Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Just now, Okonokos said:

How do you know we can't get deals over the line? Are you ITK?

Liverpool fans actually had alot of time for Purslow on the way he ran the club when he was there.

The only gripe they had and it was a big one, was that he dithered in signing players.  They lost alot of good players because of it apparently.

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't think it is patience.

We escaped relegation by a single point - since then we have weakened the goalkeeping department - and even if all fit - we have a bunch of forwards who can't score - our opening 2 games (Sheff U & Fulham) are games we should reasonably expect to get points on the board. As things stand we could go into these games with Nyland in goal and Sammatta and Davis up front...oh and the game after that is Liverpool.

I can understand why people are concerned myself.

It's almost like people think the club aren't aware of the improvements we need and that the people involved are just sat there twiddling their thumbs.

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Liverpool fans actually had alot of time for Purslow on the way he ran the club when he was there.

The only gripe they had and it was a big one, was that he dithered in signing players.  They lost alot of good players because of it apparently.

I think the owners would only stand for that happening for so long. (If Purslow is ever found guilty again).

They don't strike me in being a pair of Bill and Ben businessmen.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

How do you know we can't get deals over the line? Are you ITK?

I'm not sure what you're getting at. We survived by the skin of our teeth last season and were desperately in need of quality reinforcements to not be in the same position next season, yet we're pretty much a month down the line without any added quality apart from some Academy players. 

Look, I'm happy to wait a little bit to get better quality but time is ticking away. It seems like our scouting dept or DS can't attract the quality additions to the club and it's very, very concerning. I hope I'm proven wrong over the coming weeks. 

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

How is it awful? 8 goals in 22 games for Spain, 59 goals in 220 games for Valencia. Scored goals in La Liga, Europe and internationally. 29 is hardly old, he's got a few years left in him and he's featured regularly for Valencia over the last three seasons so not sure how you work out he's injury prone.

If we were signing him I'm sure you'd be making out it's a great signing. 

Didn't he tear his knee ligament a couple of months back? 

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's almost like people think the club aren't aware of the improvements we need and that the people involved are just sat there twiddling their thumbs.

Im sure they aren't - I just wonder if we are as cash rich as people think

7 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

How is it awful? 8 goals in 22 games for Spain, 59 goals in 220 games for Valencia. Scored goals in La Liga, Europe and internationally. 29 is hardly old, he's got a few years left in him and he's featured regularly for Valencia over the last three seasons so not sure how you work out he's injury prone.

Yet it’s £30 for someone past their prime. 

Leeds will either loose money on him or be stuck with him 

Also he’s from La liga,  possibly one of the easiest top leagues to bang in goals. Pretty much the SPL with marakas

maracas celebrate GIF by Major League Soccer

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

I'm not sure what you're getting at. We survived by the skin of our teeth last season and were desperately in need of quality reinforcements to not be in the same position next season, yet we're pretty much a month down the line without any added quality apart from some Academy players. 

Look, I'm happy to wait a little bit to get better quality but time is ticking away. It seems like our scouting dept or DS can't attract the quality additions to the club and it's very, very concerning. I hope I'm proven wrong over the coming weeks. 

I'm not sure what you were getting at. There is no evidence to suggest we are struggling to get deals over the line. Deals take time. There really is no need to be concerned.

14 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

He scored 4 league goals last year. I'd be furious if we spent £30 million on him..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Also he’s from La liga,  possibly one of the easiest top leagues to bang in goals. Pretty much the SPL with marakas

Maracas aren't Spanish! I'd say La Liga is underrated in the UK. There are better teams than people appreciate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

And it's easy to score for Spain and against CL teams? OK.

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

He scored 4 league goals last year. I'd be furious if we spent £30 million on him..

He's had a go in English football with Bolton before which I assume didn't go brilliantly.  Fair enough if Bielsa thinks he will fit the system but if it starts badly and he decides to walk out, as is his wont, it could be a very costly deal. We definitely shouldn't be making a signing like this. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Even Leeds are signing better players than us now. Agreed a deal for established Spain winger for approx £30mil: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53914263

And we can't get deals over the line for McKennie, Rashica and Edouard. So depressing.

29 years old and not enough premier league experience 😉

• Haha 1