Kaine Kesler Hayden

Villan4Life

10 minutes ago, Kingman said:

With Cash apparently now out for 3/4 weeks presumably Young will fill in at RB so would expect KKH to at least make the squad now if Emery rates him 

cool, room for 3 goalkeepers then!

On 12/03/2023 at 11:50, MaVilla said:

This is from the Middleborough fan forum (written yesterday):

image.png.3977efde24eb5df69e48dd2dbd98d626.png

Would be a really good move i think if true, obviously would need to be for next season, but if Boro dont manage to get promoted it would be a great move.

Carrick has them playing some free flowing stuff and scoring plenty. We could do a lot worse than sending any of Irroegbunam, Archer, Ramsey and Kessler there next year if they don’t get promoted. I could actually see Archer staying there on loan if they do. 

• Like 3

I noticed Triston Rowe posted his first team shirt on instagram, I wonder if he's getting a call-up, maybe impressed in behind closed doors game, would be incredibly early if that was the case as he's a year younger than Kadan, but has already played against first team oppositon in the EFL Trophy.

He's got a long way to go of course and might not even be with us next season as Chelsea linked and they already signed a lot of his friends from West Brom and England days, so might be tempted by them, but if we do manage to keep him, he could potentially develop into perfect player for Emery system, as can play central defence, has done for both us and England but can also play right-back and again has done so for both us and England and played for in both postion at U21 level whilst still fifteen.

As for Kesler last U21 game I saw which I think was the last one they played he had to come off with an injury, if fit again would be great to see him force his way in first team squad and if he does will have earned even more so than on previous occassions as seems Emery has very strict standards, which is no bad thing, give the academy players an even higher standard to strive for and when they do make bench give them a bigger sense of achievement.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Villaboro love our players and always have

Aaron Danks is on the coaching staff there so will have a lot of info about our academy players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

I noticed Triston Rowe posted his first team shirt on instagram, I wonder if he's getting a call-up, maybe impressed in behind closed doors game, would be incredibly early if that was the case as he's a year younger than Kadan, but has already played against first team oppositon in the EFL Trophy.

He's got a long way to go of course and might not even be with us next season as Chelsea linked and they already signed a lot of his friends from West Brom and England days, so might be tempted by them, but if we do manage to keep him, he could potentially develop into perfect player for Emery system, as can play central defence, has done for both us and England but can also play right-back and again has done so for both us and England and played for in both postion at U21 level whilst still fifteen.

As for Kesler last U21 game I saw which I think was the last one they played he had to come off with an injury, if fit again would be great to see him force his way in first team squad and if he does will have earned even more so than on previous occassions as seems Emery has very strict standards, which is no bad thing, give the academy players an even higher standard to strive for and when they do make bench give them a bigger sense of achievement.

Rowe isnt the biggest is he ? Looks about 5'9 when i have seen him play for Villa on Villa Tv . 

Lets hope that what he is seeing at Chelsea where they are buying a shit ton of players might make him realise that the grass isnt always greener and that he should stay here . Apart from the youth champions league we can offer whatever Chelsea can . 

As for Kesler he has always had a huge talent . Thought he was going to kick on after that australia game against Manure where he came on and really impressed  . But ended up at Huddersfield and we all know what happened there.

Could be a right sided Moreno with his abiliity to be in 2 places at once down the right hand side. He also has huge stamina to keep on doing it . 

I just hope that he is doing enough to impress Emery. Not getting on the bench even with 8 players seems to suggest he isnt in Emerys immediate plans. 

I was thinking about KKH and whether or not he could play on the left in the Moreno mould, has he ever played down the left-hand side at all?

He has the ability and pace, he could be decent cutting in as well as I’m assuming he’s mainly right footed. 

I think Rowe is big for his age, maybe not tall, but big built, similar to Kadan Young. If he was called up I don't think he would necessarily play just like K Young hasn't yet. We've got a bunch of promising right-backs in the academy at the moment, McWilliams, Triston Rowe, Barber, and Kesler-Hayden, all of whom have been called up by England, the latter three all capped.

1 minute ago, burchy said:

I was thinking about KKH and whether or not he could play on the left in the Moreno mould, has he ever played down the left-hand side at all?

He has the ability and pace, he could be decent cutting in as well as I’m assuming he’s mainly right footed. 

I am sure he could . But with Cash being out it would be good to see him on the subs bench covering Ash.  For pure athleticism he is as good as we have ever had at rb and he puts a shift in as well. Just do not know if positonally he has it yet 

Given Emery's system, I think it's likely we'll sell him this summer. The RB needs to function as a third CB rather than a WB and KKH is very much a WB. I think he could go on to be a good player but if he's not the right fit here then we should cash in.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Given Emery's system, I think it's likely we'll sell him this summer. The RB needs to function as a third CB rather than a WB and KKH is very much a WB. I think he could go on to be a good player but if he's not the right fit here then we should cash in.

Hasnt he played right midfield as well? He did in the Liverpool game

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hasnt he played right midfield as well? He did in the Liverpool game

Not sure. I think if he's going to have a future at the club he might need to play there - on that note, I wonder why he's not a winger already given his strengths 

My one and only criticism of emery is he hasnt given any youth a chance. Duran i dont really count as we signed him for money.

But barring k young and archer he hasnt given any opportunity to people like kesler. 

Sometimes you just have to throw them in and see how thwy do for 10-15 mins 

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My one and only criticism of emery is he hasnt given any youth a chance. Duran i dont really count as we signed him for money.

But barring k young and archer he hasnt given any opportunity to people like kesler. 

All of our better youth players are on loan

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree with you, you do have to give them opportunities, a time to settle, as JJ has.

but, UE came in when we was 17th, he is trying to establish us, and that needs every bit of experience we can muster, in an arduous league.

I think he will give youth a chance, when he feels the time is right.

I think KKH may have been out on loan too much (mentally/confidence)and needs a settling environment at his parent club.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, TRO said:

I agree with you, you do have to give them opportunities, a time to settle, as JJ has.

but, UE came in when we was 17th, he is trying to establish us, and that needs every bit of experience we can muster, in an arduous league.

I think he will give youth a chance, when he feels the time is right.

I think KKH may have been out on loan too much (mentally/confidence)and needs a settling environment at his parent club.

This! We looked out on our feet when Unai first arrived. Fulham and Newcastle had just smashed us either side of a good win against Brentford of course. We were still heavily involved in a relegation battle when he first arrived. He has more than steadied the ship since then, and appears to have implemented his playing system succesfully into the first team squad who are starting to get to grips with playing out from the back. I think once he is 100% happy that we have that side of the game cracked, then he will feel more comfortable seeing which youngsters he can integrate into the first team playing that system. I would expect this to be when we have nothing left to play for, which could only be a couple of bad results away from happening. At the moment we still have an outside chance of a European slot, so that will keep us interested for now. I would also add, the youngsters need to earn their chance, UE has already said as much when talking about the subs bench. He is not going to gift them an opportunity, they need to work hard and impress him and his staff.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 2

Â