Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

47 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Agree. I would sooner have two 40-50M players this window than six lower priced ones. We need more players of Jack's quality to push on. We dont need squad depth we already have that. We need high quality.

Exactly

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Mantis said:

That's true - I'm gonna wait and see. Just a bit worried with the links so far, but then again we've long run quite a tight ship with regards to transfers.

I suppose the links over there could be worrying to a degree, many have stated Villa had interest etc. but most of this came days after I had posted "Take it or leave it info" about any transfer in the thread regarding Rashica.

We appear to be indeed running a tight ship and the media getting hold of nothing until the last minute which is good to see.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Exactly

Like who? It's all well and good wanting these players but if they don't want to come, then what should we do? 

Answer: strengthen the best we can, have a better season and try again next summer.

We're simply not attractive enough to players of that calibre yet.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Exactly

And if 1 of those 40 - 50 mill players get injured, or both, we are back in the same boat.

Facts are we still need to improve the squad as a whole, and we don't have unlimited money to spend.

As I wrote in a post earlier in the thread. This is the phase where we solidify the squad and position. So we are not left bare bones when we have injuries or lack.of form. Have players just as good if not better ready to fill in AND provide higher competition to improve everyone.

Next season is when I think we can start to see the level up signings to tweak.

For all you know, we could very well still see a marquee player this window as well.

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And if 1 of those 40 - 50 mill players get injured, or both, we are back in the same boat.

Facts are we still need to improve the squad as a whole, and we don't have unlimited money to spend.

As I wrote in a post earlier in the thread. This is the phase where we solidify the squad and position. So we are not left bare bones when we have injuries or lack.of form. Have players just as good if not better ready to fill in AND provide higher competition to improve everyone.

For all you know, we could very well still see a marquee player this window as well.

Sense.

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Like who? It's all well and good wanting these players but if they don't want to come, then what should we do? 

Answer: strengthen the best we can, have a better season and try again next summer.

We're simply not attractive enough to players of that calibre yet.

Neither of us were going into specifics, just that we’d rather sign top quality players (whether they cost 10, 20 or 30 million) and youngsters with massive potential rather than squad filler or options (pointless spending big on aging players on high wages too).

We need major improvement to push on and the fact that we barely stayed up shows just how lacking our squad is. Plus, we need to be less reliant on Jack and have other ways of creating and scoring goals. He will tire of carrying the team and the vast majority of attacking play unless we add genuine quality to help him out and convince him to stay and demonstrate that we are heading in the right direction. 

It’s up to the club and scouting department to find that kind of quality and bring it in.

Of all the links, I would be happy with Benrahma & Buendia (each would likely cost 20-30m) and Edouard looks like he’d be a great signing too. We’re going to have to spend big because we are so lacking in quality.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, I’ve been stating repeatedly that we really have no idea (yet) as to what our transfer strategy is. Best not to pay too much attention to the speculation and online BS and wait until bids are accepted and players are bought in.

As just mentioned, the fees aren’t so relevant but the quality of player is.

What if Jack gets injured?

We need options and an upgrade in quality as we relied too heavily on Jack and struggled to stay up. We need a substantial upgrade in attack at least & don’t just want to be scrapping for survival again.

• Like 1

I think it's clear we want to put a lot of our transfer focus in developing youth and uncovering emerging talent from home and abroad, but as things stand we have an extremely inexperienced side that barely stayed up last season, we need some players who can steady the ship and help solidify our Premier League status while we build.

Players like Callum Wilson may not be the type of player we need for the future but they are what we need now.