Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Why have Villa got rid of several of their young players when there is a distinct possibility of relegation?

Young players like O’Hare, Murphy and Ramsey if gone too would have been very good squad fillers in the Championship.

Just now, striker said:

Why have Villa got rid of several of their young players when there is a distinct possibility of relegation?

Young players like O’Hare, Murphy and Ramsey if gone too would have been very good squad fillers in the Championship.

Ramsey hasn't gone anywhere.

• Like 2

We've got potentially better players than O'Hare and Murphy coming through our youth system at the moment that's why they've been let go, to make room for those players.

Plus neither of O'Hare or Hepburn-Murphy have done anything at championship level to indicate that they'd be worth taking up a place in our squad, whereas the likes of Barry, Philogene-Bidace, Archer, Vassilve and Jacob Ramsey we can use without them being named in the official 25 man squad.

Green who's much more proven than O'Hare or Hepburn-Murphy is hardly getting a game for Charlton who are struggling.

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unlike us (or our fans I should say) Leeds stayed resolute in keeping their best players.

Bar Jack, I reckon our best bit of transfer business should be to stay bullish about keeping ours.

They are under contract, and bare responsibility for our plight. 

IMO they have an obligation to give us at least one more year to make it right.

Actually Philips didn't want to come. 

Was going to suggest Bright Osayi-Samuel as a possibility as he's looked decent the few times I've seen QPR this season, but didn't because I think if we're serious about coming straight back up automatically we need better in the wide positions.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Bright Osayi-Samuel from Reading linked with Brugge.

Be interested to see the fee because he's better than El Ghazi or Trez. 

sure if we keep Suso he might get offered him from Engels agent in 2 years ;) 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

I think O'Hare refused a contract. I guess they don't rate Hepburn Murphy, who last I heard was in the Derby reserves.

EDIT: Wow. He signed for Pafos in the Cypriot top division. So maybe he's just not very good.

https://pafosfc.com.cy/archives/4454

Edited by Rolta

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

If we go down, we'd be crazy not to make a punt for kieron dowell. He's absolutely bossing it. Everton will buy big and he won't be part of their plans.

I think he’s Premier League quality 

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

If we go down, we'd be crazy not to make a punt for kieron dowell. He's absolutely bossing it. Everton will buy big and he won't be part of their plans.

Not a bad shout, but whether Everton would entertain a sale i’m not so sure?  

Personally, if Bournemouth drop I’d go all out for Billing, as they will be in a financial mess. Then if McGinn was sold, I’d replace him with Swift at Reading. Perfect replacement and possibly gettable for under £5m.  

Billing

Swift            Hourihane 

Think the above 3 would be more than decent in the Championship. Hopefully we can keep McGinn and/or Luiz though. 

Watched some of the Brentford match this morning. The moment Fosu came on for Brentford their attack saw a major boost. Looked a pretty good player but I know nothing about him and he came on late so may just have had a good spurt. 

30 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Not a bad shout, but whether Everton would entertain a sale i’m not so sure?  

Personally, if Bournemouth drop I’d go all out for Billing, as they will be in a financial mess. Then if McGinn was sold, I’d replace him with Swift at Reading. Perfect replacement and possibly gettable for under £5m.  

Billing

Swift            Hourihane 

Think the above 3 would be more than decent in the Championship. Hopefully we can keep McGinn and/or Luiz though. 

I've watched Bournemouth. Billing looks very lazy and slow. He's big and physical in the middle of the part but teams cut right through them. Lewis Cook be a good signing i think.

18 hours ago, thabucks said:

So moving to sales we are gunna need a whole new midfield no doubt. Just guestimating I reckon we will receive around £140 million in sales 

Mings £30 million

McGinn £25-30million

Douglas Luiz £25million

Grealish £60-72 million 

Trez loan 

El Ghazi £8-10million 

Kalinic & Nyland meh £0

Do we trust Suso to buy a new midfield for the championship slog... Glad it’s not my call!

I would want a minimum of an extra £15m for the first two and for the fourth named above. I think our owners, would play hard ball for those four. If we get offered less, then they are going nowhere, I hope... 

I assume the £25m for Douglas would be his sell on clause? I think that we might be waiting a very long time, for someone to bid £8-£10m for El Ghazi, after that miss. Norwich are saying they have no need to sell anyone, so I hope we will see it that way too, should we join them in the EFL next season. Although, some players will no doubt, not want to hang around. If we stay up, Cantwell and Buendia, might be two that we should consider.

I've been having a thought about where we would need to strengthen, should we stay up as well (ever the optimist ;)). I was thinking a striker that scores goals is vital, a couple of wide players, a defensive midfield player and perhaps one or even two defenders. How about £25m-£40m each, given FFP won't be an issue next season. That would be a lot of money, but I anticipate that we will get some money in as well. For me, we would need to take advantage of the transfer market to avoid another season like this one. 

One thing that seems sure, is that we have a busy window to come. What we get in for players leaving, may end up being somewhere near both of our estimates.  How many will leave should we go down, will hopefully be a little less than we suspect.       

Edited by John

6 hours ago, striker said:

The reality is that during our last championship stint we didn't use the youth team and didn't give these guys a sniff, now its 2/3 years too late for them 

If (when) we get relegated we can't repeat the same mistake but at the same time we can't have 21 year olds playing 5 minutes a week whilst our 18 year olds are nowhere near the first team, we have to admit we **** it up with the last lot* move on and get the next lot up

* ohare is the only real **** up, the others aren't good enough, throw suliman in there too who left this year already

• Like 1