.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Well I didn't say they don't want Kesler because he's too good, so if you're going with that your're going with something you've made up yourself not something I've said.

Also playing their own youngsters ahead of another teams' youngsters is completey different to them playing Matt Lowton instead of their own younger players, Matt Lowton would be a big coup for a Championship team in a relegation battle and if they sign him will be one of their best players, his experience will be invaluable to them.

I'm sure we would rather play our own young players ahead of loaning younsters from another team, but that doens't mean to say we'd prefer to play our own youngsters ahead of a player we could bring in on loan if that player was going to be one of our better players and could help us considerabley.

Besides as clearly stated and obvious from the fact that he's been playing for them over the last six games, the thing of them dropping their loan players to concentrate on their own youth isn't applicable to Kesler any longer.

Sometime helps not judge everything from 'whoscored ratings' or whatever.

He went on loan to Swindon and then moved up a level to MK Dons, and then moved up another level in the summer to Huddersfield, he's had as many loan clubs as he's had in a short time because of how well he's doing. If he leaves Huddersfield will go to another Champoionship team (probably a better one than The Terriers) or stay with us as part of our first team squad. Nothing about what he's done is a bad look.

It's not even as if his loan at Huddersfield as been a disaster, apart from a six game spell which coincided with them dropping all their loan players he's been a regular in their team, if they can bring in someone as experienced as Lowton, especially in their situation, can understand them preferring his experience over Kesler.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If he comes back he has to come back and play or he fights it out at Huddersfield. He's 20 now and if he goes out again that's the 4th club on loan in 2 years? It's not a good luck and you don't want to get a reputation

For perspective, Harry Kane had 4 loans move at the same age. Didn’t really do a tap at any of the clubs he was at either. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

i think the idea that the don’t want Kesler because he’s too good a humorous idea but lets go with it. But why would they bring in a 33 year old Matt Lowton if they’re trying to give more opportunities to their own youngsters lol. If we don’t recall Kesler, that academy right back now has 2 different players to compete with and honestly, he’ll probably take a back seat to Lowton.

I’m gonna need a source on that claim that huddersfield are concentrating on their own youngsters now because their actions don’t match with their supposed intent.

I assume the decision to recall Kesler was made during the break in football. I assume there are other Championship Clubs who are interested and we want him in an environment where he's playing regularly. 

There are many reasons he wasn't playing regularly at Huddersfield. Their poor form and the change of coach. The switch to focussing on their own players instead of loan signings. 

For me it's not been about ability of the lad it's been other factors. He'll make a success of his time now wherever we switch him to. 

He's featured in their last 7 Championship games and started 5 including playing the full 90 mins in last 3. I don't know if he'll be recalled or not. I suppose we'll see how much game time Lowton gets and if it's at expense of Hayden

Just now, CVByrne said:

He's featured in their last 7 Championship games and started 5 including playing the full 90 mins in last 3. I don't know if he'll be recalled or not. I suppose we'll see how much game time Lowton gets and if it's at expense of Hayden

He's only playing as their rb is injured I think.

I'm sure I read somewhere that their anther has said their rb will go straight back in to the 11 when fit.

Tbh I would bring him back and loan him out again.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He's only playing as their rb is injured I think.

I'm sure I read somewhere that their anther has said their rb will go straight back in to the 11 when fit.

Tbh I would bring him back and loan him out again.

Yeah Ollie Turton is the RB who's injured. He should be back end of the month or early Feb. Also with Lowton signed you'd imagine we'll recall Hayden. But is there any reason to recall him if there isn't another Championship club interested in taking him and playing him? It might be good for him to stay the full season at Huddersfield for the experience if he still gets time off bench or whatnot. 

4 hours ago, MSvillain said:

Does anyone remember the performance he put in against Man City for MK(?), even Man City fans were absolutely raving about it 

It was for Swindon last January, he was their best player and even though they conceded several goals he had their left winger (Jesus I think) in his pocket. He's perhaps not had the best of seasons with Huddersfield but he's gone from starting out in league 2 for the first time to the Championship in 12 months, so he's definitely made progression. Maybe he's still a couple of seasons away from being ready for us but he's on the right path

Edited by david-avfc

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Saw the third goal and it looked like he could have done a lot better on it.

Playing down the left will be very difficult for him. I think we might be best moving him elsewhere.

I haven’t seen a minute he’s played for them so this isn’t informed opinion in the slightest, but him playing out of position in a difficult situation might not hurt him at all long term. Wouldn’t want him doing it for us but if doing it for them teaches him a couple of things useful in his ongoing career then great.

Sometimes even when our players on loan aren’t getting picked there are useful life lessons - they’ve usually been coddled in an academy, so being out in the real world, living away from home, etc, isn’t necessarily a waste of time. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He's not playing first team football really though. Stuck in a rubbish team and barely making the starting XI ahead of out of position CBs 

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We do this with all our youngsters. I remember it was the same here with Doyle-Hayes and Lyden. You’d swear we’ve loaned Cafu out to Huddersfield. 

Just to move this over to Kesler's thread. 

I don't think hes the finished article, anywhere close really, but I do think he has the potential to be a great squad player for us. 

I think we need to be sensible and send him to a club that plays a back 5 and is more likely to keep him in the squad every week. I don't think this season will have been a complete waste if he's grown up and learnt stuff behind the scenes but he's simply not getting enough minutes on the pitch for me. RWB will suit his development better to I feel, will give him more to do. 

I'm disappointed we didn't send him to Preston as they had no RWBs in the squad and he could have played himself into form. I don't think they want to touch him now and risk it 

He's been playing most weeks all season apart from a spell of six games between October and November, he's also been playing as a right-wing-back for them as well, although he did switch to left-wing-back at the weekend as Lowton making his debut played on the right hand side. If they're going to continue playing him on the left then I think we would be better recalling him as we need him to get practice in the position where we're going to use him

Â