Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

On 27/04/2021 at 22:25, Vive_La_Villa said:

Disagree we have virtually nothing to play for. Every position higher is worth a few million.  It’s important to finish as high as we can. 

The odd few minutes here and there wouldn’t hurt though. 

It depends, blooding some of these players now may lead to higher finishes in the coming season(s) and/or give us pause for thought before spending millions more in the transfer market this summer? 

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

In fairness, a good chunk of them might well be older than him, Chukwuemeka will be eligible to play in next season's Youth Cup.

Hopefully they will be in the League Cup 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I keep seeing his links to Bayern, Liverpool & Man City.

are we in danger of losing him?

Aside from Jack this is my biggest fear of the window. 

He has such a high ceiling and could save us a LOT of money at CM. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

I think he's best running from deep and can definitely play box-to-box. He's really sharp with the ball at his feet though and he's really good at the thing that Grealish does where he lends the ball briefly to another player and makes him part of his dribble, he's got great feet and good awareness so he's very effective further forward too, but I see him box to box eventually.

• Like 1

His ability to glide with the ball like he has a sail reminds me of Jack. And maybe if I dare say it one of these gazelle runners from Kenya. You know the type that runs a 100 km in lunch break and don't break a sweat. Effortless gliding if you will.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I'd say he's already a box-to-box midfielder in the sense that he gets up and down the pitch, but because he's so good at the attacking side of the game that's what gets noticed. I think he will be similar for the first team. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think he's best running from deep and can definitely play box-to-box. He's really sharp with the ball at his feet though and he's really good at the thing that Grealish does where he lends the ball briefly to another player and makes him part of his dribble, he's got great feet and good awareness so he's very effective further forward too, but I see him box to box eventually.

Agreed and it’s a symptom of being so good at a younger age where you play further forward than might be your position on a level playing field. Looks much more suited to 8 than 10 to me at a professional a level.

54 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Agreed and it’s a symptom of being so good at a younger age where you play further forward than might be your position on a level playing field. Looks much more suited to 8 than 10 to me at a professional a level.

i agree, looks like an 8 or 10 to me.

Either 1 of 2 in a 4231 (as the more "8" of the 2), an 8 in a 433, or a 10 in a 4231.

• Like 1

Watched the U18 performance, and he's some player alright. I was confused by his languid style, at times he looked completely nonplussed by the whole experience. Then he would appear from nowhere, nick the ball away with a deft touch or effortlessly muscle his opposition off it and stride away.

Once he's on the ball he's electric, unpredictable. He can do a bit of everything. He gave the ball away a few times, which would be exaggerated at Premier League level right now and perhaps that is what they are working on, but he's always *trying* to make things happen. And he's clearly capable of producing at any level now. 

He reminds me of Yaya Toure. 

He is 17 years old though and he has stuff to improve on, namely his decision making and consistency. But you can say that for any 17 year old? It certainly looks to me like he has outgrown youth football, so we have a big decision to make this summer as to how much we want to rely on him. Aside from everything else, he could save the club an absolute fortune in the market. 

Â