Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

59 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is he one for a loan out to a championship team next season? 

i think so. he needs regular football. we made that error with davis.

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Or we keep him in house and try and mould him specifically in to the player that we want him to be

If we have a specific role and position that we think he will shine in do we keep him at BMH and drill it every day rather than send him to league 1 to just play as a midfielder, if we see him as a number 10 playing off Jack then get him training every day playing off Jack don't send somewhere else where he's not forming that relationship 

But same as all the others I think it would depend on which club comes in for him, what level they are, what style of play they have, what other players they have etc if we find an attacking ball playing possession dominating team then he might fit, if we get on approach from a Tony pulis wanting a big lad then I hope we say no 

Yeh, I hear ya.

I don’t know what the right thing to do is. Personally, i feel as though the club have really struggled to bring through young players properly over the years and one of our downfalls has always been the loan system. 

Would it not be better for these young players, Ramsey, Chuk, Kesler, Barry to get 40 games under their belt in open age football in either the championship and then come back to the club when they’re 18/19 and perhaps more mature in order to break through into the first team? I get it, there are exceptions - players that are so good who are worthy of a first team place now, but this is rare and I just can’t see how a loan won’t be brilliant experience for the youngsters. 

Looking at Chukwuemeka as an example. Is he going to play much next season? I mean, we’ve got Ramsey in the first team squad now and we’ve also just signed Sanson. There is obviously also McGinn, Luiz and Nakamba too. If he’s only going to get a game or two and then play in the u18’s for the most part then I don’t see how this will benefit him as much as 40 games in the championship. There is no point Carney playing in the U18’s or the U23’s anymore in my opinion. He’s just too good for that level and he looks like he’s a 14yr old playing against a playground full of 8yr olds. He has to be playing open age football now competitively and if we can only give him a cameo here or there, I don’t think that is as good as a loan out. 

But what do I know. 

Edited by Delphinho123

The fear for me is that villa see him as a ball playing number 10, playing on the ground, off grealish on the left and on to Watkins making movement in front of him, smart tight space passing in to the box creating and taking chances 

Neil Warnock takes a look at him, sees a big athletic kid and thinks he's the next Patrick Vieira and can sit deeper winning the ball driving forward and spreading the ball to the skilled players rather than thinking that he is the skilled player, boro play long, play with width and work the ball in from the wings rather than through the middle (I don't know if that's the case) 

He's starts for them, Warnock realises he's not what he really wants so he ends the season with 30 appearances, most from the bench 

Is that really that good for his development? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The fear for me is that villa see him as a ball playing number 10, playing on the ground, off grealish on the left and on to Watkins making movement in front of him, smart tight space passing in to the box creating and taking chances 

Neil Warnock takes a look at him, sees a big athletic kid and thinks he's the next Patrick Vieira and can sit deeper winning the ball driving forward and spreading the ball to the skilled players rather than thinking that he is the skilled player, boro play long, play with width and work the ball in from the wings rather than through the middle (I don't know if that's the case) 

He's starts for them, Warnock realises he's not what he really wants so he ends the season with 30 appearances, most from the bench 

Which is why we've employed a loan manager in jedinak to make sure that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Personally I don't see why he can't be on the fringes of the first team.

I would hope the people we have at the club now - would find a suitable loan for the player - not just the first club that rocks up offering to pay his wages for a season 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

Which is why we've employed a loan manager in jedinak to make sure that this sort of thing doesn't happen.

"Jedi, Warnock isn't holding up his end of the bargain with game time for young Chuk"

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I love the nickname chuk! How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood! 

Yeah he's deffo Chuck now.

Chuck Norris I were also thinking lol.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree he was very good but he actually gave the ball away quite a lot. It’s not so obvious when it’s against Newcastle kids and we win it back off the quickly. A premier league team wouldn’t be as forgiving. 

No they won't be forgiving but then Chuk would most likely not be so hasty and be abit more cautious, he seems smart enough.

We have to stop this hand holding of youth in this forum and give them the chances they deserve. I've said many a time recently that other fanbase wouldn't have a problem with playing some youth in the first team. When some first teamers are not bringing there A game week in week out and Europe is not likely, when we have a few games left where we can let first teamers rest and experiment abit, why not test these lads out give them some game time. They are proving on a regular basis now that they are mature beyond there level they regular play at. You even have pundits and media attention on our Youth as they are getting recognised more and more.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

You do know he can play defensive midfield, central midfield and attacking midfield, he is learning to be a versatile player not just good in one area.

9 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

We have to stop this hand holding of youth in this forum and give them the chances they deserve.

Didn’t realise we picked the team mate ;)

Im sure Smith will give him a chance when  he is ready.  Running the show against the same age peers is not quite the same as looking as good or as better than first team players in training.

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Im sure Smith will give him a chance when  he is ready.  Running the show against the same age peers is not quite the same as looking as good or as better than first team players in training.

Quite. He's clearly far too good for U18s and definitely impressing in the U23s too - but he's still only 17. I'd like to see him get some game time to see what he can do but he's such a talent that we don't want to rush him and **** up his potential. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think the point people are mainly trying to point out here is if you stick these Youth on the bench, they are an option when we seem to not have any creativity in us at the moment. You would have to be absolutely bonkers to think they are automatically going to be better than most of the premier players. They are Youth they need to up there game constantly and if they an do that at a steady rate the better for there learning. These lads are reaching the ceiling where they are playing at and many are realising it now, some of us realised it abit ago. They certainly are destroying everyone in this cup and there's no sign of them slowing down either. These lads are punching above there weight, finding it all to easy so yeah you need to take them to the next level. Get them moved up, some abit further into the U23s and a couple on the bench against superior opponents. If they are playing with a maturity everyone is claiming they are then they will take the experience and turn it all into positives, they will love it just as they did against Liverpool.

Again anyone would have to be bonkers to think at first they are going to be world beaters against already settled premier opponents. Give them the time though and they will enjoy it and want more of it, all while feeding from it and gaining a stronger level of experience and coming back stronger themselves. That is why you use game time like the time we have available where our season isn't going to be affected much, they could see the remainder of the games out from this season. Then there's next season as Chuk and Barry could certainly take a bench spot up next season they could be ready to sub off someone, we just have to use them between now and end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

I think the point people are mainly trying to point out here is if you stick these Youth on the bench, they are an option when we seem to not have any creativity in us at the moment. You would have to be absolutely bonkers to think they are automatically going to be better than most of the premier players. They are Youth they need to up there game constantly and if they an do that at a steady rate the better for there learning. These lads are reaching the ceiling where they are playing at and many are realising it now, some of us realised it abit ago. They certainly are destroying everyone in this cup and there's no sign of them slowing down either. These lads are punching above there weight, finding it all to easy so yeah you need to take them to the next level. Get them moved up, some abit further into the U23s and a couple on the bench against superior opponents. If they are playing with a maturity everyone is claiming they are then they will take the experience and turn it all into positives, they will love it just as they did against Liverpool.

Again anyone would have to be bonkers to think at first they are going to be world beaters against already settled premier opponents. Give them the time though and they will enjoy it and want more of it, all while feeding from it and gaining a stronger level of experience and coming back stronger themselves. That is why you use game time like the time we have available where our season isn't going to be affected much, they could see the remainder of the games out from this season. Then there's next season as Chuk and Barry could certainly take a bench spot up next season they could be ready to sub off someone, we just have to use them between now and end of the season.

I thought that’s what the u23’s were for? We have some top 17 year olds that get to play in the U23. From what I’ve seen they’ve done ok but hardly looked like world beaters.  

Next year could be big for Chuk and Barry. 

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I thought that’s what the u23’s were for? We have some top 17 year olds that get to play in the U23. From what I’ve seen they’ve done ok but hardly looked like world beaters.  

Next year could be big for Chuk and Barry. 

The younger lads who play in the U23s have benefited massively from it IMO. Kesler, Carney, Barry, Raikhy, Bogarde, Young etc. were confident and composed to the point of it looking somewhat effortless yesterday.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i think so. he needs regular football. we made that error with davis.

Did we?

Davis did not come through our academy, we signed him as a youth prospect when he was already 17/18 I think.

Within 18 months of signing he was in and around the first team and after relegation and subsequent injuries to forward players he became a first team regular for a while, since then, he’s either been the number 2 striker and/or has been injured so when were we supposed to farm him out on loan? 

I’d rather we develop players in-house to our own methods and style rather than sending them out to league 2 to play in shit teams, on shit pitches and under shit mangers and coaches.

• Like 3

Â