Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We really did miss a chance with trying to sign Mitrovic last summer, with some on here saying he was a plodder. He now has 26 goals and would have been better than any of our strikers this season. We stay up, I would look at him as an option.

Chances are that Wesley won’t be fit for the start of the new season, we’ll only have Davis and Samatta.  Hogan will no doubt be moved on either a loan again or transferred. If we drop I would look at Karlan Grant and possibly Ivan Toney, who both have the chance to improve and won’t break the bank.

2 hours ago, John said:

I would want a minimum of an extra £15m for the first two and for the fourth named above. I think our owners, would play hard ball for those four. If we get offered less, then they are going nowhere, I hope... 

I assume the £25m for Douglas would be his sell on clause? I think that we might be waiting a very long time, for someone to bid £8-£10m for El Ghazi, after that miss. Norwich are saying they have no need to sell anyone, so I hope we will see it that way too, should we join them in the EFL next season. Although, some players will no doubt, not want to hang around. If we stay up, Cantwell and Buendia, might be two that we should consider.

I've been having a thought about where we would need to strengthen, should we stay up as well (ever the optimist ;)). I was thinking a striker that scores goals is vital, a couple of wide players, a defensive midfield player and perhaps one or even two defenders. How about £25m-£40m each, given FFP won't be an issue next season. That would be a lot of money, but I anticipate that we will get some money in as well. For me, we would need to take advantage of the transfer market to avoid another season like this one. 

One thing that seems sure, is that we have a busy window to come. What we get in for players leaving, may end up being somewhere near both of our estimates.  How many will leave should we go down, will hopefully be a little less than we suspect.       

Cantwell would be an excellent signing. Better than any of Villa's wide players (except Grealish).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

White is going back to Brighton so Shane Duffy will probably be available to buy. Would be a sensible move regardless of division

His wages would be on the high side for the Championship though so you wouldn't want to be paying any sort of big fee for him.

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

We really did miss a chance with trying to sign Mitrovic last summer, with some on here saying he was a plodder. He now has 26 goals and would have been better than any of our strikers this season. We stay up, I would look at him as an option.

Chances are that Wesley won’t be fit for the start of the new season, we’ll only have Davis and Samatta.  Hogan will no doubt be moved on either a loan again or transferred. If we drop I would look at Karlan Grant and possibly Ivan Toney, who both have the chance to improve and won’t break the bank.

Would move Davis on and Samatta and bring two new strikers in. Only way I'd keep Davis is if hes utilised else where because hes not good enough up front, we need goal scores and he is not. Play Davis behind a striker may find it works better for him.

Need new Wingers for definitely, cant keep hoping on our current ones accept Grealish if he stays with us that is . Sell Ghazi, Jota and Trezegeut without a doubt.

I'd sell Target and Taylor and buy two new LBs.

May have to buy yet another new keeper, sell Nyland, I'd keep Reina if a possibility and hopefully Heaton stays but we do have Steer which I hope to see.

Hopefully we can keep Luiz but I'd sell Nakamba and bring in one maybe two more CDMs.

Not to sure if I'd keep or sell Hourihane, keep Elmo, try keep Mings he played championship before can play it again, Konsa I'd keep, Hause I'd sell, Guilbert could improve I'd maybe keep and see how he does for a season and Engels not sure.

No matter what theres going to be alot of movement next window, I just hope we get it right in who we sign.

15 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

What is this??

Talks are taking place now to implement an 18m wage cap for all clubs in the championship. (For the new season)

For reference, our wage bill was something like 65m when we got promoted.

The EFL have a product to sell, so not sure why they'd pass a rule that would preclude clubs in their division signing the best players possible, in recent years the championship has been able to attract names like Benitez, Neves, Terry, Rooney, Abraham, Bielsa, and so on, making it more attractive commercially, there'd be none of that if this wage cap was to be passed.

Edited by useless

Arda Turan on probation for breaking the nose on a guy in a nightclub and then showing up at the hospital with a gun asking the guy he beat up to shoot and kill him.

Would be a terrific signing, makes signing Drinkwater look a like a stroke of genius.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Would move Davis on and Samatta and bring two new strikers in. Only way I'd keep Davis is if hes utilised else where because hes not good enough up front, we need goal scores and he is not. Play Davis behind a striker may find it works better for him.

Need new Wingers for definitely, cant keep hoping on our current ones accept Grealish if he stays with us that is . Sell Ghazi, Jota and Trezegeut without a doubt.

I'd sell Target and Taylor and buy two new LBs.

May have to buy yet another new keeper, sell Nyland, I'd keep Reina if a possibility and hopefully Heaton stays but we do have Steer which I hope to see.

Hopefully we can keep Luiz but I'd sell Nakamba and bring in one maybe two more CDMs.

Not to sure if I'd keep or sell Hourihane, keep Elmo, try keep Mings he played championship before can play it again, Konsa I'd keep, Hause I'd sell, Guilbert could improve I'd maybe keep and see how he does for a season and Engels not sure.

No matter what theres going to be alot of movement next window, I just hope we get it right in who we sign.

It’s not football manager. You would start the season with half a team and then start buying the rest. No wonder we always have to rebuild.

• Like 2

We need smart investment this summer to both fill out our roster with serviceable players and to bring in some real quality. We should be looking at clubs getting relegated from ligue 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga and the championship at raiding them for their best players on cheap deals as they will be in financial trouble like we did with Guilbert who is arguably our best bit of business in the last 18 months. It will allow us to bring in some real quality back ups and leave us with the real money on starting players. We should be looking at the 15-25 mil range for starters and around 5 mil or under for back ups. 

37 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

We need smart investment this summer to both fill out our roster with serviceable players and to bring in some real quality. We should be looking at clubs getting relegated from ligue 1, Serie A, Bundesliga, La Liga and the championship at raiding them for their best players on cheap deals as they will be in financial trouble like we did with Guilbert who is arguably our best bit of business in the last 18 months. It will allow us to bring in some real quality back ups and leave us with the real money on starting players. We should be looking at the 15-25 mil range for starters and around 5 mil or under for back ups. 

We should also be looking at the B Teams of the Euro giants. Jann-Fiete Arp and Lukas Mai at Bayern II for example would be worth looking at if available. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

His wages would be on the high side for the Championship though so you wouldn't want to be paying any sort of big fee for him.

Maybe a years loan would be sensible, how long does he have left at Brighton on his deal?

Bennett at Wolves/Leicester is another I'd look at. We need a Chester type signing regardless of what happens to Mings.