Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Fair enough mate but our scouting needs to be at a level that we can find and bring in players like this, otherwise what’s the point in having a scouting department?

I think it’s the one of the few ways to eventually become a top half team, we have to bring in some proper players and future stars.

Look at Wolves for instance, it is possible to break in and “upset the order”. Obviously it will take time and be more difficult for us as we won’t be having any dodgy dealings 😆

If they can convince foreign/Portuguese talent to come and live in Wolverhampton then surely we have a chance to attract these kinds of players too? 😆

We’ve got to try...

I don't disagree we've got to try. It sounds like, indeed, we have been trying. Rashica, Édouard. I'd imagine we will keep trying too. It's probably why we haven't got 5/6 players in already. 

Wolves are definitely the exception rather than the rule though. That's all agent, dodgy stuff. How many other recently promoted sides do you see bringing in some of the top young talent from across Europe? This is where we are at.

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Sad thing is that since RB Salzburg contracts always have a release clause in them he'd likely be at least £5m cheaper in fee and command a lot lower vages than the £70k that Watkins is rumored to be asking.

But we are not in a position to get players like Daka, no matter how much money our owners have.

Well yeah, the price is irrelevant really - their top players go to the top teams in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

If they can convince foreign/Portuguese talent to come and live in Wolverhampton then surely we have a chance to attract these kinds of players too? 😆

We’ve got to try...

Oi watch it bud that's me bloody home town your talking about, but I have to kind of agree 🤣

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Still a (slim) chance?

I just wonder if he would have been willing and even excited to sign had no other team, particularly a Champions League one, shown an interest. Maybe his head was turned and he decided against us after that...

We also need the opportunity to sit down with these players and sell them our vision/project. I think they could be convinced, given the opportunity.

I’ve given up on Rashica honestly but it would be a nice surprise and statement signing. 

Surely there’s got to be other/similar level players we are after too? 

It would be fair to say in football in this day and age that anything is possible.

As a Brentford fan mentioned on here the other day, A deal had been reached with Ivan Toney weeks ago apparantly, yet news of his arrival was only announced the other day?

Some players have big big descisions to make when potentially moving to a new club. I posted a similar comment a week or so ago where one minute you think you'll be moving to a club 4 hours up the road, the next thing you could be moving to another club in a different country altogether!? The logistics in all of this can often take weeks.

For all we know Rashica (and other potential signings from Europe and elsewhere) may have agreed a deal with us weeks ago, they may not have?  I guess it's down to the player and it can be a tough descision for some players to make, more than we are aware of. 

I would like to think we also have our eyes on 1 or 2 others like you mention with a similar upcoming potential and ambition for wanting to play at the next level.

As for Rashica, we know Werder need to sell and it still remains the case.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Used to knock around Wolvo when I was a lad, the place is a hole.

Where I live now is hardly any better though...

Depends where you go the surrounding Boroughs are I agree and every direction you walk in where its whitmorerines, Blakenall, Parkhill, Parkfield, HeathTown was the worst and prob still is, so on where i lived are a crap place to live, you just have to go past them in order to reach the nicer areas. But you know I always said it's what you make of things, do bad things get to know bad people, stay out the way best you can to limit meeting the trouble. Even in a crap area it's possible to avoid the crap.

My uncle Cliff whos gone now passed from diabetes while on holiday abroad lived across from the wolves ground in the flats. As a kid before Villa entered my heart, I'd stair out the window for hours while my late mother chatted to her brother, I'd listen to the wolves games. Funny thing is you could only ever see the bloody one quarter or less of the pitch from his window, but I'd stand and just listen to the chants and cheers and of course the boos. It never bothered me that I couldnt see the game, but I could always imagine it in my head at six and seven years old.

Edited by Dave-R

13 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I don't disagree we've got to try. It sounds like, indeed, we have been trying. Rashica, Édouard. I'd imagine we will keep trying too. It's probably why we haven't got 5/6 players in already. 

Wolves are definitely the exception rather than the rule though. That's all agent, dodgy stuff. How many other recently promoted sides do you see bringing in some of the top young talent from across Europe? This is where we are at.

Hopefully we will actually be making a surprise signing or two, I can rest easy then and shut up 😂

No one knows what our targets are so it’s entirely possible...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Well yeah, the price is irrelevant really - their top players go to the top teams in Europe.

If we strike early we can get them before they go to the top clubs. Sadio mane went to Southampton. I don't consider them one of the top clubs in Europe with all due respect. @Villain4Life mentioned Daka last season. They've got Berisha and Koita too who would add goals and pace up front. Their model is buy cheap and sell for a profit if not picked up by the main Leipzig team.

They signed Noah Okafor who is one of the most skilful players with searing pace I've seen in a long time. They signed him in January from Basel for a low amount.

The main reason I bleat on about the RB Salzburg players is the style of play. I believe they would be plug and play for us. These are the clubs we should be looking at. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we strike early we can get them before they go to the top clubs. Sadio mane went to Southampton. I don't consider them one of the top clubs in Europe with all due respect. @Villain4Life mentioned Daka last season. They've got Berisha and Koita too who would add goals and pace up front. Their model is buy cheap and sell for a profit if not picked up by the main Leipzig team.

They signed Noah Okafor who is one of the most skilful players with searing pace I've seen in a long time. They signed him in January from Basel for a low amount.

The main reason I bleat on about the RB Salzburg players is the style of play. I believe they would be plug and play for us. These are the clubs we should be looking at. 

Agreed & Mane is a great example. Southampton made some decent signings then, Tadic also. Sure we can do similar...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Agreed & Mane is a great example. Southampton made some decent signings then, Tadic also. Sure we can do similar...

This is why I believe we're putting the extra effort into the academy. Identify them earlier so we don't have to go to other clubs. A link up with the team from Portugal will be brilliant for us.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Same here mate and I’m surrounded by bloody Wolves fans... 

Do you live in wolves also, what area mate, i moved 20 years ago, been along time. I used to love being the lone wolf everywhere i went Wolves fans saying your supporting the wrong side, i used to say i doubt it i support the best damn Team in the Midlands. At times I used to get into fights in my teens over being a Villa fan, just because I was a Villa fan. I'd get back up after being knocked down by a few wolves lads and say- you wont never change how I feel Villa will always be in me so keep on doing what your doing, I'll always know who's the best and it certainly isnt your team.

What a feeling it was.

9 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Man Utd want Daka now @Sulberto21 :)

Gutted

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Well he did once play for Genk, if only Suso was still around 😄

Yeah maybe we should of kept suso on as well and gone for him, then got rid lmao.

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If only mate, in 2013  if only :D