Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

If we do stay up, unlikely as it seems, I don't think we should be looking to let anyone leave who could play a part. We need to be adding to the group of a more settled squad whilst letting the absolute lowest squad members leave. 

For example, we need to bring in a big, proper DM. Another central midfielder would allow Lansbury to leave. 

2 new starting wingers are needed, so el ghazi and trez should drop to squad players. Jota, who has shown absolutely nothing in his time here, should be the one to leave. We automatically improve our wingers and depth in those positions. 

Letting lots leave this summer would mean more need to come in. Then, that transfer budget is squashed into more players, like last summer, rather than adding 3/4 more quality players which come at a higher premium.

We might not have a choice of letting any players go if the right money comes in for them.

It would still be safe to lose 11+ of this current squad and replacing them with better quality or a decent prospect status adding to what we already have where it would be needed.

When you look that we have so many keepers, Reina & Sarkic depart and we sell Kalanic. Still leaves us with 3.

We lose Chester, and should sell Taylor and Bree. Replacing with better quality where possible and needed in those positions.

We may lose Mings? We may lose Luiz? Who knows, but Drinkwater leaves and we need to part with Lansbury.

Trezeguet off and a replacement would be needed. Jota also not good enough and should also be sold. Elmohamedy would be a useful backup in this position.

El Ghazi could be a different player under the right tutelage. We do need another winger in that position though on the left.

A good quality midfielder is needed.  It's looking like we also lose Grealish and so he also needs replaced.

Samatta I don't think is good enough and I think we should part ways. Bringing in  2/3 more quality strikers is needed on top of Wesley & Davis (If he stays) if we ever intend to play with 2 upfront again.

Overall it wouldn't do us any harm clearing out that amount of players and bringing in 6/7 quality replacements where possible is not a complete overhaul but just adding to what already have.

Most of this team have a PL season under their belts now and we should build on and around that. It's a good foundation for anyone to build on if we survive.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Interesting what will happen to fees now that an untried youngster who has never played top flight has gone for 25m.

Never seen him play (for obvious reasons), so not a dig, but we were told transfer fees would be depressed by covid.

I'd wait to see what the market looks like before sanctioning deals next monday. 

9 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Interesting what will happen to fees now that an untried youngster who has never played top flight has gone for 25m.

Never seen him play (for obvious reasons), so not a dig, but we were told transfer fees would be depressed by covid.

I'd wait to see what the market looks like before sanctioning deals next monday. 

Some posters on here believe we won't get £15m more on that price for Grealish.

Funny old game isn't it.

Depending on who the manager is and what division we are In will have a huge effect on number of players required obviously.  If we stay up then tweaking of first XI will be the priority and I’d keep El Ghazi and Trez for squad options. Samatta is the one I’m not convinced with but will give him first half of next season before writing him off completely same as Nakamba. 

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I completely disagree. In his 64 appearances in a Villa shirt, I’d argue he’s had 6 good games at most. 

I remember wanting him gone when we were playing in championship but for some unbeknown reason we decided to stick with him in the Premier League as a starting player. Look how that’s gone. 

He’s one of those, ‘on his day he’s unplayable’ types. Only, he isn’t, because he’s not, and even if he was, that ‘unplayable day’ happens once in ten matches.

The highest praise I can give him is that he’s a luxury player. 
There is absolutely no way I want him here next season regardless of which division we’re in. Same goes for Trez too who is arguably worse. 

I'm sorry, but our wide options are an absolute joke and are so far off what is required in this division. It's one of the main reasons we are where we are in the league. Everything falls down when they get on the ball.

Awful. 

There is a difference between a luxury player and just not a world beater. El ghazi is fine but plays in a team with no movement off the ball so when he receives the ball there is never a pass on so he will often have to attempt to beat multiple players which is incredibly difficult. The number of chances we have missed off of his crosses or the number of times we could have put him through in one on one situations this season are staggering but we don't because players play the pass too late or make the run too late. 

If el ghazi played for even just Brighton he would have similar stats to Harvey Barnes in my opinion because they have off the ball movement and people who attack balls in the box which we lack and it kills most of our attacks. He is an average Premier league winger right now and the fact that people on here deny that is ridiculous. People have said they want sare who has scored and assisted the same number of goals as el ghazi had this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Some posters on here believe we won't get £15m more on that price for Grealish.

Funny old game isn't it.

As much as we'll sell him, and want outgoings done early. Itd be interesting to wait until a few British players have been sold internally. It's impossible to gauge the market until then. 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

There is a difference between a luxury player and just not a world beater. El ghazi is fine but plays in a team with no movement off the ball so when he receives the ball there is never a pass on so he will often have to attempt to beat multiple players which is incredibly difficult. The number of chances we have missed off of his crosses or the number of times we could have put him through in one on one situations this season are staggering but we don't because players play the pass too late or make the run too late. 

If el ghazi played for even just Brighton he would have similar stats to Harvey Barnes in my opinion because they have off the ball movement and people who attack balls in the box which we lack and it kills most of our attacks. He is an average Premier league winger right now and the fact that people on here deny that is ridiculous. People have said they want sare who has scored and assisted the same number of goals as el ghazi had this season. 

El Ghazi will never be an average Premier League winger. He was barely even an average Championship winger. 

Sorry Moto, no one can convince me our wingers are anything but dreadful! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I would of agree but keeping Trezegeut and Ghazi for me is another no, need a complete new set of wingers what ever league we are in.

Selling both of them would be bloody idiotic imo. They're not the best group of wingers, but they are our only wingers at this point. If we sell both, then we will need to bring in 3/4, which is similar to what we thought last year, and we ended up with only the two of them which was extremely short sighted. We need at least one of them to stay as cover/backup. I would be fine selling one of them, provided we can bring 2 (or 3) more in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Basically we need to not sign any shit players. It’s a brave strategy, but it might just work. 

It's really really really easy to not sign bad players.

Suso out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Salisu to Southampton for £10m.

Heavens above that's a bargain.

Suso out.

We need someone who knows what the buyout clauses are for players. Minamino is an example of this and then moving early so we can get said player. Salisu too 10.9 million. It's scandalous the amount of players we've missed out on because we're so effing slow!

12 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Basically we need to not sign any shit players. It’s a brave strategy, but it might just work. 

The problem is one mans meat is another mans poison and we have been feasting on poison for the last decade. 

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

It's really really really easy to not sign bad players.

Suso out.

My comment about not signing shit players was tongue in cheek. I’d say no need for sarcasm, but there’s always a need for sarcasm :)

• Like 1

If we were to stay up I'd go out and get Talisca who was sold by besiktas to China in jan 2019. Attacking midfielder with bags of class and can score. The only reason he went in 2019 was besiktas were forced to sell because they were mired in financial troubles as were a host of teams in the Turkish top flight. he is a seriously good player and would be a great player to have. Tall as well.

32 minutes ago, peterw said:

If we were to stay up I'd go out and get Talisca who was sold by besiktas to China in jan 2019. Attacking midfielder with bags of class and can score. The only reason he went in 2019 was besiktas were forced to sell because they were mired in financial troubles as were a host of teams in the Turkish top flight. he is a seriously good player and would be a great player to have. Tall as well.

Is on a cool €180k/w in China apparently. But once his contract ends in 2022 he will be forced under the new €49k/w wage cap.