Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

Full-back Kaine Kesler-Hayden, 20, played the first half of the season at Huddersfield Town in the Championship and turned down opportunities to move on loan to clubs in the Scottish Premiership and at the top end of League One in January. 

and a reply from Gregg in the comments @Chris Hi Chris, so as mentioned in the article, Kesler-Hayden turned down the chance for another loan in Jan. There was a lot of interest. He’s going to need another loan next season now as he’s lost a little bit of his momentum. Still, can be easily picked up again. He was flying previously but Huddersfield wasn’t the best move because of many issues there. Sometimes, though, players have to take a risk to see if they can perform at the next level.

Aston Villa rejoice in progress of loan army as youngsters strive to show they belong - The Athletic

Interesting piece from Gregg in Athletic. I wonder why KKH didn't want to go back out on Loan? Maybe he wanted to come back and train at Villa and play U21 football for a bit. I assume these three short stint Loan moves probably took a toll on him too as did Huddersfield. Hopefully he can get a Championship Loan next season as there can be more prep time for Loan moves in summer than in Jan

15 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Which position is he playing for the u21s? I know he is normally a right back but it looks like he is playing at left back in recent games?

Playing RB according the  transfermarkt

He's only 20 and doesn't turn 21 till end of the year. So he's got time on his side for sure. I hope we find the right Championship Club for him next season. He's under contract until 2026

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Interesting piece from Gregg in Athletic. I wonder why KKH didn't want to go back out on Loan? Maybe he wanted to come back and train at Villa and play U21 football for a bit. I assume these three short stint Loan moves probably took a toll on him too as did Huddersfield. Hopefully he can get a Championship Loan next season as there can be more prep time for Loan moves in summer than in Jan

Could be completely non football related, he's a brummie I'm guessing he's now at home wherever that is rather than a rented flat / house in huddersfield

Easy to say on £5-10k a week he should have a great life and experience while forgetting that really he's still a kid

• 2 months later...

really feels like he isnt going to live up to his initial potential.

I really hope he does, but from some stories i have seen his personal life isnt conducive to his development, pity if it is the case, but fingers crossed he does kick on this season.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

really feels like he isnt going to live up to his initial potential.

I really hope he does, but from some stories i have seen his personal life isnt conducive to his development, pity if it is the case, but fingers crossed he does kick on this season.

Whats this? I've not seen anything negative about him at all. Had a great loan at Swindon and a bad one last season, sure he'll be fine. But not heard anything negative about his personal life

Just now, CVByrne said:

Spending all season in a relegation battle again when he's an attacking full back. 

Shame. Thought he'd get a better championship side than that. 

Wash your mouth out. There’s nothing better than representing the mighty Argilé.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Whats this? I've not seen anything negative about him at all. Had a great loan at Swindon and a bad one last season, sure he'll be fine. But not heard anything negative about his personal life

i have seen a fair few comments/stories that he was "alleged" to be in with a very bad crowd and it was impacting his development/effort etc.

Not sure if true, just something i heard/read.

I work with an Argile supporter and last season we often chatted football and Finn Azaz… nice to continue that with KKH

Plymouth are a decent run club with an attacking philosophy at heart. Might be in another relegation battle, but I feel they will play football more suited to his needs and desires 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Spending all season in a relegation battle again when he's an attacking full back. 

Shame. Thought he'd get a better championship side than that. 

Still better than going to a club where their best youth prospect is also a right back...

Â