Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Well I allowed for that but I too tired to finish the sentence. Point is is that this talk of plan a and plan be is misleading, our 'plan a' will be a list of names and if none of those sign, then we will move on to 'plan b', it's the way most football clubs operate these days. It's not like we're going to try and sign Abraham and if that doesn't work think to ourselve right lets try and sign sturridge then.

Edited by useless

Just now, Mark_1989 said:

Picture this. One on one with the keeper v Arsenal coming in from the left hand side, which one would you think has a chance of scoring? Sturridge or Davies.

West Ham ball across the box, who’s air kicking? Sturridge or Samatta.

my point is still I’d have more confidence in Sturridge scoring than what we CURRENTLY have.

But Sturridge wont even make it on to the pitch. He is always injured, always, always, always.

• Like 1

If we sign Daniel Sturbridge on any sort of deal - that sends the opposite signal that the marquee signing we were talking about yesterday .

Same old Villa.

Edited by hippo

1 minute ago, hippo said:

If we sign Daniel Sturbridge on any sort of deal - that sends the opposite signal that the marquee signing we were talking about yesterday .

Same old Villa.

Don't worry, it's not going to happen. Some people on here are just being unreasonable.

• Like 1

Hertha are talking up Piatek (having signed him in January) after an average start amid talk from Fiorentina. If we were interested in January, maybe interested still?

Maxi Gomez from last Summer’s rumours must be available for sale given the fire sale at Valencia, but I just don’t think he’d settle in England.

There must be a dozen other players like that. I just hope we get a good-un.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

If we sign Daniel Sturbridge on any sort deal - that send the opposite signal that the marquee signing we were talking about yesterday would.

Same old Villa.

Can understand everyone’s opposition to Sturridge but I was merely stating him as a possibility as a ‘short term fix’ as at the minute we look likely to enter the season with Samatta and Davies. (1 league goal this calendar year)

Two pretty important games to start and with zero probability of Keinan and Smatta scoring we better hope the MF picks up the pieces early on.

I knew it. We were just biding our time.  

Messi has handed in a transfer request, summer window business done.

And he's available on a free :

'The Argentina international, 33, sent a fax to the club on Tuesday saying he wishes to exercise a clause in his contract, allowing him to leave for free with immediate effect.'

Come on villa, get this one done..

Edited by richp999

I wonder if we have all been dealt a deft slight of hand distraction ...

Are the all sixteen year olds we've signed as academy prospects, not academy prospects all - and are going straight into the first team ?

• Haha 1

we arent gonna sign anyone before the season starts. Not itk its just what i think.

I honestly believe theres been a huge cock up with lange. Came in too late and cant attract the names we want, so we are back to the drawing board.

Cue some bs about how well we finished the season and that we dont need to bring anyone in at this stage.

2 hours ago, Raymond said:

Man City, Bayern, Juventus, or Aston Villa

Tough choice for Messi

Logically, he should think that coming to a club like the Villa and bringing us up among the top 4 in his last active years is just what he lacks to really nail that GOAT status. :detect:

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

we arent gonna sign anyone before the season starts. Not itk its just what i think.

I honestly believe theres been a huge cock up with lange. Came in too late and cant attract the names we want, so we are back to the drawing board.

Cue some bs about how well we finished the season and that we dont need to bring anyone in at this stage.

I'm sure Purslow and Smith could complete signings without any help if need be.

15 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Sturridge? You're all having a laugh. He's done and has been for years.

I mean LOOK at this:

sturridge.JPG

That’s all well and good but apparently he’s in Southgate’s plans for his next squad. 

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Daniel Sturridge relationship to football these days is liking the payslip and that's it.

You'd have to be certifiable to sign him. 

Agreed but we did sign drinkwater ffs so I’m not ruling anything out 😉

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I wonder if we have all been dealt a deft slight of hand distraction ...

Are the all sixteen year olds we've signed as academy prospects, not academy prospects all - and are going straight into the first team ?

Well after looking at some of the players Arsenal field, it wouldn't surprise me. lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, useless said:

Well I allowed for that but I too tired to finish the sentence. Point is is that this talk of plan a and plan be is misleading, our 'plan a' will be a list of names and if none of those sign, then we will move on to 'plan b', it's the way most football clubs operate these days. It's not like we're going to try and sign Abraham and if that doesn't work think to ourselve right lets try and sign sturridge then.

I think its close to that. 

Look at last year. We tried for Phillips, we couldn't get him so we end with nakamba. 

There will be players we prioritise and then players we will move to if we can't bring them in 

Edited by DCJonah

30 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Let’s start Vassiev up top and let him run around for a few games.

I’m merely saying we need something/anything than what we currently have to start the season with.

Sturridges injury record isn’t really an issue if he’d only get paid if playing. I was using it as a quick fix to start the season in the event that we haven’t bought in a proper signing to start the season.

I love the idea of starting the season with a strike force that scored once since January.

Sturridge is shot. That means a used Kleenex will be of more use than Sturridge. Secondly what's the point of giving up a squad place to someone who probably will last 2 games and then to the treatment room.

I agree with your first sentence.

• Like 1