Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Spray said:

That list is pretty crazy considering Dortmund bought Haaland for only £18m in January.

I think he had a clause. There's no way he was worth only £18m in January.

Edited by Okonokos
  • Like 1

Would love it if we raided Valencia (could we get Maxi Gomez this time? How’s he performed?) and any other decent teams needing funds (Marseille?).

We have to take advantage of situations like this and be willing to spend big for the right quality. With the slight relaxation on FFP too, it’s a great opportunity to substantially improve the team...

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Awol said:

That’s interesting. 

That would mean we have another CB nailed on to sign. Yet again not the first position most of us were looking to strengthen, but a senior partner for Mings to take some pressure off Konsa would be a good addition.

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Would any of these guys be attainable? Bottom of the list?

I don’t watch enough football these days to form much of an opinion tbh.

Villa is my sole/primary focus nowadays.

9A2860B8-8477-4EE9-9A10-E09BEC1F9DBA.jpeg

Sorry but where are the  valuations from? Is it a deep statistical analysis and review of current spending levels in football? Or is it some lazy journos who have taken 5 minutes out of their busy day looking at Twitter to stick a finger in the air and make a random guess? Total drivel. Manchester Untied would not sell Greenwood for £47 million, no chance.

4 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

That would mean we have another CB nailed on to sign. Yet again not the first position most of us were looking to strengthen, but a senior partner for Mings to take some pressure off Konsa would be a good addition.

Yeah was thinking the same, someone with a bit of physicality and leadership would help. Konsa has looked promising and hopefully still gets decent game time.

Hause is poor, a disaster with the ball at his feet. Good in the air but not much else.

19 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Only recent link I’ve seen is the guy at Sampadoria who went on Hajj to Mecca with Samatta. Omar (something). No idea if he’s any good though. 

Edit: Colley. From Gambia. The article I saw said they wanted £18M. 

Edited by Awol

44 minutes ago, thunderball said:

The point is we know what we need as a priority: forwards, pace, goals

I don’t disagree because I want those things too... but we should remember we scored more than Sheffield United, Newcastle, Brighton etc... what we need to do is concede fewer. But obviously I would like us to score more as well.

22 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

But Hause is an Lcb.

We have Engels and Konsa as Rcb's

If anything, we are getting an Lcb understudy in, or we are shaking up the whole damn thing.

That guy who has been linked from Galatasaray maybe?

an play centreback and DM, name starts with L.

Few more names, any thoughts on these guys?

Donyel Mallen - PSV

Marcus Thuram - Monchengladbach

Leon Bailey - Leverkusen 

Luka Jovic - Real Madrid

Federico Chiesa - Fiorentina

Jeremie Boga - Sassuolo

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

That account posted that the day of the Luiz going back to City rumours, it was piggybacking off of speculation. It's not the original guy at all, it's a fake. Check the Summer 2019 thread when he was posting when the Maupay to us rumours were strong, nothing happened. The original guy got it 100% right from the medicals. This account is fake.

Edited by Trickster
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Sorry but where are the  valuations from? Is it a deep statistical analysis and review of current spending levels in football? Or is it some lazy journos who have taken 5 minutes out of their busy day looking at Twitter to stick a finger in the air and make a random guess? Total drivel. Manchester Untied would not sell Greenwood for £47 million, no chance.

CIES Football Observatory:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/most-valuable-players-ranked-transfer-fee-sancho-haaland-hudson-odoi-greenwood-a9421551.html%3famp

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Am I missing something or does this account only have 4 posts

It only has 4 posts. One of some kits, this one, another saying a double deal for Watkins and Benrahma wasn’t agreed and one for a medical at midday tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But Hause is an Lcb.

We have Engels and Konsa as Rcb's

If anything, we are getting an Lcb understudy in, or we are shaking up the whole damn thing.

That guy who has been linked from Galatasaray maybe?

an play centreback and DM, name starts with L.

Luyindama

We could do with more height and strength in the side...

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

A CB should definitely be in the priority list.  

If a couple of the promoted teams defences are solid then...

Capture.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Trickster said:

That account posted that the day of the Luiz going back to City rumours, it was piggybacking off of speculation.

At the time I interpreted it as Hause going and thought it was a bit random. No harm in keepIng an eye on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spray said:

Villa fans crack me up. It's "We improved dramatically as a team after the restart" and "I'm confident at what I saw in the last four games to know we'll be fine next season," but the second anyone mentions any potential quality additions that we may or may not acquire, it's "We finished outside of the relegation zone by the skin of our teeth. get real" 

I have no problem with a player deciding not to come to us. My issue is that we most likely wouldn't even submit a bid.

You don’t need to submit a bid you call the management company and ask them, and they let you know.

To suggest a player is going to come to us on the cheap instead of to the top ten in the world clubs which are apparently after him is laughable.

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Loads of them but those aren’t their true values. Some too high, some too low and regardless they are all known entities to the club.

1 hour ago, Spray said:

A CB should definitely be in the priority list.  

If a couple of the promoted teams defences are solid then...

Capture.JPG

Definitely and they need to be a proven entity too. Konsa may be good enough but to be sure we need to blood him with a properly competent centre back. Some people have mentioned Duffy from Brighton as an easy pick up I would like John Stones if they are getting rid of him

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1