Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I’ve not seen tonight and he (and others) may not be ready just yet for the first team. But I think now is the perfect time to give them some minutes and get them to learn from it. We have virtually nothing to play for, plus no fans to get on players backs and put pressure on them. Yes he is young, but I don’t think 20 minutes a match for the next few games will harm his development at all.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve not seen tonight and he (and others) may not be ready just yet for the first team. But I think now is the perfect time to give them some minutes and get them to learn from it. We have virtually nothing to play for, plus no fans to get on players backs and put pressure on them. Yes he is young, but I don’t think 20 minutes a match for the next few games will harm his development at all.

Disagree we have virtually nothing to play for. Every position higher is worth a few million.  It’s important to finish as high as we can. 

The odd few minutes here and there wouldn’t hurt though. 

30 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely worth a try in the first team, can’t possibly lose the ball more often than McGinn and Luiz.

Seems a big, strong lad as well... could save us some money.

Our current weak midgets can't always hack it... lol

35 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Surely worth a try in the first team, can’t possibly lose the ball more often than McGinn and Luiz.

It isn't just the fact Mcginn and Luiz lose the ball, Chukwuemeka is a player who go gets the ball and is creative with it, how many players since Grealish has been out have that creativity in them?

There isn't many in the first team that is for sure at the moment.

Chuk was also everywhere today, cutting out balls, retaining the ball, creating chances and making things happen with that final ball.

• Like 1

i've been quite strongly against throwing the kids in the first team

but recent performances (from both the first team and the kids) have made me really change my mind. why not throw him in.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

It isn't just the fact Mcginn and Luiz lose the ball, Chukwuemeka is a player who go gets the ball and is creative with it, how many players since Grealish has been out have that creativity in them?

There isn't many in the first team that is for sure at the moment.

Chuk was also everywhere today, cutting out balls, retaining the ball, creating chances and making things happen with that final ball.

I agree he was very good but he actually gave the ball away quite a lot. It’s not so obvious when it’s against Newcastle kids and we win it back off the quickly. A premier league team wouldn’t be as forgiving. 

• Like 1

I'd love to see him make it onto the bench and maybe get ten or fifteen minutes in Barkley's position where there would be less responsibility on him and his work off the ball.

The only problem I can see is that in order to get him onto the bench I think we might have to drop Ramsey, the only other one I can see coming out is Wesley and both seem unlikely.

• Like 3

He gave the ball away few times in the first ten minutes but for the rest of the match was outstanding, as he is in most games. I don't think I've seen a match where he hasn't been either the best player on the pitch or a very strong contender for the best player on the pitch.

• Like 1

Has looked a brilliant talent anytime I've seen him play, he also has the sort of frame you can really see him filling into as he gets older which is an important thing to consider for a player of his age and position to potentially play in the PL.

Just hope they get it right when it comes to easing him into first team football, tough one to manage as needless to say it varies per player. Just hope fans are patient with him and whoever else gets their chance as there's already some worryingly hasty stuff on social media about how he's "what we're missing now that Jack is injured" and so forth that won't help anyone. I think given the low average age of our first team and how Ramsey has been integrated I trust that the coaching staff will know best when he's ready for it and won't be afraid to give him a go.

• Like 3

Be interesting to see how he copes with senior opposition who are as tall and strong as him. Quite common for these big athletes to look incredible as teenagers, and then fade a bit at senior level when they can't bully players as easily.

But he does look an amazing talent, and has a bit of the Yaya Toure about him. Probably one to bring off the bench a few times next season, play in a few cup games, and then give him a proper run at the first team in 2022/23.

Gregg Evans with a bizarre and very weakly sourced article in the Athletic btw. Seems to be trying to create controversy and wider interest by making out Chukwuemeka will leave for City / Dortmund / etc if Smith doesn't give him first team action this season. Lad's just signed a 3-year contract 🤪

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is he one for a loan out to a championship team next season? 

Or we keep him in house and try and mould him specifically in to the player that we want him to be

If we have a specific role and position that we think he will shine in do we keep him at BMH and drill it every day rather than send him to league 1 to just play as a midfielder, if we see him as a number 10 playing off Jack then get him training every day playing off Jack don't send somewhere else where he's not forming that relationship 

But same as all the others I think it would depend on which club comes in for him, what level they are, what style of play they have, what other players they have etc if we find an attacking ball playing possession dominating team then he might fit, if we get on approach from a Tony pulis wanting a big lad then I hope we say no 

56 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Is he one for a loan out to a championship team next season? 

Assuming they are given first team action regularly, I think we should send as many to the championship as possible. It's not a bad league at all. And I'm a firm believer in getting out of your comfort zone makes you a man so to speak.

• Like 1

Â