Summer Transfers Window 2020

sne

8 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I think every Villa fan, manager, coach and everyone else could see we were short of players in attack. The problem was that we had already spent £120m with no incoming fees.

It's not fair saying we should have bought maupay instead of Samatta, Maupay went to brighton because we bought Wesley and (probably wrongly so) hoped we had enough strikers

Samatta was clearly a panic buy because of the injury to Wesley and because of how terrible Kodija was. (It's always more expensive to sign players in january and Samatta still only cost around half of what Maupay cost)

We bought Wesley a month before Maupay went to Brighton and yet apparently we were still bidding for him.

And most people realised we were light on STs as it turned out to be.

And it’s a false economy to say Samatta cost half what Maupay because £10m was still a waste of money and it was entirely predictable.

Edited by rayk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Let's play a highly theoretical, what if...

If That Celtic bloke is plan A

and...

Watkins is plan B

Who is plan C and could we accept anyone beneath those two in terms of perceived suitability in this window?

What if...

Abraham is plan A

Edouard is plan B

Watkins is plan C

Hogan is plan D

17 minutes ago, sne said:

This is Daniel Sturridge's injury record during his short stint at Trabzonspor before he got banned from football due to illegal betting. Either he has bones made out of rice paper or he lacks heart and desire to actually play. I'm guessing it's both but doesn't really matter, the guy is finished.

19/20 Toe Injury Feb 22, 2020 Mar 2, 2020 9 days -
19/20 Knock Jan 10, 2020 Jan 28, 2020 18 days 3Trabzonspor
19/20 Muscle Injury Dec 8, 2019 Dec 13, 2019 5 days 2Trabzonspor
19/20 Calf muscle strain Nov 24, 2019 Nov 29, 2019 5 days 1Trabzonspor
19/20 Thigh muscle rupture Oct 28, 2019 Nov 24, 2019 27 days 5Trabzonspor
19/20 Groin Injury Oct 23, 2019 Oct 25, 2019 2 days 1Trabzonspor
19/20 Achilles tendon problems Sep 22, 2019 Sep 26, 2019 4 days 1Trabzonspor
19/20 Fitness Aug 25, 2019 Sep 2, 2019 8 days 3Trabzonspor

So in essence one of the tissues from the Rashica thread will be stronger? 😂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I think Origi fits between Watkins and Hogan

Knowing this lot, the players we are after aren’t even on that list you had! A lot of last seasons buys weren’t on people’s lists then.

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

I think Origi fits between Watkins and Hogan

I think Origi fits between Edouard and Watkins.

Then you have Batshuayi.

Then I reckon it’s Watkins.....at least in terms of perceived class.

But you’re right, there are four very good STs out there (excluding Tammy for the moment).

Id even throw Iheancho in there if it didn’t mean we’d be giving Leicester the money to buy Edouard.

Edited by rayk

3 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no one plan a or one plan b, there's a list of five or more targets for every postion with idea being that they're all as good and suitable for us as each other.

Forgive me that is a bit daft because in that scenario we’d just bid for the cheapest player for every position.

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Knowing this lot, the players we are after aren’t even on that list you had! A lot of last seasons buys weren’t on people’s lists then.

I know what you mean Nick, there was a lot of stealth last year, but that was under Suso's tutelage who has since been ousted. Could be wrong, but I think the blokes we do sign will be more familiar to us this year.

Edited by Lerner's Driver

6 minutes ago, useless said:

There's no one plan a or one plan b, there's a list of five or more targets for every postion with idea being that they're all as good and suitable for us as each other.

I don't think that's true. 

There will clearly be top targets rated higher than other potential players to sign.

Edited by DCJonah
  • Thanks 1