Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

Leeds will need go hope that their 3-5 signings all fit into Bielsa’s system perfectly.

They got that Augustin in January and committed to spend £18m on the permanent transfer if they got promoted, but Bielsa didn’t really like him and opted for play Bamford instead.

If he does that with this new guy too, it’ll look like a huge waste of money.

16 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yet it’s £30 for someone past their prime. 

Leeds will either loose money on him or be stuck with him 

Also he’s from La liga,  possibly one of the easiest top leagues to bang in goals. Pretty much the SPL with marakas

maracas celebrate GIF by Major League Soccer

Castanets surely?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Rolta said:

Maracas aren't Spanish! I'd say La Liga is underrated in the UK. There are better teams than people appreciate.

La liga has many players with good technical ability, but the style of football is quite different to the PL. Generally It is only the really top players that adapt (e.g David Silva) and bring their la liga form here. Most don't perform as well as they did in Spain. Same with the Italian leagues. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Is McKennie decent then? 

He's quality. What we've been missing in the centre midfield for years. Very energetic, puts himself about, will run through brick walls for the team and can fill in in multiple positions. I could see him winning fans player of the year with us. He'd definitely become a fan favourite.

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

And it's easy to score for Spain and against CL teams? OK.

Depends who Spain played when he did score, could be teams like gibraltar or or feroah islands

alao depends with champion league games, the group games are often filled with minor teams and weaken teams. 

look he’s an ok player, I give you that. Yet he’s near 30. It’s just not a sound investment. 

im for happy he’s going to Leeds for that price and not us 

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

He's quality. What we've been missing in the centre midfield for years. Very energetic, puts himself about, will run through brick walls for the team and can fill in in multiple positions. I could see him winning fans player of the year with us. He'd definitely become a fan favourite.

Sounds a bit like McGinn 😏

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

La liga has many players with good technical ability, but the style of football is quite different to the PL. Generally It is only the really top players that adapt (e.g David Silva) and bring their la liga form here. Most don't perform as well as they did in Spain. 

I've pondered this once or twice—there are a lot of really good players in good teams who never come over and never get mentioned. You might be right, but I feel we only ever see the really good ones and the bang average ones. But you really might be right.

Edited by Rolta

Just now, Okonokos said:

It will be really interesting to see how Messi adapts if he comes to the Premier League actually. I don't think he'll find it as easy as he does in Spain.

If he comes here it will be to Man City and I think he will do well. I don't think he will be averaging anywhere near a goal a game though. 

32 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Lol. That is an awful signing. 30m on a 29yr old with a track record of injuries? 
That will be a large chunk of their budget I imagine. 

Totally agree. Can’t imagine that they’ll now be in the mix for one of our targets.

• Like 2

I see the Tesco bags have been linked with Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic .... He would be ideal for us and maybe we could offer them Engels plus £8-£10mill ... double deal with Edouard would be the dream ...

2 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

It will be really interesting to see how Messi adapts if he comes to the Premier League actually. I don't think he'll find it as easy as he does in Spain.

It depends on the team he goes to. If it's a long ball team non possession based team like we were last season he'll struggle. If he goes to a team that dominates possession he'll dominate games.

10 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

They're my number 1 and 2 transfer targets. Would improve us drastically.

We're on the same wavelength there. I really like both of them too. I'm just concerned this is dragging on longer than I can stomach and I'll be so disappointed if we end up with neither. 

looks like the same is going on here

39 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Liverpool fans actually had alot of time for Purslow on the way he ran the club when he was there.

The only gripe they had and it was a big one, was that he dithered in signing players.  They lost alot of good players because of it apparently.

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

I see the Tesco bags have been linked with Kristoffer Ajer from Celtic .... He would be ideal for us and maybe we could offer them Engels plus £8-£10mill ... double deal with Edouard would be the dream ...

He’d too good for the Baggies and would form monster partnership with Mings.

Think he cost £20m plus, so maybe throw in Hourihane as well.

12 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Depends who Spain played when he did score, could be teams like gibraltar or or feroah islands

alao depends with champion league games, the group games are often filled with minor teams and weaken teams. 

look he’s an ok player, I give you that. Yet he’s near 30. It’s just not a sound investment. 

But if he does well there and keeps them up and allows them to invest further it will be a good signing for 2-3 years.

Obviously no one knows how anyone will do in this league but he looks like he has the quality to me and is a higher profile signing than we've managed since we were promoted. Maybe his stats last season weren't brilliant (he did get 7 assists though), but over the last five years he's averaging 1 in 3 in one of Europe's top leagues, not the Belgian league where we shopped around.

21 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Matchday Date Venue For Opponent Result Pos.            
World Cup qualification Europe World Cup qualification Europe
  Group G 10/6/17 H Spain Albania Albania 3:0 CF 1         82'
International Friendlies International Friendlies
    3/23/18 A Spain Germany Germany 1:1 CF 1         66'
UEFA Nations League A UEFA Nations League A
  Group 4 9/8/18 A Spain England England 1:2 RW 1 1       90'
  Group 4 9/11/18 H Spain Croatia Croatia 6:0 CF 1         90'
European Qualifiers European Qualifiers
  Group F 3/23/19 H Spain Norway Norway 2:1 RW 1         90'
  Group F 9/8/19 H Spain Faroe Islands Faroe Islands 4:0 CF 2         90'
  Group F 10/15/19 A Spain Sweden Sweden 1:1   1         24'

He did in fact score 2 against the Faroe Islands :D , also scored against Sweden and England