Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

7 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'd have thought you'd be quite happy with this considering he'd already signed for Man Utd in March. Wonder what his dad is spending the bung on.

What percentage of the sale did Spurs get?

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I understand, but they do strengthen us. But it’s £30m and barely improves us. Hopefully the decent upgrades are taking time but will arrive.

Bloody hell, I remember when £30m got us Milner, Young & Downing...

I do think Matty Cash has the potential to be worth alot more in years to come so that is a good investment of a signing imo.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 4

This is the challenge if we want to kick on. Smaller fees and lower wages will get you the Samattas and the Gilberts and the Konsas of this world. However if you are going to sign top level, ready made players to improve the first team, you need to pay bigger fees and wages at some point. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

So we want a player who improves us, but for not too much money, and not too much wages. But also not someone we spend too little money on as that’ll mean they’re rubbish. Who also isn’t too young, as they’ll be a prospect and not immediately good, and isn’t too old because they need to have resale value. 

Blimey.

You just cant win...😉

7 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Few more names, any thoughts on these guys?

Donyel Mallen - PSV

Marcus Thuram - Monchengladbach

Leon Bailey - Leverkusen 

Luka Jovic - Real Madrid

Federico Chiesa - Fiorentina

Jeremie Boga - Sassuolo

Absolutely no chance of getting any of them, I'm afraid. This is what I was talking about the other day - I think you need to be more realistic with your expectations.

• Like 3

I get the feeling a lot of Villa fans are out of touch when comes to fees and wages. The 3 years we were away the Premier League went into a different stratosphere and we are playing catch up.  Clubs like West Ham and Everton have spent fortunes and barely stood still.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

I would absolutely  love Takefusa Kubo, very fast, skilled player who doesnt give up the chase, hes relentless. Plays like Grealish but on the right can also play Left and in attacking midfield. If it were one of those players I'd go all out for I'd be handing madrid 60 mill for the Youngster if I had to.

Screw it people will think I'm nuts but I'd just say to Madrid what's it going to bloody take. I'd just do there head in with repeated phone calls and offers lol, prob a good job I'm not a manager.

There was a rumour in the press that we had a loan bid rejected for him.

This is a unique transfer window in many respects and one that could be transitional for many clubs. It’s a small window time at an unusual time of year. Clubs may not be able to do as much business or their long term transfer targets shift. The club has shifted much needed attention to the academy and to the recruitment staff. If they can bring in players to improve on the positions we have it will bring in short term gains. The club needs to reestablish itself in the league. 

Chelsea are buying big because of their transfer ban scare. It’s inflating what is otherwise a pretty quiet transfer market. Everton’s policy is to throw big money at misfits from bigger clubs and see what sticks. We aren’t those clubs. 

Long-term transfers take time but we’ve seen before how quickly things shift. This is about finding the right kind of quality and the types of players that are good investments for the club both as players and personalities. The structure is there. And I’m sure things are being worked on. 

We had to build a squad last year and we don’t  now. It’s as much a waiting game. It’s frustrating indeed but stuff is being done. We have a great set of owners and the management setup now will be stronger for the likes of Shakespeare. Not to mention the exciting young players we’ve signed. On top of the expected likes of Cash. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 4

Real Madrid have shown for the last few years they've got time, they're not bringing through kids really young or cashing in on them, they're giving casemiro, valverde, odegaard, reguillon etc years in the B team or on loan then bringing them through at 20 or 21

Kubo will be the same, 1 more year on loan maybe 2 then he'll get his chance 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I for one am happy for Villa to play a more patient game. if we can weave together an effective squad, and then bring through academy prospects who we have invested in recently, alongside a settled management team for the forseeable - I think it will see us better off than West Ham and Everton in a couple of years. 

We have a good opportunity to build a proper team right now. We're not shackled down by players on big money who are no good, and we have a nice spine - Grealish, Luiz, Mings/Konsa - to build around.

I'm feeling positive 👍

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 1