Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Even striker duo:- Ian 'Selly' Sellick &  Glenn Rix from mid 80's Football TV Series "Jossy's Giant's" would score more.

81yDvx8paqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I loved Jossy's Giants when I was a kid!

Off to search Youtube

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Heard about this kid but everytime I settle down to watch a Valladolid match nothing happens and it ends 0-0, they make Lambert Villa like Brazil 1970.

Southampton seem to be playing the market agian like it's 2014 as it seems they're going to be selling Hjoberg for 40m. He's an alright midfielder but pretty slow so yet another example of Everton paying way over the top for mediocre premier league talent.

As a centre half, that's a good sign for him I'd say.

Many Southampton signings are annoyingly sensible.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

As a centre half, that's a good sign for him I'd say.

Many Southampton signings are annoyingly sensible.

They lost their way a few years back signing Lemina, Guido Carrilo and Elynoussi for over 50m. Angus Gunn cost them about 14m aswell.

Have to say if they don't want Stuart Armstrong I'd love him here whether we stay up or go down.

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They lost their way a few years back signing Lemina, Guido Carrilo and Elynoussi for over 50m. Angus Gunn cost them about 14m aswell.

Have to say if they don't want Stuart Armstrong I'd love him here whether we stay up or go down.

I don’t think that Armstrong would drop down a division

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Heard about this kid but everytime I settle down to watch a Valladolid match nothing happens and it ends 0-0, they make Lambert Villa like Brazil 1970.

Southampton seem to be playing the market agian like it's 2014 as it seems they're going to be selling Hjoberg for 40m. He's an alright midfielder but pretty slow so yet another example of Everton paying way over the top for mediocre premier league talent.

I thought Hojberg was going to Spurs with Walker Peters going other way

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought Hojberg was going to Spurs with Walker Peters going other way

Spurs handed Dier a new deal today. They're pretty sacked in midfeld with Winks, Sissoko, Lo Celso so don't really see the need for Hojberg.

With the numerous links to our players with moves to Turkey if not BS then I’d like To see us use them as bait towards one of the following players - Muriqi, Sorloth, Abdülkadir Ömür (next Turkish Messi/Bernardo Silva)  or maybe even cheeky bid for Ugurcan Cakir? We need a striker, x2 wingers. A Declan Rice is what we need in CM ... He does like the villa 🤔obviously is not gunna happen but a tall robust technical CDM to compliment McGinn & Luiz. Oh and no doubt jack’s replacement(s)... We have so much resting on Sunday & McGrath I hope we do it UTV!

We shouldn’t need lots of new players. We should try and manage a couple out and then hit three big signings if we can. 

Striker

Midfielder 

Left Back

all good enough to gut that first team XI regularly. 

those three alone could be £100m though. 

I don’t think we should be trying to build a new squad. 

7 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

We shouldn’t need lots of new players. We should try and manage a couple out and then hit three big signings if we can. 

Striker

Midfielder 

Left Back

Yup, a few upgrades to key positions in the starting XI. Might cost as much as we spent last summer but we have the squad for that now. In that respect, this season was a massive success if we stay up.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, thabucks said:

With the numerous links to our players with moves to Turkey if not BS then I’d like To see us use them as bait towards one of the following players - Muriqi, Sorloth, Abdülkadir Ömür (next Turkish Messi/Bernardo Silva)  or maybe even cheeky bid for Ugurcan Cakir? We need a striker, x2 wingers. A Declan Rice is what we need in CM ... He does like the villa 🤔obviously is not gunna happen but a tall robust technical CDM to compliment McGinn & Luiz. Oh and no doubt jack’s replacement(s)... We have so much resting on Sunday & McGrath I hope we do it UTV!

Isnt Sorloth still owned by Palace? 

12 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

Striker

Midfielder 

Left Back

I think we need at least 2 wingers and a striker. Then a utility player ala Grayson. I love a good utility player. We haven't had a decent utility player for a while.

I think the dilemma we face is ......In the past when Gates meant something, we had a bit of money and picked up players, where others clubs, struggled to make ends meet and they would reluctantly see decent players......Now with TV every club we look at to buy there players are awash with money, so we have to pay over the odds.

That means more than ever, the quality of the scouts is paramount.

long gone are the easy pickings.

14 hours ago, Mister_a said:

Anyone have any idea what this means in reality? Apart from being fined for selling the ground.

I took it to mean that the revenue associated from playing in the Premier League (and possibly the parachute payments) will ensure if we are relegated we'll still be able to meet the EFL's FFP rules.

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Agree with those who feel we should build on top of what we got opposed to clearing out a bunch of players.  I would add 1 Striker, 1 Winger, 1 LB and 1 MF to "replace" Jack.

The winger should come regardless of Jack status. For Jack, it’s an attacking midfielder that is needed. Such as Eze.

If we stay up and Brentford failed to come up, I’d be more than happy to go back for Benrahma. Their striker also seem to be great. They’ll be hard to deal with, but I think that Benrahma quality is a known one at the moment. 

I won’t say no to Doucoure, Sarr or Delofeu too had we stay up.