Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

13 minutes ago, omariqy said:

The consequences of so many bad decisions.

Realistically this is what our squad will look like if we go down. We need a CB, 2/3 CMs, 3 wingers at least.

Heaton, Steer, Nyland

Guilbert, Elmo

Konsa, Hause, Engels

Targett, Taylor

Hourihane, Nakamba

Jota

Wesley, Davis, Samatta

I’m resigned to losing Grealish but this also assumes we will lose McGinn, Luis, Mings, Trez and AEG! I think it’s possible that we retain all of them

We also have three or four youngsters who will come into first team reckoning too

I wouldn’t be surprised if Engels leaves as it seems there has been a fall out

Dependant on who leaves I think we will bring in perhaps four -  CB, DCM, AM, winger/striker

I don’t see this as a rebuild at all, just normal squad maintenance with a net neutral spend if we get what we want for Jack

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

I’m resigned to losing Grealish but this also assumes we will lose McGinn, Luis, Mings, Trez and AEG! I think it’s possible that we retain all of them

We also have three or four youngsters who will come into first team reckoning too

I wouldn’t be surprised if Engels leaves as it seems there has been a fall out

Dependant on who leaves I think we will bring in perhaps four -  CB, DCM, AM, winger/striker

I don’t see this as a rebuild at all, just normal squad maintenance with a net neutral spend if we get what we want for Jack

Mings will go to someone like Everton and Luiz will move to City I think. Trez seems a shoe in to return to Turkey if you believe the reports. El Ghazi's agent will get him a move. McGinn is the only one that could stay I think. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Mings will go to someone like Everton and Luiz will move to City I think. Trez seems a shoe in to return to Turkey if you believe the reports. El Ghazi's agent will get him a move. McGinn is the only one that could stay I think. 

You seem very certain. Mings is the most likely but it wouldn’t surprise me if he stays. AEG and Trez will be up to us if we want to keep them. If Luis goes anywhere, which I doubt, I would bet money that it’s not back to City

I wouldn't call it a rebuild but people are underestimating how crammed the fixture schedule will be. Think of our three seasons in championship and the constant Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday grind. We will have to do that again next season in six less weeks.

Even if we stay up prem will also be put in shorter timeframe.

So we will need a bigger squad than next year regardless. Let's not forget we pretty much played four months of this season with just one senior striker to pick from and then three weeks in January we had no strikers to pick from. Not something we should try again next season.

Edited by VillaChris

19 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

My suggestion:- Baptiste Santamaria (Angers SCO) France.. His age  25 year's old a solid DCM.

another what appears to be a good shout

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

My suggestion:- Baptiste Santamaria (Angers SCO) France.. His age  25 year's old a solid DCM.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

another what appears to be a good shout

We tried to sign him in the summer and Jan transfer window I believe.

Not sure if we wouldn't match their valuation, or he didn't want to come?

Our biggest single problem in the last decade is.......we give big money to folk who can't spend it wisely.

some clubs always moan that they don't have money......but we have......and still it hasn't worked.

so, so depressing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Our biggest single problem in the last decade is.......we give big money to folk who can't spend it wisely.

some clubs always moan that they don't have money......but we have......and still it hasn't worked.

so, so depressing.

In my opinion, if we finish 17th this season, it has worked

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

In my opinion, if we finish 17th this season, it has worked

This is absolutely spot on

We had to make a massive squad overhaul, we couldn’t afford or FFP precluded us from signing the quality required to assure PL survival. We took a gamble with a half ready squad, hoping for 17th and the chance to complete the rebuild this summer.

There are numerous people on here everyday who are failing to grasp this - baffling! 

• Like 4

there are always one or two that want to leave that you can't legislate for but I think heaton; Mings; McGinn will stay. There is likely to be interest in McGinn and if someone comes in with a id, as Everton did with Gueye, it will be difficult to keep them. However, we are in a better position to say no than we did when we last stayed down. I think El Ghazi will be sold and a decision will be made on trez internally. I think we may also sell nakamba and Samatta as I don't see them as Championship type players. Although nakamba could be dependent on what happens to Luiz, although I suspect he would be off. Also, Samatta may be dependent on what happens with Wesley. We need more pace in the team - out of every issue that has been raised this season that is the most pressing and our lack of it.

We don't want to mess with our spine too much, as that is the basis of all good teams. heaton - Mings - McGinn/Luiz - Wesley would be more than good enough for the Championship, and should (and probably would) have been good enough to stay up in the Prem (obviously you'd add Jack in there but either way i think he needs to go next season - for the good of us both). Add pace around that and I think we'll be decent next season (whether going up or pushing up the Prem table).

Will be very interesting to see who we go for once the transfer window opens.

We will lose grealish but I really hope we can convince the rest to stay (mings, mcginn, Luiz etc).

I really hope we make some early moves, need to get the new players integrated ASAP.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Will be very interesting to see who we go for once the transfer window opens.

We will lose grealish but I really hope we can convince the rest to stay (mings, mcginn, Luiz etc).

I really hope we make some early moves, need to get the new players integrated ASAP.

I hope we can stay up and build a side around those players that you mentioned, maybe I’m hoping for a bit much

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If it is Championship football and Mings and Engels go in the summer and another centre back is needed then Daragh Lenihan from Blackburn wouldn't be a bad shout. Out of contract in 12 month, 26 years of age, good player and seems a good character.

I want to see a blend of players like this - good characters - and perhaps a professional jerk to go somewhere on the pitch to give us some arrogance. 

• Like 1

On 16/07/2020 at 06:52, VillaCas said:

This is absolutely spot on

We had to make a massive squad overhaul, we couldn’t afford or FFP precluded us from signing the quality required to assure PL survival. We took a gamble with a half ready squad, hoping for 17th and the chance to complete the rebuild this summer.

There are numerous people on here everyday who are failing to grasp this - baffling! 

No they are not.....we just don't buy it, as much as you and others do.

The players are worse now than when the season started.....how is that progress....sure we have stopped haemorraging goals in numbers......but we still fail to defend leads.

All our best players are worse, only Luiz has improved......our Stats are pants.

how you can't grasp that, I find Baffling.

ps we scored last night due to 2 players who are not regulars.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

If it is Championship football and Mings and Engels go in the summer and another centre back is needed then Daragh Lenihan from Blackburn wouldn't be a bad shout. Out of contract in 12 month, 26 years of age, good player and seems a good character.

It is championship football.....because we have a championship manager.