Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

4 hours ago, sne said:

Arda Turan on probation for breaking the nose on a guy in a nightclub and then showing up at the hospital with a gun asking the guy he beat up to shoot and kill him.

Would be a terrific signing, makes signing Drinkwater look a like a stroke of genius.

I didn’t know that, if I did, I wouldn’t have suggested him 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

now we are almost guaranteed Premiership football next season I would still spend the 150 million but on four or five players this time

If we do stay up (which is a big if) I would absolutely do this.

Would keep Trez and El-Ghazi but replace them both with better quality.

Would buy another striker to compete with Wesley and loan Davis out to the Championship with an option to recall

Would buy another right back and maybe a CB depending on what's going on with Engles. 

Would buy a proper DM to replace Lansbury

Then if Jack goes, use the money to replace him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we do stay up (which is a big if) I would absolutely do this.

Would keep Trez and El-Ghazi but replace them both with better quality.

Would buy another striker to compete with Wesley and loan Davis out to the Championship with an option to recall

Would buy another right back and maybe a CB depending on what's going on with Engles. 

Would buy a proper DM to replace Lansbury

Then if Jack goes, use the money to replace him. 

In this scenario I see no point in keeping El Ghazi and Trez. Keep the one with the most potential and reinvest the cash for the other. 

I'd also loan out Wes not Davis, but that's me. 

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

In this scenario I see no point in keeping El Ghazi and Trez. Keep the one with the most potential and reinvest the cash for the other. 

I'd also loan out Wes not Davis, but that's me. 

Can understand why you'd think that. But we need options. Trez is also a great marketing tool. 

Well, one can score goals in this league and other can't. The choice is a simple one for me. 

Not that simple for me. El Ghazi is a better winger atm. Trez works harder and is a better striker. I'd ignore marketing stuff as I know nothing about it. 

I think I'd keep Trez over El Ghazi for the simple fact that Electrolux's attitude sucks and always has. 

Ability you can work with to a certain degree, shit attitude you can't. 

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Can understand why you'd think that. But we need options. Trez is also a great marketing tool. 

Well, one can score goals in this league and other can't. The choice is a simple one for me. 

Agree

We need 4 wingers ideally, trez and AEG become wingers 3 and 4, wingers 1 and 2 need buying 

I might be wrong here but we have no young wide player about to break through

Jota isn't going to cut it and jack will be gone 

In terms of squad depth selling both doesn't make much sense even if they aren't good enough, cashing in on them might generate £15m tops 

• Like 1

If we stay up, I think we should steal the best players from the teams that go down. And before you say ‘but they got relegated so they can’t be good’, look at Grealish, Mings and Luiz. All comfortably Premier League players and I wouldn’t mind 3 more of those types.

So,
Sarr, Delofeu, Brooks, Doucoure, Billing, Ake, Wilson, Buendia, Cantwell. 

All of those would improve us and you could probably pick up 3 of them for the price of a Grealish. 

Anyway, we won’t stay up, so none of this matters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we stay up, I think we should steal the best players from the teams that go down. And before you say ‘but they got relegated so they can’t be good’, look at Grealish, Mings and Luiz. All comfortably Premier League players and I wouldn’t mind 3 more of those types.

So,

All of those would improve us and you could probably pick up 3 of them for the price of a Grealish. 

I mean merely Cantwell. How much better would we have been with him in the team instead of Trez or Elghazi? That alone would probably have added 10 or more points to our tally. 

We've been so so poor on the wing. 

• Like 1

For anyone interested, former reported target Piotr Parzyczek is playing on channel 64 Free Sports, he looks excellent so far, one that got that got away I think. As I’m typing, he’s just sent a shot whistling past the far post

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For anyone interested, former reported target Piotr Parzyczek is playing on channel 64 Free Sports, he looks excellent so far, one that got that got away I think. As I’m typing, he’s just sent a shot whistling past the far post

Oh yeah i remember him!  Released on free by Charlton after just 1 game? Think they paid about £450k for him too from De Graafschap.

tenor.gif?itemid=14318181

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Oh yeah i remember him?  Released on free by Charlton after 1 game? Think they paid about £450k for him

tenor.gif?itemid=14318181

It was the first time I had seen him play but he looked fantastic, not that you’d trust my opinion :)

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So,

Any of Sarr, Delofeu, Buendia or Cantwell would greatly improve us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

So,

Delofeu has had a serious cruciate ligament, whilst a good player Undoubtedly it would be a concern whether he’d come back as good.

Sarr being linked to Liverpool, so would be a big ask to sign him. 

Ake, linked to Utd, again could be too much. 

Cantwell, would be the one. Looks a very good player. I said it in another thread, I actually think he’ll be better through the middle rather than out wide. I actually think he could mould himself like Henderson. Has great energy so could play the b2b role, has a good passing range and seems to have some right in him.

Haven’t seen loads of the others but definitely look to some good attributes