Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Sturridge is shot. That means a used Kleenex will be of more use than Sturridge. Secondly what's the point of giving up a squad place to someone who probably will last 2 games and then to the treatment room.

I agree with your first sentence.

😂😂😂

I hope/confident we will get a striker in before the season starts but utterly baffled how some people can be content with our current strike force should they start in our opening game.

Time purslow starts pulling some strings.

38 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

Sturridges injury record isn’t really an issue if he’d only get paid if playing.

If we give him and his mates enough of a heads up that the transfer is happening we wouldn't even have to pay him... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I know at times Barca play Messi as a right winger – that is not as I see him in the way we play. So with us he would be a defender or a 10 and at the moment, we don't play with one and I think we have got players who deserve to be in just ahead of him. The difficulty for Messi is Jack Grealish, Mahmoud Trezeguet, John McGinn and Conor Hourihane. We have got incredible players in those positions, we have got competition for places.

Youre Good Robert Deniro GIF

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

😂😂😂

I hope/confident we will get a striker in before the season starts but utterly baffled how some people can be content with our current strike force should they start in our opening game.

I twice had trials for Walsall and I'd die for the shirt. Problem is I'm shit. doesn't mean you stick me up front. The problem with sturridge is the opposite he was good but his legs have gone.

So do you stick the shit one up front or the A+E season ticket holder there? Or the 3rd option which is what we have who can do a better job than a crocked has been. We shouldn't be trying to get anyone we need to improve what we have. Only buy if better is available.

Edited by Sulberto21

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I literally can't believe Strurridges name is being mentioned. It's like something from The Twilight zone. 

Hello Sidcow, are you new to VT?, let me show you around.

To your left.....is the twilight zone.

To your right is the pit of despair, be careful though because if you look in to the pit it will look back in to you.........and such words can be heard from its depths, such as.......screeeewdriverrrr.......and......villaaaaalaaaddd.

Be careful good sir, such words can send you to madness.

Welcome to VT by the way, please enjoy your stay.

Edited by MaVilla

9 minutes ago, Mark_1989 said:

😂😂😂

Instead of Sturridge. Patson Daka from RB Salzburg would be a relatively cheap but fantastic buy. Wages would be smaller too. Potentially as good as Haaland. 

Habib Diallo another player who has fantastic potential will bring a lot of heat to defences against the premier League. Both have been recommended by @Villain4Life.

I've seen Daka play and he is rapid. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

Hello Sidcow, are you new to VT?, let me show you around.

To your left.....is the twilight zone.

To your right is the pit of despair, be careful though because if you look in to the pit it will look back in to you.........and such words can be heard from its depths, such as.......screeeewdriverrrr.......and......villaaaaalaaaddd.

Be careful good sir, such words can send you to madness.

Welcome to VT by the way, please enjoy your stay.

d8bghl5-f6bdd241-0355-4ecf-8d3e-4bcc8f64

I have absolutely no proof for this one but I reckon Andre Silva is a smart bet as one of our ST signings, maybe alongside Brewster on loan.

Silva, Portugese international plays for AC Milan but has spent the last two seasons on loan - first in Spain and the Germany and did well in both leagues.

His agent is Mendes who the club know well.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I know at times Barca play Messi as a right winger – that is not as I see him in the way we play. So with us he would be a defender or a 10 and at the moment, we don't play with one and I think we have got players who deserve to be in just ahead of him. The difficulty for Messi is Jack Grealish, Mahmoud Trezeguet, John McGinn and Conor Hourihane. We have got incredible players in those positions, we have got competition for places.

I ran out of likes, this is superb! 
Oh Yeah Yes GIF by Originals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colhint said:

Sturridge is a good shout if its pay if you play, It'll only cost 50 quid, I'll cover that

Everyone coming in with some wise crack responses 👏👏👏

I literally said as a short term fix should we not get any strikers in pre start of season. He clearly isn’t someone I would want and certainly would be underwhelming but on a risk free basis I would back him to at least contribute to some goals ahead of samatta and Davies, and yeah his injury record is awful but for a few matches I stand by the fact I’d trust him over what we have currently.

If people cared to read how I opened the hypothetical I fail to see how this dosent have credibility. Yet people on here would still hang their hat on samatta and Davies. 👍 Who’s gunna start the relegation thread for next year? 

Either way UTV hopefully we make some signings tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Mark_1989 said:

Everyone coming in with some wise crack responses 👏👏👏

I literally said as a short term fix should we not get any strikers in pre start of season. He clearly isn’t someone I would want and certainly would be underwhelming but on a risk free basis I would back him to at least contribute to some goals ahead of samatta and Davies, and yeah his injury record is awful but for a few matches I stand by the fact I’d trust him over what we have currently.

If people cared to read how I opened the hypothetical I fail to see how this dosent have credibility. Yet people on here would still hang their hat on samatta and Davies. 👍 Who’s gunna start the relegation thread for next year? 

Either way UTV hopefully we make some signings tomorrow.

The biggest problem is that he'd be taking a squad registration spot. That's someone useful we could have got in. Instead we give it up to Sturridge. Injuries have finished him. He won't last 2 games. PAYG or not it's still a spot taken in the squad. 

• Like 3