Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

A mix of mostly Pogba with a bit of Grealish. Amazing feet and touch and balance and finishing and vision and utter calmness . After watching the game back again and rewinding every good thing he did i noticed that he does the Grealish thing where he passes with the outside of the foot in the box so doesn't need to use his left. No Ramsey yesterday meant he didn't have to share the glory and played at a different level to everyone else. That said watching it back Raikhy was bloomin brilliant as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Regen Yaya Toure

As amazing as he clearly is, and as good as this highlights reel looks,  it is clear that a lot of what he did was purely down to the size and relative speed advantage he has over virtually everyone on the pitch.  He looks twice the height of some of the Newcastle players. 

That's not to detract from his pin point finishing and very high quality first touch, but there is a lot there that he will struggle to do against players the same size as him...

Still, nothing to say he won't forever retain a height advantage to a degree and look like a totally relaxed baller in the first team, but I'm containing my excitement for now. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

As amazing as he clearly is, and as good as this highlights reel looks,  it is clear that a lot of what he did was purely down to the size and relative speed advantage he has over virtually everyone on the pitch.  He looks twice the height of some of the Newcastle players. 

That's not to detract from his pin point finishing and very high quality first touch, but there is a lot there that he will struggle to do against players the same size as him...

Still, nothing to say he won't forever retain a height advantage to a degree and look like a totally relaxed baller in the first team, but I'm containing my excitement for now. 

His hair adds 3 inches . He isnt massive by any stretch

he's 182cm tall so while not short he's not a tower either. Kid looks great with the ball and has a very good eye. That's what makes him promising.

Edited by osmark86

14 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Assuming they are given first team action regularly, I think we should send as many to the championship as possible. It's not a bad league at all. And I'm a firm believer in getting out of your comfort zone makes you a man so to speak.

Generally agree, but it does depend on the player. Sometimes you can just fast track them into the first team and get them learning the ropes at the highest level.

You look at some of the best English talent of the last couple of decades, and a lot of them didn't need a loan spell to develop - Scholes, Gerrard, Rooney, now Foden. Same goes for some Villa youth prospects like Gareth Barry. I'd see Chuk in that bracket potentially - mature player who'll probably be able to handle himself from a young age.

Of course you have other players like Grealish, Kane, etc who credit their loan spells as formative experiences. So it's hard to say. Think it depends a lot on what they can bring to the first team, and how ready they are for the rough and tumble of senior football... whether they need toughening up a bit... etc. The risk always with going out on loan is they don't get the same level of coaching and protection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, osmark86 said:

he's 182cm tall so while not short he's not a tower either. Kid looks great with the ball and has a very good eye. That's what makes him promising.

He's 17 though and that height is probably out of date. He looks tall to me, compared with his peers. I reckon he'll end up 6'1 / 6'2 ish?

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

He's 17 though and that height is probably out of date. He looks tall to me, compared with his peers. I reckon he'll end up 6'1 / 6'2 ish?

yippee.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Generally agree, but it does depend on the player. Sometimes you can just fast track them into the first team and get them learning the ropes at the highest level.

You look at some of the best English talent of the last couple of decades, and a lot of them didn't need a loan spell to develop - Scholes, Gerrard, Rooney, now Foden. Same goes for some Villa youth prospects like Gareth Barry. I'd see Chuk in that bracket potentially - mature player who'll probably be able to handle himself from a young age.

Of course you have other players like Grealish, Kane, etc who credit their loan spells as formative experiences. So it's hard to say. Think it depends a lot on what they can bring to the first team, and how ready they are for the rough and tumble of senior football... whether they need toughening up a bit... etc. The risk always with going out on loan is they don't get the same level of coaching and protection.

I'm sure you have examples that didn’t do it, but that's pretty irrelevant methinks. It's a massive outlier in the data set so to speak.

There's so many cases that benefited from loans, that I think suggests those who didn’t take a loan move like Scholes also would have benefited from it. I really don't see the down side, but I see a lot of upside.

But ofc. if they are good enough they are old enough. The question for me is whether those who are streets ahead the championship already at a young age, would be negatively affected by a loan and I don't think so.

I'd also argue football has changed a lot since SAF brought the class of 92 (?) into the first team. Now it's a much bigger business and they are pampered from a very young age. Gone are the days of cleaning duty and what not.

Going out on loan is probably more about the mental side of football than having first team footy methinks. Like I've compared it to before it's like going into the service at 18/19. You are in for a reality check. You grow on that.

What you have to say is that all those players he's playing against are all a) probably older than him and b) are playing in those teams because their academies think they are good enough to make it as professional footballers, the cream of the current crop.  Yet he's going through them like a knife through better. 

Yes it doesn't ways translate but if you are so so much better than anyone else at that age it can only bode well. 

I remember Rooney playing against us in an FA Youth Cup and looking absolutely stand out.  We won but afterwards Moyes was raving about him as being a big takeaway from the campaign for him. 

Edited by sidcow

42 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What you have to say is that all those players he's playing against are all a) probably older than him and b) are playing in those teams because their academies think they are good enough to make it as professional footballers, the cream of the current crop.  Yet he's going through them like a knife through better. 

Yes it doesn't ways translate but if you are so so much better than anyone else at that age it can only bode well. 

I remember Rooney playing against us in an FA Youth Cup and looking absolutely stand out.  We won but afterwards Moyes was raving about him as being a big takeaway from the campaign for him. 

It was their U18s, so presumably they're similar ages? I thought we were only playing these players in the U23s myself, so I was a bit confused to see him and Barry.

6 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It was their U18s, so presumably they're similar ages? I thought we were only playing these players in the U23s myself, so I was a bit confused to see him and Barry.

In the league yes but they all get to play in the Youth Cup to get that idea of real competition. With 3 or 4 of them training with the 1st team and playing mostly U23 football you can see how they are improving month by month if not week by week

2 hours ago, Rolta said:

Ah, sorry.  I thought it was under 23s

19 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Regen Yaya Toure

It's a great highlights real, but that last goal cutting in from the right and bending it in with the left foot wasn't him. It was scored by Reddin.

Â