Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And if 1 of those 40 - 50 mill players get injured, or both, we are back in the same boat.

Facts are we still need to improve the squad as a whole, and we don't have unlimited money to spend.

As I wrote in a post earlier in the thread. This is the phase where we solidify the squad and position. So we are not left bare bones when we have injuries or lack.of form. Have players just as good if not better ready to fill in AND provide higher competition to improve everyone.

Next season is when I think we can start to see the level up signings to tweak.

For all you know, we could very well still see a marquee player this window as well.

My issue is the first XI aren’t good enough.  We survived by a miracle final four games, to risk that again with the same team plus some more squad players is too risky.  What was it? 27 points after 34 games or something close to that. A few average additions is too much risk.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

People were desperate for Smith to keep his job and to have a bigger say in the transfer market, I think what we are now seeing is people having their wishes granted.

I must admit, I don't remember this being the view of many.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As I wrote in a post earlier in the thread. This is the phase where we solidify the squad and position. So we are not left bare bones when we have injuries or lack.of form. Have players just as good if not better ready to fill in AND provide higher competition to improve everyone.

I cannot argue with this JV.

I think we will be looking to strengthen where we are short in areas while also upgrading positions with quality where possible?

As you also mentioned in another part of your post, we won't be spending unlimited amounts of money, fwiw I think approx £150m again over 6/7 positions wouldn't be a disappointing window.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Guessing you would be delighted if we signed Drinkwater and Lingard with their 6 figure/week wages?

They've both won the league doncha know.

No, I wouldn't. I didn't name a player. I just commented on the reaction to every single rumored signing. 

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Can't find the post now but Milik was mentioned as Napoli have said he's available.

Should be #1 priority ahead of Wilson and Watkins.

Will cost less than Watkins and have lower salary than Wilson.

Milik is going to Roma.

For whatever it's worth to whomever finds it worth anything

xGoals in 2019-20

Callum Wilson: 10.0
Wesley: 5.2

xGoals (non-penalty)

Callum Wilson: 10.0
Wesley: 4.3

xG per 90

Callum Wilson: 0.31
Wesley: 0.26

xG per 90 (non-penalty)

Callum Wilson: 0.31
Wesley: 0.22

xG+xA per 90

Callum Wilson: 0.41
Wesley: 0.30

It's not the signing we want, but it certainly raises the floor of our production. Nor do I believe it precludes us from signing Watkins, who is somebody who can play out wide and centrally.

Also, this could all just be a negotiating tactic to get Brentford to lower the price on Watkins.

• Like 1

I think we have completely f*cked this window. Can’t attract the players we really need and want, and the promising/risky ones (Benrahma/Watkins/Edouard etc) are being priced out (honestly: Watkins at £28m). Clubs know we have deep pockets and are trying their luck, we will lose out if we wait until the end of the window, our need to buy is greater than their need to sell. Purslow runs the risk of being schooled. I also think our shopping list is pretty one dimensional.

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I think we have completely f*cked this window. Can’t attract the players we really need and want, and the promising/risky ones (Benrahma/Watkins/Edouard etc) are being priced out (honestly: Watkins at £28m). Clubs know we have deep pockets and are trying their luck, we will lose out if we wait until the end of the window, our need to buy is greater than their need to sell. Purslow runs the risk of being schooled. I also think our shopping list is pretty one dimensional.

I’m in agreement, whoever is selling Villa to thirds players is doing an awful job. 

think we’re going to have a championship squad at the rate we’re going, in fairness cash & Watkins could do better than the championship and can be successful in their own right but I’m underwhelmed. 

I keep hearing back where we belong, in Europe etc etc I’m sorry Calum Wilson doesn’t get you top 6. I see mid table Jack carrying us again and him going next summer, this is poor

41 minutes ago, MadridVilla said:

9B694011-7807-46DD-B161-4E979762CB30.thumb.jpeg.5b174e4aaab5de607d10ccb0a0845b11.jpeg

Fear not VT, my sources at Kitbag are telling me we're about to make a triple swoop for Ronaldo, Messi and Neymar.

Announcement must be imminent?

and the return of the deadly duo Baston and Drinkwater

3 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I'd hold your rockets just there mate..

There was that worrying factor, but I think we have today started seeing movement and I wouldn't start to write things off yet yet...

Yes Purslow will have a few eyes on him if it's deemed a poor window come Oct 5th.

We've got approx 33 days to make things happen and I have a quiet feeling that we will.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

How do you know what our shopping list is and that we can't attract them? None of us. Not one of us on here knows the players we are interested in.

True all we can go on is who we sign first. That will give us a idea.

24 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I cannot argue with this JV.

I think we will be looking to strengthen where we are short in areas while also upgrading positions with quality where possible?

As you also mentioned in another part of your post, we won't be spending unlimited amounts of money, fwiw I think approx £150m again over 6/7 positions wouldn't be a disappointing window.

6 or 7 in at an average spend of over 20m each?  I think 99% of VT would be over the moon with that.

I am expecting 5 tops with a total spend of around 80m.

But I obviously hope you are nearer the mark than I am.