Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, useless said:

People haven't got a clue what's going on, so make things up in their heads and take guesses to fill in the blanks, much like the media make things up. All we can do is wait and see what happens.

Yeah - one of the most annoying things about these threads is someone saying "oh, what about <x> - he'd probably cost <y>" and then the same player just keeps appearing on these potential-signing lists, as if we've been linked to them.

Patience is not something that the modern football fan has in abundance :D 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If you’re worried about making mistakes, surely not rushing in to a market, that is pretty slow all round anyway, would be a pretty sensible thing to do? 

Absolutely. 

I'm not complaining. Just anxious. 

• Like 1

We want signings and we want them nowwwww. 

Just kidding, obviously I only want us to sign the right players and for the right price. 

If you break the wage structure on only player it ruins it from that point on. Man City's wage bill is so high and broken because of the Robinho deal. Every player from that point on demanded silly wages to match Robinho or better it. 

I think our owners are a little more savy than that. 

7 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

A reliable American reporter with connections to the US National Team

I think McKennie will be Villa first signing.  Our owner has our Egyptian players and now the other owner will have his American player.  Don’t underestimate this.  

If i was an owner of a big foreign club, id like to have a fantastic player of my nationality if it was possible. 

Plus McKennie will be well aware what is happening at the Bucks.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

Can you imagine if Suso was still here? There would be riots at Villa Park calling for him to be tarred, feathered, hog-tied and dragged onto a boat back to Spain.

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Can you imagine if Suso was still here? There would be riots at Villa Park calling for him to be tarred, feathered, hog-tied and dragged onto a boat back to Spain.

Or we would have signed some good players *hides*

58 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah - one of the most annoying things about these threads is someone saying "oh, what about <x> - he'd probably cost <y>" and then the same player just keeps appearing on these potential-signing lists, as if we've been linked to them.

Announce <x>!

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure what the delay is but i would imagine as market is slow no one selling until they got replacements lined up

If that was the case no one would ever move !!!

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don't think it is patience.

We escaped relegation by a single point - since then we have weakened the goalkeeping department - and even if all fit - we have a bunch of forwards who can't score - our opening 2 games (Sheff U & Fulham) are games we should reasonably expect to get points on the board. As things stand we could go into these games with Nyland in goal and Sammatta and Davis up front...oh and the game after that is Liverpool.

I can understand why people are concerned myself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even Leeds are signing better players than us now. Agreed a deal for established Spain winger for approx £30mil: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53914263

And we can't get deals over the line for McKennie, Rashica and Edouard. So depressing.

Lol. That is an awful signing. 30m on a 29yr old with a track record of injuries? 
That will be a large chunk of their budget I imagine. 

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even Leeds are signing better players than us now. Agreed a deal for established Spain winger for approx £30mil: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53914263

And we can't get deals over the line for McKennie, Rashica and Edouard. So depressing.

How do you know we can't get deals over the line? Are you ITK?

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol. That is an awful signing. 30m on a 29yr old with a track record of injuries? 
That will be a large chunk of their budget I imagine. 

How is it awful? 8 goals in 22 games for Spain, 59 goals in 220 games for Valencia. Scored goals in La Liga, Europe and internationally. 29 is hardly old, he's got a few years left in him and he's featured regularly for Valencia over the last three seasons so not sure how you work out he's injury prone.

If we were signing him I'm sure you'd be making out it's a great signing.