Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

We've got 25 days before our league campaign kicks off. Maybe if we still haven't got a new striker in with 15 days or so then I could understand the panic but there is still a lot of hours in those days to be completing deals. Have we not learnt from last summer how quickly we can go from no news to fully completing a transfer? You'd swear the club were doing sod all. The fact is, in this day and age, nobody from Villa goes blabbing to journalists with info on who we're trying to sign. 

• Like 2

Jesus Christ, Daniel Sturridge? Why do we keep getting his name as a suggestion??

Id rather have Gareth Southgate marry my daughter then having that broken man at Villa. Same goes for benteke, Welbeck, and any other wash up. 

inappropriate clint eastwood GIF by Cheezburger

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 3

With all the posts from the villa official twitter about how together the players are I wonder  if nothing will happen till after we start the season? See how we start then buy if we are still poor? I know a gamble but no real strong links maybe we couldn't get the players we wanted to make us better. Just a thought. I'm probably wrong.lol

How on earth has this got to talking about sturridge?! Serious this thread has taken a deep dive into the looney bin. 

Just for the sake of clarity, Sturridge would be a terrible signing for the following reasons:- 

1. Injuries - constantly injured. He managed 11 games in Turkey.
  2. Poor attitude - made his money and happy to live off past glory likely to increase wage demand.
  3. The gambling ban - feeds into the poor attitude and shows a lack of interest in the game itself.
  4. Doesn’t really score goals anymore - his last good season was 2013/4 when he scored 21 goals. He did score 13 in 2015/6 but only played 25 games due to injuries.
  5. Age - wrong side of 30 (shortly 31).

*other reasons are available. 

Just simply no. Complete and utter waste of time and money. Cannot in any circumstance is looking at him.

Now can we start talking about more realistic options like Messi please?! :popcorn:

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

With all the posts from the villa official twitter about how together the players are I wonder  if nothing will happen till after we start the season? See how we start then buy if we are still poor? I know a gamble but no real strong links maybe we couldn't get the players we wanted to make us better. Just a thought. I'm probably wrong.lol

No chance - desperately need new additions before season starts.

Cant afford to go into the first couple of games with Samatta, Davies, Trez. Our opening two games and the opposition we face are two which come end of season could prove vital.

9 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

We've got 25 days before our league campaign kicks off. Maybe if we still haven't got a new striker in with 15 days or so then I could understand the panic but there is still a lot of hours in those days to be completing deals. Have we not learnt from last summer how quickly we can go from no news to fully completing a transfer? You'd swear the club were doing sod all. The fact is, in this day and age, nobody from Villa goes blabbing to journalists with info on who we're trying to sign. 

In addition our current squad will have had more time together. Dean Smith has bought in a new coach that is familiar to him. We have also undertaken a huge recruitment process of new backroom staff along with a few more analytics staff ( I saw job ad on Glassdoor website). 

Our new sporting director is probably tailoring the system to how he wants it to work alongside Dean Smith. We are doing things quickly on the academy side because it's mature as an entity compared to the first team recruitment team / process. 

We have been told there's something happening with Rashica so we're obviously trying to bring players in. Even if we don't bring anyone in before the season start I'm confident our current squad can handle things for a few games.

I believe we'll have 2 players minimum before season start. 

Patience ... we will be fine and no need to moan or panic just because your choice of player hasn’t signed as of yet (they will)... Have faith as we are finally on the right path I feel... Quality takes time and that is what we need and have.

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Patience ... we will be fine and no need to moan or panic just because your choice of player hasn’t signed as of yet (they will)... Have faith as we are finally on the right path I feel... Quality takes time and that is what we need and have.

Ok - how long without a signing before you're patience runs out ? Start of the season ? End of Sept ? End of the Window ?

30 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Everyone coming in with some wise crack responses 👏👏👏

I literally said as a short term fix should we not get any strikers in pre start of season. He clearly isn’t someone I would want and certainly would be underwhelming but on a risk free basis I would back him to at least contribute to some goals ahead of samatta and Davies, and yeah his injury record is awful but for a few matches I stand by the fact I’d trust him over what we have currently.

If people cared to read how I opened the hypothetical I fail to see how this dosent have credibility. Yet people on here would still hang their hat on samatta and Davies. 👍 Who’s gunna start the relegation thread for next year? 

Either way UTV hopefully we make some signings tomorrow.

I mean, both Samatta and Davis would contribute far more than Sturridge, but people not wanting Sturridge is not because we're happy with our current options, it's because he's never going to play because he is always injured/can't really be bothered. Literally we'd be better off re-signing Baston than bringing in Sturridge on a free 

Even suggesting pay as you play is fantasy land, he would never accept it without a "base" salary to work off and that would likely be at least 20k given the amount he is used to earning. He's finished, not worth the discussion 

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I know he's not a favourite on here but Alan Nixon on twitter really keeps backing us to spend big 🤷‍♂️

He reported Phillips’ England call up 2 hours before the squad was announced....

.... but he knows nothing so we probably have £2m to spend ☺️

22 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ok - how long without a signing before you're patience runs out ? Start of the season ? End of Sept ? End of the Window ?

10 days... I think once the first one is secure the next two will be relatively quick in succession. 

Edited by thabucks

15 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

how did liverpool fans rate purslow

Put it this way.

If we can be as "shite" as Liverpool were, while Purslow was there and not "rated" by fans (Which I think you are trying to imply?), we will be doing very well comparitavely to where we have been the last few years. VERY well.

• Like 2

Actually I think we're trying to get it right this time. The more it takes time the more I think we're trying to get some big signings. Which won't accept coming here easily. We can say for sure about Rashica, but who's to say the same thing isn't happening with Edouardor Abraham...etc?

• Like 1