Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

18 hours ago, PieFacE said:

If we do stay up (which is a big if) I would absolutely do this.

Would keep Trez and El-Ghazi but replace them both with better quality.

Would buy another striker to compete with Wesley and loan Davis out to the Championship with an option to recall

Would buy another right back and maybe a CB depending on what's going on with Engles. 

Would buy a proper DM to replace Lansbury

Then if Jack goes, use the money to replace him. 

I would of agree but keeping Trezegeut and Ghazi for me is another no, need a complete new set of wingers what ever league we are in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

I would of agree but keeping Trezegeut and Ghazi for me is another no, need a complete new set of wingers what ever league we are in.

Would be a big ask to sign 4-5 new wide players in one summer as Jota and Grealish are also likely to move.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we stay up, I think we should steal the best players from the teams that go down. And before you say ‘but they got relegated so they can’t be good’, look at Grealish, Mings and Luiz. All comfortably Premier League players and I wouldn’t mind 3 more of those types.

So,
Sarr, Delofeu, Brooks, Doucoure, Billing, Ake, Wilson, Buendia, Cantwell. 

All of those would improve us and you could probably pick up 3 of them for the price of a Grealish. 

Anyway, we won’t stay up, so none of this matters. 

Absolutely agree, it would be wise to pick up a few players, the best out of relegated teams. I bet you some of the top 6 will each go for a player from those that go down that includes us to.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Would be a big ask to sign 4-5 new wide players in one summer as Jota and Grealish are also likely to move.

Yeah I know, would have to be another four Wingers. At most I'd keep Trez and get rid of Ghazi, I just dont favour him anymore at Villa, has not done nothing since start of season.

Would take a big showing in our last two games from him for me to possibly, say yeah ok let's give him a whirl next season. Even then I think our last two games Ghazi shouldn't be picked as sub, I think Youth should get the chance now since we dont have anyone else better.

Edited by Dave-R

If we do stay up, unlikely as it seems, I don't think we should be looking to let anyone leave who could play a part. We need to be adding to the group of a more settled squad whilst letting the absolute lowest squad members leave. 

For example, we need to bring in a big, proper DM. Another central midfielder would allow Lansbury to leave. 

2 new starting wingers are needed, so el ghazi and trez should drop to squad players. Jota, who has shown absolutely nothing in his time here, should be the one to leave. We automatically improve our wingers and depth in those positions. 

Letting lots leave this summer would mean more need to come in. Then, that transfer budget is squashed into more players, like last summer, rather than adding 3/4 more quality players which come at a higher premium.

• Like 2

Oh yes let's completely shit on el ghazi despite the fact he has is the direct cause of our 2nd most goals (although it should be more for both goals and assists) with 4 goals and assists. This is getting to be ridiculous the amount of abuse he is getting on here is stupid. We don't play with an overlapping right back so it is hard for wingers to create or do anything because they are always doubled up on.

El ghazi can be a good ayer for us no matter what league we are in and if we finish 10th in the prem next year I wouldn't be surprised to see el ghazi finishing with 7 and 7 because people would finish his crosses and there would be less pressure in him to score.

I also think the abuse trez gets is crazy and I think we might see an improved player next season with more time to learn the language but it seems like a move to the Turkish league is probably already a done deal. 

• Like 2

Buendia would certainly be a realistic target if we stay up, all for it. He has dreams of playing for Argentina so wouldn't be an N'zogbia situation at all imo. Rodrigo De Paul is another I'd love to see us target, scored again for Udinese yesterday.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we stay up, I think we should steal the best players from the teams that go down. And before you say ‘but they got relegated so they can’t be good’, look at Grealish, Mings and Luiz. All comfortably Premier League players and I wouldn’t mind 3 more of those types.

So,
Sarr, Delofeu, Brooks, Doucoure, Billing, Ake, Wilson, Buendia, Cantwell. 

All of those would improve us and you could probably pick up 3 of them for the price of a Grealish. 

Anyway, we won’t stay up, so none of this matters. 

Not a fan of all of them.

Sarr, Delofeu, Brooks, Doucoure, Billing, Buendia - yes.

Think he's been mentioned before but Djene at Getafe is a very strong and commanding CB. They missed out on europe and he's 28 now so feels like they'd cash in on him if they got good offers.

Always like N'Koulou ever since his Monaco days aswell. Now at Torino but 30 so not sure with the policy we have we'd target a CB that old which I feel would be a big error for second summer in a row.

2 minutes ago, MCU said:

Sarr looked quality against West Ham to be fair. 

He's still a bit raw in decision making but has obvious pace and quality. Pretty sure they signed him for 30m though so think he'd just cost too much.

Sarr would cost ridiculous money, has looked better than Adama whenever I've seen him play, and will likely be going to a much better placed club than us. I think we could do with a player with similar qualities to him though if possible.

Edited by useless

There was a few reports last night that Huddersfield have agreed to sell Karlan Grant to an unnamed championship club for £15m. So we've missed out on him if that's true, although £15m seems quite expensive.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Sarr would cost ridiculous money, has looked better than Adama whenever I've seen him play, and will likely be going to a much better placed club than us. I think we could do with a player with similar qualities to him though if possible.

Step up... SUSO!

Oh wait.

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Oh yes let's completely shit on el ghazi despite the fact he has is the direct cause of our 2nd most goals (although it should be more for both goals and assists) with 4 goals and assists. This is getting to be ridiculous the amount of abuse he is getting on here is stupid. We don't play with an overlapping right back so it is hard for wingers to create or do anything because they are always doubled up on.

El ghazi can be a good ayer for us no matter what league we are in and if we finish 10th in the prem next year I wouldn't be surprised to see el ghazi finishing with 7 and 7 because people would finish his crosses and there would be less pressure in him to score.

I also think the abuse trez gets is crazy and I think we might see an improved player next season with more time to learn the language but it seems like a move to the Turkish league is probably already a done deal. 

I completely disagree. In his 64 appearances in a Villa shirt, I’d argue he’s had 6 good games at most. 

I remember wanting him gone when we were playing in championship but for some unbeknown reason we decided to stick with him in the Premier League as a starting player. Look how that’s gone. 

He’s one of those, ‘on his day he’s unplayable’ types. Only, he isn’t, because he’s not, and even if he was, that ‘unplayable day’ happens once in ten matches.

The highest praise I can give him is that he’s a luxury player. 
There is absolutely no way I want him here next season regardless of which division we’re in. Same goes for Trez too who is arguably worse. 

I'm sorry, but our wide options are an absolute joke and are so far off what is required in this division. It's one of the main reasons we are where we are in the league. Everything falls down when they get on the ball.

Awful. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 1

Wonder if the Christian Luyindama from Galatasaray thing is still on even if we are relegated and if it's part of any deal involving Trezeguet (or Samatta).

Probably not I imagine.

3 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

I'd prefer Marcao if we could do a swap deal!

Not really seen any of them play tbh but Luyindama is the one Turkish media have been linking us with all season.